Lecavalier... eeeinteresting.

Bakanekimiwa

Salacious tweet from Philadelphia Flyers this morning... 

Per GM Ron Hextall: Vincent Lecavalier will not skate today; there will be an update tomorrow.

What do we make of this? Nothing? Reportedly scouts from Montreal have been spotted at recent Flyer games as well as Flyer scouts at Mon. 

I don't really see how Vinny to Mon makes much sense unless we eat a lot of salary. And the obvious, he's French Canadian... fwiw. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just curious that they need to mention that he won't be skating... so officially. maybe that's standard procedure? 

It's likely nothing. Maybe he slipped in the shower and hurt his toe? 

With a potential buyout cap hit for VLC of:

$2.9M

$2.4M

$917K

$917K

I wouldn't be at all opposed to retaining, say, $2M of salary to get VLC off the roster.

That puts the Habs on the hook for $1M each year - about what, coincidentally, they were paying Semin - with just $2.5M on their cap and $2M on the Flyers (who save cap room over a straight buyout).

Make this happen. Please?

:hocky:

With a potential buyout cap hit for VLC of:

$2.9M

$2.4M

$917K

$917K

I wouldn't be at all opposed to retaining, say, $2M of salary to get VLC off the roster.

That puts the Habs on the hook for $1M each year - about what, coincidentally, they were paying Semin - with just $2.5M on their cap and $2M on the Flyers (who save cap room over a straight buyout).

Make this happen. Please?

:hocky:

I am SOOOOOOOO much more on board with this versus the Simmonds trade. Vinny at the cost of 1 mil would bring in a french speaking, home grown guy that could be a veteran presence on the habs team and give himself a chance to finish his career on the ice instead of playing popcorn boy to Ed Snider. I would do that "trade" for cup of Tim Horton's coffee..........

No wants VLC.... it is a pipe dream but the reality is we are stuck. The greatest of Holiday miracles won't fix this issue...

That'll do, Scrooge, that'll do.  Keep your truths to yourself while we're dreaming!

Holiday miracle - Vinny and a third to Tampa where he promptly retires. Philly gets a seventh and 4 box seats to Vinny night in Tampa food beverages and parking not included.... Let's not get greedy.

But seriously Vinny a prospect or pick for essentially nothing in return is a win for all sides. Probably possible in the offseason after he gets his bonus. Tampa's first home game would be his night as they raise his jersey to the rafters.

But seriously Vinny a prospect or pick for essentially nothing in return is a win for all sides. Probably possible in the offseason after he gets his bonus.

Absolutely. But I just don't see him "retiring" at this point. And I don't think the bonus is as big an issue if the Flyers retain salary in the deal (but it's a good point - he gets $500K on July 1).

Either then or now, VLC and retain $2M for "future considerations."

Get it done Hexy :)

Rumor has it that holmgren is involved with pushing for a trade of simmonds and vinny and retaining max amount for vinny and simmonds for a player to be named later. Said it's an amazing deal and we only needed to add the next five 2nd rounders.

Archived