Game #46 - Bruins at Flyers - Jan 25 2016 - 7:00 ET

brelic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I know this won't be popular but this team is defensively challenged without Couts.  The kid is missed and he is a very good player...

Gost was really good tonight too...  

Simmer is  a beast

Well i guess you can run the losing streak up to 4 with the Caps next...they are playing lights out good. 4 game losing streak will be something they can stew on for awhile...

...i'm also trying to jinx the Caps too....hope it works.

Add Couturier and subtract Umberger. Pretty easy to say that will improve the Flyers overall performance. I was only able to listen to the game but Weal did not sound out of place. Too many people are selling short just how detrimental Umberger and Schultz are to this team.......

I think we will be looking back at this as a "defining" loss.  This was much more a lack of skill than lack of will.  Our D couldn't keep pace with their forwards and gave up two bang-bang PP.  The third score was sort of a fluke.  

We have no credible scoring from the third and fourth lines. They really just suck up air.  In retrospect, signing Bellemare to a two-year seems like a mistake.  VDV isn't much better and White is effectively blowing a chance a sticking with a team as a third or fourth liner. Laughton's potential is hard to judge--he has little to work with.

Weal has speed.  I hope he gets some more playing time.  

Howie

20 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Add Couturier and subtract Umberger. Pretty easy to say that will improve the Flyers overall performance. I was only able to listen to the game but Weal did not sound out of place. Too many people are selling short just how detrimental Umberger and Schultz are to this team.......

Not i...

....loathe every second i see those two out there...how the eff they can single Medvedev, the new to the north American style of playing guy out as a liability in his own zone and yet keep.letting the clowns known as Schultz and Streit still play is beyond me.

And WTF is wrong with Streit is he now all of a sudden scared to shoot the damn puck from the point?

To hold MDV accoutable and let the aforementioned still play is mind boggling and reminds me of last year when Chief would scratch MDZ and continue to play the pylon we remember fondly as Coburn...

#headscratcher

Carchidi, "Does it FEEL disheartening to lose...."

Hakstol, "DISHEARTENING? There's NO TIME to be disheartened...we got to get back to work and go to work!"

Quote of the month.

That there is a COACH!

Oh how vacant the crease is without the Defensive Defensemen we don't have anymore....Luke Schenn is gonna be a great fit in LA, quote unqoute...here's to giving up a piece of the puzzle that fits better than other pieces we have as defensemen. The price of losing Luke was high in packaging him with Lecav. A necessary amputation that left us crippled for now....it's nice though that we can grow back a defensive limb, it'll just have to take a while for now.

2 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Hakstol, "DISHEARTENING? There's NO TIME to be disheartened...we got to get back to work and go to work!"

Quote of the month.

That there is a COACH!

Oh how vacant the crease is without the Defensive Defensemen we don't have anymore....Luke Schenn is gonna be a great fit in LA, quote unqoute...here's to giving up a piece of the puzzle that fits better than other pieces we have as defensemen. The price of losing Luke was high in packaging him with Lecav. A necessary amputation that left us crippled for now....it's nice though that we can grow back a defensive limb, it'll just have to take a while for now.

Well they have a yound well rounded Dman on the Phantoms who has size is physical and is a right hand shot who skates well and is 24 but for whatever reason he can't get a sniff.

I'm sure he may need to work on some things still but as sad as half this blueline is why the kid can't get a look is beyond me. 117 NCAA games and 167 AHL games and he has gotten a grand total of 1 NHL.

I guess that is a way to send a positive message to the kids.

He may be a career AHLer for all we know but not to give him a crack is a travesty.

4 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Quote of the month.

That there is a COACH!

Well then coach, the first thing you can do to "get back to work and go to work" is f***in scratch #20!  I'm sure he, "did all of the little things right" during his 7:39 seconds last night but wouldn't it be nice to actually have the use of 12 forwards in a game? Bumberger immediately makes his two line mates worse as soon as his name is written next to theirs on the white board in the dressing room.

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And WTF is wrong with Streit is he now all of a sudden scared to shoot the damn puck from the point?

if there isn't a shooting lane...why shoot.  the tv angle doesn't let you see what he sees....if there's not a lan,e or no one around for a rebound, shooting and getting the shot blocked can lead to an odd man the other way,  plus he knows he's not invincible like Ghost, who hasn't learned he isn't.... and may never find out.

I actually thought RJ was about as good as he's going to be last night.  Sad thing is that his top level isn't very good anymore.  I wonder if he knows it ? 

the team misses Couturier badly.  @murraycraven without him in the lineup we are a one line team, and worse defensively.  I wonder if Weal will calm down ?

he sorta kinda made plays while I was watching but he didn't appear to have very good hands, that could have been nerves. he is a huge step down from 14 on the 2nd PP.  He can skate but so can Zac Rinaldo .

@radoran called it on page one, there's some good players on the roster, there aren't enough though to be a very good team. I think the 15/16 Flyers are a "good bad team" When everyone is healthy and playing to their level, they can rise to "bad good team"... but they are currently not to that level.

Archived