Flyer 2016 trade options....

OccamsRazor

2 minutes ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

You have to give up someone attractive.  I would deal Morin.  With the Flyers lack of offense, Drouin could play a lot of minutes and develop nicely.

Give them picks and players but i wouldn't move those 4.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TimKerrFan12 said:

Schenn and a 2nd.

Yzerman has already said he wants a prospect or a kid on a entry level deal in return. They only have 1.5 mill in cap space. I'd rather trade a kid like Laughton or Cousins or even younger. 

But honestly i'd pass on him.

I wouldn't mind trading for Drouin, but why in the world do we want to trade the 24 year old 2nd liner who is on pace for a 25/50 season? Secondary scoring has been a problem for a few years now, and we want to send away the one guy who puts up points regularly that doesn't play on the top line?

Weal's kind of forgotten in all of this. I wonder how attractive he is around the league. While he hasn't played much in the NHL, he has had a couple very good seasons in the A, and had a great playoff last year. LA and Philly both obviously fear(ed) he'd be picked up off waivers. HF doesn't rate him terribly highly, so who knows how teams around the league see him. I definitely could see him moved if the Flyers don't have a spot for him on the active roster. Then again, they could just be planning to insert him in the lineup if Read, White, and/or Raffl get moved in the next few days.

9 hours ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

Schenn and a 2nd.

I don't want to move offense for more offense.  We have good defensive prospects.  We know what we have in Ghost.  I think if you offer Morin and a 2nd that should get the deal done, because defense is more valuable than offense in deals.  Tampa might come back with Sanheim, and I would do Sanheim for Drouin straight up.  I would not deal Provorov.  That would mean starting out next season we will have Drouin and Konecky joining Cousins, Laughton, Schenn, and Couts.. Nice young offense core.  Then Provorov and possibly Morin can join Ghost next season.

Not to mention Del Zotto, Giroux, and Voracek aren't very old.

This is exciting and exactly what I was talking about.  I hope it gets done.

Damm it....had a nice write up and then my stupid fingers hid the wrong button. :mad: In a nutshell I am not moving Provorov / Konecy / Sanheim / Ghost for a potential problem child and locker room cancer regardless of his potential talent and where he was drafted overall.  The kid very well may get his head screwed on straight and a change of scenenary might be beneficial, but I don't want the Flyers to be the team for this experiment.  The only players I might give up would be Cousins / Fazleev / Laughton (?) I'm hesitant about this and maybe some picks.  IMO, Tampa will not go for this.

10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Damm it....had a nice write up and then my stupid fingers hid the wrong button. :mad: In a nutshell I am not moving Provorov / Konecy / Sanheim / Ghost for a potential problem child and locker room cancer regardless of his potential talent and where he was drafted overall.  The kid very well may get his head screwed on straight and a change of scenenary might be beneficial, but I don't want the Flyers to be the team for this experiment.  The only players I might give up would be Cousins / Fazleev / Laughton (?) I'm hesitant about this and maybe some picks.  IMO, Tampa will not go for this.

Hey Doc.  

I agree with not getting rid of Provorov/Konecy/Sanheim/Ghost.  

The defense moving forward should look something like this: 

Provorov - Ghost

Del Zotto - Sanheim

Gudas - Medvedev

- Hagg/Alt  

I do however think that Hexy has to make a splash for a LWer before the group as a whole can take the next step (4-8 spot in the playoffs).

And I think Morin has to be a center piece and than any combination of Alt, Hagg, Raffl, Gagner, Weal, Laughton, Read should be on the table. 

However, I'm not sure how other GM's view Morin. 

Trading for someone like Druin (if not Druin himself) solidifies the first two lines with young(ish) solid players that can grow together.

Druin - Grioux - Jake

Schenn - Couturier - Simmonds

Konecy - Cousins  - Leier

?     -    ?    -    ?  

Then you fill in the the remaining line with whatever you have left which will leave some holes for some kids coming up.

Over the last few years the flyers have taken on some of those 'problem' players and have done pretty well with getting them going again.

If all works as I describe above, next years team will be young and will have growing pains but they will be the foundation for what could be a great team for many years to come.

3 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Hey Doc.

I agree with not getting rid of Provorov/Konecy/Sanheim/Ghost.

The defense moving forward should look something like this:

Provorov - Ghost

Del Zotto - Sanheim

Gudas - Medvedev

- Hagg/Alt

I do however think that Hexy has to make a splash for a LWer before the group as a whole can take the next step (4-8 spot in the playoffs).

And I think Morin has to be a center piece and than any combination of Alt, Hagg, Raffl, Gagner, Weal, Laughton, Read should be on the table.

Trading for someone like Druin (if not Druin himself) solidifies the first two lines with young(ish) solid players that can grow together.

Druin - Grioux - Jake

Schenn - Couturier - Simmonds

Konecy - Cousins  - Leier

?     -    ?    -    ?

Then you fill in the the remaining line with whatever you have left which will leave some holes for some kids coming up.

Over the last few years the flyers have taken on some of those 'problem' players and have done pretty well with getting them going again.

If all works as I describe above, next years team will be young and will have growing pains but they will be the foundation for what could be a great team for many years to come.

Tampa only has like 1.5 million in cap space or else I would say they should make a combo deal of Streit and Morin for Drouin.  However, Maybe we can make a deal to take Calahan and they retain half his cap and we keep half Streit but get a first rounder out of the deal.  So they get a player to help in the playoffs, and a player in the future, but gives up a first with Drouin.

Just now, JJMason33 said:

Tampa only has like 1.5 million in cap space or else I would say they should make a combo deal of Streit and Morin for Drouin.  However, Maybe we can make a deal to take Calahan and they retain half his cap and we keep half Streit but get a first rounder out of the deal.  So they get a player to help in the playoffs, and a player in the future, but gives up a first with Drouin.

Flyers can't retain any more salary this season. They already have three such deals on the books (Grossmann, VLC, LSchenn).

13 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Druin - Grioux - Jake

D-man...good to hear from you.  Hope all is well.

I agree with you to a point, I am just concerned about Drouin's overall character.  I would hate to trade Morin, but as the ole saying goes, you have to give to get.  The Flyers can give from their strength which is defensive prospects if that is what it is gonna take.  My fear is that Hexy will over pay to get Drouin.  ( I guess it goes back to our Homer days). 

5 hours ago, JJMason33 said:

I don't want to move offense for more offense.  We have good defensive prospects.  We know what we have in Ghost.  I think if you offer Morin and a 2nd that should get the deal done, because defense is more valuable than offense in deals.  Tampa might come back with Sanheim, and I would do Sanheim for Drouin straight up.  I would not deal Provorov.  That would mean starting out next season we will have Drouin and Konecky joining Cousins, Laughton, Schenn, and Couts.. Nice young offense core.  Then Provorov and possibly Morin can join Ghost next season.

Not to mention Del Zotto, Giroux, and Voracek aren't very old.

This is exciting and exactly what I was talking about.  I hope it gets done.

Why do we think Drouin will cooperate and be a good boy for Hakstol if he couldn't for Cooper?

I agree in not trading Schenn... That makes little sense to me.  He's come along well the last two years.

I'm uncomfortable trading Morin so soon.  I think the Flyers on 2 years plus from now will greatly benefit from his size.  Imagine if we had a coburn type (in his prime) who was only needed to play like a coburn type instead of like a pronger type?

I think Morin could be at least that good and at that point (with Ghost, and Sanheim and Provo) a great piece to complete the puzzle in the back end.

I don't know much about this year's draft pool.  I don't know what we'd be giving up with a first.  I also don't know how to expect whether or not Drouin will be worth it.  Seems like a real gamble given his actions this season.

39 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Why do we think Drouin will cooperate and be a good boy for Hakstol if he couldn't for Cooper?

I don't know much about this year's draft pool.  I don't know what we'd be giving up with a first.  I also don't know how to expect whether or not Drouin will be worth it.  Seems like a real gamble given his actions this season.

yup totally agree.  hence my comments that I posted earlier.  In his earlier career, it is appearing that Drouin could be a problem child.  I'n not interested in the Flyers taking a gamble with his attitiude or work habits.  As I said, he may grow up and turn out just fine for some team.  I would just rather it not be the Flyers and us giving up good prospects for him.  After all, that really is the only reason Tampa is willing to deal him....he has become a problem child and a potential cancer in the locker room.

If I am going to trade any of our d prospects it would probably be for another d prospect on the same talent/projection level but having a right handed shot. Everyone we have is a left we need another righty bad, real bad. To me Sanheim and Provorov are off limits, I love Morin for his size but if we could trade him and Hagg for equal D prospects but are right handed id do it.

Mikkel Boedker, Coyotes (LW): Boedker is on pace for 54 points and that’s why he’s No. 2 on TSN’s list (No. 1 now that Andrew Ladd has been moved), but he’s actually the least efficient scorer on the block on a per minute basis. The big minutes as Arizona’s top dog means more icetime to get points which inflates his raw totals. Among all forwards, Boedker is second in PP TOI behind only Alex Ovechkin, but ranks 105th in points-per-60 with the man advantage. He’s simply not very effective with all the icetime he gets. Not to mention one of the league’s worst defensive teams gives up almost seven more shot attempts per 60 minutes with Boedker on the ice.
Verdict: A third line scorer masquerading as a first liner who can’t play defense just isn’t worth the price

I don't remember without  going back through the thread who was high on Boedker, but I just read this and thought it might have some merit.

I had a long reply written that I lost, so here's the gist:

I'm not opposed to acquiring Drouin (as I've said above), but the Flyers should not pay a premium for a guy who was demoted and then suspended by his club. Yzerman may want the moon, but if he gets it it should not be from the Flyers. I'd consider taking back some salary from them, but I wouldn't give up a top tier prospect or anything more than a single second round pick in a package. Yzerman seems willing to hold onto Drouin until he gets what he wants, but at this point, I don't know that he will get it.

3 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Edit: That didn't work.

Anthony Mingioni ‎@AnthonyMingioni

#Panthers with interest in #Flyers Michael Raffl as a deadline rental per @hfialkov.

Not sure what the Flyers could get for him.  Really nobody on the current Panther squad I would want except Ekblad and Barkov and neither of them are coming to the Flyers.  The Panthers have 1 or 2 d-men in the system but none are a right hand shot.  There is Lawson Crouse who is currently in juniors right now.  I know some on here where high on him last year around draft time. Honestly if Hexy pulls the trigger maybe a 2nd round pick?  I don't think Raffle will get you a 1st round pick.  Just my 2 cents.

10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Not sure what the Flyers could get for him.  Really nobody on the current Panther squad I would want except Ekblad and Barkov and neither of them are coming to the Flyers.  The Panthers have 1 or 2 d-men in the system but none are a right hand shot.  There is Lawson Crouse who is currently in juniors right now.  I know some on here where high on him last year around draft time. Honestly if Hexy pulls the trigger maybe a 2nd round pick?  I don't think Raffle will get you a 1st round pick.  Just my 2 cents.

I think you're looking at a 2nd or more likely a 3rd if you move Raffl. You're definitely not getting Crouse. I think there's a good chance the pick is in a future draft, too.

Meltzer reports scouts from Boston, Carolina, Chicago, Columbus, Nashville, NYI, and San Jose at this afternoon's game. Strange to see Columbus at the game, since neither team is likely to be a buyer.

29 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I think you're looking at a 2nd or more likely a 3rd if you move Raffl. You're definitely not getting Crouse. I think there's a good chance the pick is in a future draft, too.

I was just throwing Crouse out there....yeah you are not getting Crouse.  I think a 2nd or 3rd is reasonable though.

I have to think Hextall is in full sell mode and not willing to take on much of any salary.   *If* trades were to happen I am hoping he is looking at just brining picks back our way.   

I want no parts of Drouin who has yet to prove anything in this league.   If he has proven anything thus far it is to be an entitled brat.   Earn your ice time instead of pitching a fit...   No thx.

Gimme picks and dump salary...

5 hours ago, pilldoc said:

According to The Score here in Canada, Tallon is talking Brandon Pirri as part of a return for Raffl. If that's the case, sayanora Raffl.

Archived