Drake Caggiula

sekkes85

If I believe the Inquirer, we find out this weekend.  My take is that he'd be a good add if only because of cap hit and possible "savings" of a draft pick for other priority.  

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

If I believe the Inquirer, we find out this weekend.  My take is that he'd be a good add if only because of cap hit and possible "savings" of a draft pick for other priority.  

I have to agree with Bill so no one is scaling a bridge and jumping if he doesn't sign in Philly.

If he was to sign and made the team instead of the Phantoms he would be a more than likely bottom 6 guy.

I know i have lobbied for him for awhile he will not make or break the franchise. Sure it would be nice to have him then maybe they could ship Read off but he'd have to earn his spot like everyone else.

36 minutes ago, radoran said:

Bob McKenzie Tweets that Caligula is going to a Canadian team.

Vancouver?? Stecher signed with them already. And they own his linemates rights...Brock Boeser (who is going back to ND next year) couldn't blame him if he wants to be with his school mates.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I have to agree with Bill so no one is scaling a bridge and jumping if he doesn't sign in Philly.

If he was to sign and made the team instead of the Phantoms he would be a more than likely bottom 6 guy.

I know i have lobbied for him for awhile he will not make or break the franchise. Sure it would be nice to have him then maybe they could ship Read off but he'd have to earn his spot like everyone else.

If he signs in Edmonton, he will be a major help to that team.  Put him on a team with nominal skill and talent where few can skate and he's not a huge loss if we don't get him.  Out him in a team with all of the above... Watch them take off and grow together.  

I would love to get this kid.  

18 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Crap, looks like he's going to Edmonton...so says Seravalli.

Flyers could've really used him

Wow going there to rot with all the rest of their forwards...well...strange but his choice...i thought the Canucks would get the edge with two of the guys he won a title with.

Good for him.

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers can always turn their attention to Jimmy Vesey now....he is a bigger LW. They already have his former goaltender Merrick Madsen....:beer:

If they move Streit before August 15, then yeah, I think it will be Vesey they target. The money will be the same no matter where he goes, but he'll more than likely get some sort of top six guarantee that will be too good to refuse re: playing shot gun with Giroux and Simmonds. .

4 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

If they move Streit before August 15, then yeah, I think it will be Vesey they target. The money will be the same no matter where he goes, but he'll more than likely get some sort of top six guarantee that will be too good to refuse re: playing shot gun with Giroux and Simmonds. .

What does moving Streit have to do with signing him though?

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What does moving Streit have to do with signing him though?

Money and roster space. Don't forget that Voracek's big contact kicks in, Couturieur's contract kicks in, and Schenn is due a big raise. Even Raffl has a new deal. The Flyers are going to need cheap contacts to help fill out the roster. Letting Gagner walk and moving Streit helps free up cash and opens roster spaces. My bad. Should have been more clear.

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Money and roster space. Don't forget that Voracek's big contact kicks in, Couturieur's contract kicks in, and Schenn is due a big raise. Even Raffl has a new deal. The Flyers are going to need cheap contacts to help fill out the roster. Letting Gagner walk and moving Streit helps free up cash and opens roster spaces. My bad. Should have been more clear.

Don't forget they more than likely will buy RJ out and save about 3 million. I would expect some Phantoms to get a long look like Leier for example. But those guys are cheap options.

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Moving Streit isn't necessary to free up cap space. We have more cap space than people say, especially if we buy-out Umberger

Besides, it's very doubtful that anyone takes Streit now. We will have to wait until the deadline to move him 

21 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I thought it was funny Jimmy had this on his twitter page...

Archived