Sid concussed ... again

BluPuk

6 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

The truth is that even they may not know exactly which play/event (or eventS) set this back off. It may very well have been a less-than-remarkable collision or force that set it up such that future exertion brought on the symptoms. Head injury--as much as we have learned about it so far--is still a relatively new area and will take decades to understand comprehensively enough to make appropriate recommendations.

This. 

36 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

Wow...maybe it just looks worse because it's a GIF....

That looks bad!!!!!!!!!

It does look bad.

And it also doesn't happen if Malkin doesn't (A) chop the goalie and (B) throw himself into Williams. 

Protect your goalie...hockey 101.

7 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

It does look bad.

And it also doesn't happen if Malkin doesn't (A) chop the goalie and (B) throw himself into Williams. 

According to some...Williams body slammed Malkin, by the neck, etc.(after he was 'digging for the puck')..deserved to be suspended and all that (hf boards).  I think it's so funny how people can see completely different things from the same video.

and I agree..Protect your goalie. Malkin reaps what he sows.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

It does look bad.

That is what i meant the chopping the wood swing damn trying to break a guy's wrist!!

11 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Waddaya mean? Malkin comes in with a lumberjack chop at the goalie...Williams takes offence to it and throws him down. 

10 hours ago, fan4ever said:

According to some...Williams body slammed Malkin, by the neck, etc.(after he was 'digging for the puck')..deserved to be suspended and all that (hf boards).  I think it's so funny how people can see completely different things from the same video.

and I agree..Protect your goalie. Malkin reaps what he sows.

Seriously? Sure, Malkin chopped the goalie. But that absolutely does not justify what Williams did. that was reckless, Malkin's head almost came in contact with the boards.

9 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

Seriously? Sure, Malkin chopped the goalie. But that absolutely does not justify what Williams did. that was reckless, Malkin's head almost came in contact with the boards.

And  he got a roughing call for it.  

21 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Waddaya mean? Malkin comes in with a lumberjack chop at the goalie...Williams takes offence to it and throws him down. 

In fairness to Malkin the puck was lying there half uncovered and it wouldn't be the first goal scored whacking it under like that.  Holtby really didn't have it frozen yet. 

51 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

In fairness to Malkin the puck was lying there half uncovered and it wouldn't be the first goal scored whacking it under like that.  Holtby really didn't have it frozen yet. 

In fairness to goalies everywhere, trying to jam a puck in is one thing... a two handed lumberjack chop is hardly the way to score. 

The result of this is sad to me.

Sid was starting to grow into what the league was trying to jam down our throats 9 years ago.

I hope he's able to come back and be great, but that's secondary to I hope he can enjoy his life after hockey which god willing will be long and peaceful.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:45 AM, OccamsRazor said:

So WTF was this about?? Sorry i had to ask.......

why.gif

I see Williams just trying to give Malkin a hug, and the Pen player jumps on top of Williams to tell him that's not allowed. Then the Caps players try to calm him down by giving him a hug too.

Penguins. Always answering kindness with violence.

On October 15, 2016 at 6:32 AM, flyercanuck said:

In fairness to goalies everywhere, trying to jam a puck in is one thing... a two handed lumberjack chop is hardly the way to score. 

Theyre taught from birth to ACJ at the loose puck.  Seen a lot worse than that.  Not saying Williams did it wrong, but don't think it should've been a slashing call either as the puck was loose there. *shrugs* 

Archived