NHL 1st Round: Central (#2) St. Louis Blues vs Central (#3) Chicago Blackhawks

pilldoc

NHL 1st Round: Central (#2) St. Louis Blues vs Central (#3) Chicago Blackhawks  

15 members have voted

1. 1. NHL 1st Round: Central (#2) St. Louis Blues vs Central (#3) Chicago Blackhawks

• Blues in 4 (sweep)
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7
    • Blackhawks in 4 (Sweep)
    • Blackhawks in 5
    • Blackhawks in 6
    • Blackhawks in 7

All discussion regarding the Blues vs Hawks series to go here.

Should be a great series with many intriging story lines.  Chicago obviously is hurting.  Crawford and Anisimov have been hurt.  Will they be ready for the playoffs.  Keith will be suspended for the 1st game.  The Hawks are the defending SC Champions, but for how much longer?  The Blues had another fantastic season.  With Jaden Scwhartz now back in the line-up, it should help them tremendously.  However, the Blues have their injury woes too.  Backes is out and not sure for how long.  The Blues have a revolving door at goalie.  Both Elliot and Allen have played exceptional this year but both have missed time due to injury.  Revolving goalies historically have never worked out in the playoffs.  Will the Blues finally prove this otherwise?  Will Hitchcock be back if the Blues fail to get out of the 1st round again.

For me.... this is one of the must watch series.

Schedule:

Wed 4/13, 9:30pm: CHI @ STL | NBCSN, SN360, TVA Sports
Fri 4/15, 8pm: CHI @ STL | NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
Sun 4/17, 3pm: STL @ CHI | NBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
Tue 4/19, 9:30pm: STL @ CHI | NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
*Thu 4/21, TBD: CHI @ STL | TBD
*Sat 4/23, TBD: STL @ CHI | TBD
*Mon 4/25, TBD: CHI @ STL | TBD

Love the series, it seems unfair the two must face each other in the first round.

I very reluctantly went Hawks but ONLY if Crawford is back. I think Crawford is an average goalie or at best slightly better than average but with the rest of the pieces in place the Hawks should have enough. If Crawford does not return and they are forced to turn to Scott Darling, a career minor leaguer who is subpar and frankly does not belong at this level, the Blues win.

Of course in desperation the Hawks may turn to Leighton.....

14 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Of course in desperation the Hawks may turn to Leighton.....

you mean this Leighton? :ph34r: (very painful posting this video clip...i still have nightmares!)

May these two teams beat the HOLY $#@!! out of each other!!

That said, still have to go Blackhawks here.

Until St. Louis proves they can actually 'win the big series', I have no faith in them.....plus, they ALWAYS seem to have trouble against really fast teams like what Chicago will bring to the rink.

Hawks in 5.

I have to take the Blues here.  Chicago is banged up and has played a lot of hockey over the last several seasons. Eventually that takes a toll.  

This is the Blues year. For real. This year. No really.

Blues in 7.

I went back and forth several times on this one. I just have a feeling that the Crawford injury and Keith suspension will cost Chicago Game 1 and they won't recover. The Keith suspension really hurts them more, IMHO. They are wounded Hawks but I still think they are dead even enough with the Blues with Captain Serious, Kane and Co. to push this to a Game 7 triple OT before Backes ends it. Plus, it's an even year, so I think my pick is safe.

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I guess themaker03's husband's (Hitchcock, for newbies) job depends on those of us who picked the Hawks being wrong, yeah?

#AmIRight?

Well in the Flyers best interest i hope Hawks lose since Flyers get their 2nd round pick this year in the draft!!! So sweep them for all i care.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well in the Flyers best interest i hope Hawks lose since Flyers get their 2nd round pick this year in the draft!!! So sweep them for all i care.

I suppose I should follow suit.  But #45 to #60 doesn't make enough difference for me to actually cheer for the Blues.  

Plus, and this is an annual thing for me for at least 20 years:  the Blues SUCK in the playoffs until proven otherwise.  If I'm ever told, "Your very life depends upon the Blues getting out of their own way and being successful," I'm going to make sure my affairs are in order.

On the other hand, they really didn't screw with their chemistry at the deadline this year in the way they have previous years, so maybe there's that.   I still wonder about Elliott/Allen, though.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I suppose I should follow suit.  But #45 to #60 doesn't make enough difference for me to actually cheer for the Blues.  

Plus, and this is an annual thing for me for at least 20 years:  the Blues SUCK in the playoffs until proven otherwise.  If I'm ever told, "Your very life depends upon the Blues getting out of their own way and being successful," I'm going to make sure my affairs are in order.

On the other hand, they really didn't screw with their chemistry at the deadline this year in the way they have previous years, so maybe there's that.   I still wonder about Elliott/Allen, though.

Ghost was 78th overall....so if you scout properly it does matter.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ghost was 78th overall....so if you scout properly it does matter.

Clearly not. If they can get a gem at 78, then there is no statistical or theoretical difference between 45 and 60. If you "scout properly" you should do just as well either way, and I'm released to cheer against a loser franchise. 

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Clearly not. If they can get a gem at 78, then there is no statistical or theoretical difference between 45 and 60. If you "scout properly" you should do just as well either way, and I'm released to cheer against a loser franchise. 

Huh?

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Huh?

Not sure where the "huh" is. 

I'm saying there's little difference between 45 and 60 and you make my point (rather than contradict it)  by citing what a good player you can get way down at 78.

A small enough difference that I'll risk it rather than cheer for an organization (like the Blues) that I think is a loser franchise. 

On 4/10/2016 at 8:41 AM, pilldoc said:

you mean this Leighton? :ph34r: (very painful posting this video clip...i still have nightmares!)

Thanks for the memories. That puck is still not in the net.

22 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Not sure where the "huh" is. 

I'm saying there's little difference between 45 and 60 and you make my point (rather than contradict it)  by citing what a good player you can get way down at 78.

A small enough difference that I'll risk it rather than cheer for an organization (like the Blues) that I think is a loser franchise. 

taylor_swift_gif_2_by_smailyalways-d4n18

This play might be irrelevant due to the absolute nonsense icing call with 5 seconds left in the 2nd period, which led to the 1-1 goal by the sabre rattler Keith. Imagine a piece of **** linesman having such an impact on a playoff game. 

Archived