Streit Back Skating

radoran

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laughton should be enough, between the 60k they were under and the cap they banked to this point. Tight, but under.

Well slice it and ice it how ever and whomever you want.......but Ghost can not be part of the waiver process they need him to much!!! 2nd time he has beat Carolina in OT this year.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2015/12/19/could-shayne-gostisbehere-end-up-ahl-again-soon/77645650/

"The 38-year-old Streit had surgery to repair a detatched pubic plate and is progressing nicely. He’s scheduled to be activated Dec. 27 — the Flyers will be able to do that despite a roster freeze because Streit is on injured reserve — which means someone will have to go."

looks like from those pairing, it will be a forward going down?

Who knows. Schultz, Manning, and Schenn are all on different pairings, those are the guys I would expect to see the scratches come from, but with no two together... -shrug-

Who knows. Schultz, Manning, and Schenn are all on different pairings, those are the guys I would expect to see the scratches come from, but with no two together... -shrug-

if Streit is activated to play in tomorrow's game, someone needs to be demoted or waived immediately 

Also gives them time to waive someone. Not sure how that would have worked had they wanted to activate him today since waivers are usually 24 hours and rosters were frozen. Hoping that's the route they go.

Also gives them time to waive someone. Not sure how that would have worked had they wanted to activate him today since waivers are usually 24 hours and rosters were frozen. Hoping that's the route they go.

Would all that have to take place before you reasignment to the AHL for conditioning like they did Ryan White last year.

Without doubt an injury like that he needs some conditioning time and i'm not talking practice.

Teams don't need "time" to waive someone. They can waive someone and demote them immediately to make a roster spot,

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet and may not have time, but this post was perfect. Completely agree.

Manning doesn't make enough to matter. Schultz might. Really though till have to be Laughton or Gagner or VLC just looking at the numbers.

I could see Gagner being waived. He is a healthy scratch on some game nights and even when he was playing....very average/mediocre stats. Don't know if he was ever granted the ability to work on the top line, but if you don't put him in the top 6, you might as well not even dress him.

I could see Gagner being waived. He is a healthy scratch on some game nights and even when he was playing....very average/mediocre stats. Don't know if he was ever granted the ability to work on the top line, but if you don't put him in the top 6, you might as well not even dress him.

very plausible scenario.  Shame Gagner never got a legit shot to be on top line.  For a fomer 1st round draft pick, his career has been disappointing.

very plausible scenario.  Shame Gagner never got a legit shot to be on top line.  For a fomer 1st round draft pick, his career has been disappointing.

That's what happens when you're a former 1st round pick of the Oilers 

I'm happy to hear Streit is "back skating." Now if he'd occasionally do some back Checking I'd be even more thrilled. :-)

Streit was never signed for his back checking or defensive prowess. We needed him for his puck moving and PP QB ability, which he has done a great job at since he came here.  

Streit was never signed for his back checking or defensive prowess.

Sure he wasn't but in Hak system you are required to do this just because you're a puck movers doesn't mean you're allowed to suck as bad as he has in his zone.

He has left a lot to be desired in his own end.

Fans can't turn around and say Ghost a rookie mind you still needs some areas to clean up and working on his defensive acumen and then let Streit shitthebed every time his is around his own net.

If we're going to hold a rookie accountable then we are damn sure going to hold a vet defenseman making 5 mill per.

IMHO Ghost is already better in his own end than i have ever seen from Steit. You don't have to agree with it but from what i seen i believe it.

Schultz is even better in his end than Streit....Schultz is just garbage in the neutral zone...and soft of soft around the net.

Archived