Flyers vs Leafs....let the war commence...

jammer2

.This game probably means more to Ontario natives like myself and fc than the rest of the fan base. Some very interesting story lines here. First game against the Flyers for Matthews, Marner, Nylander and co....first game against the Leafs for Konecny and Provs. This rivalry has become very tame the past few years, but I'm hoping the recent Leafs 7-0 loss to the Kings makes this a fast paced violent affair.

The good news, we played Montreal right after their Columbus meltdown....we lost, but we put up 4 goals on Mr.Price. that will not happen many times this year this year, you might be able to count them on one hand....and Mr.Annnnndersssson is NO Price.

I expect a high scoring affair, Flyers 6 Leafs 4  Voracek with his first career 4 goal game and Marner pacing the leafs with 2 goals.

Leafs' rookie Auston Matthews sets an all-time NHL record by scoring 12 goals in the first period then announces his retirement. "Goin' out on top". Leafs lose 20 - 12 and every member of the Flyers get a goal.

Seriously, you guys should grind us up and spit us out......:5722cdef07055_notfair:

56 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Flyers win 10-8 after the Leafs miss a last minute field goal. New Sniper Chris Vandehakstol with a hatty. 

Well Vandehakstol will have to do it from the pressbox since he is scratched. But you wouldn't know that becuase Jammer didn't post a lineup.

C'mon Jammer get with the program, unless this isn't intended to be the game thread!

REPORTED!!!!

:beer:

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well Vandehakstol will have to do it from the pressbox since he is scratched. But you wouldn't know that becuase Jammer didn't post a lineup.

C'mon Jammer get with the program, unless this isn't intended to be the game thread!

REPORTED!!!!

WWWWHAT? I thought Vandevelde had a no scratch clause.

Love leaf/flyers games.  As a former ON resident I've always liked the leafs.  I wore 17 when I played forward after Wendel of course.  HOWEVER when the flyers are playing the leafs I can't stand the blue and white. 

Now with the Leafs renaissance it should be a entertaining game.  Frankly they should just play 6 skaters the whole game and try to break as many single game NHL records they can.  Goalies need not apply.

On a side note ... Fk Center Ice...this is like the 5th Flyers' game in a row with only the away feed. I don't mind the Leafs guys so much but it just irks me that CI has this big pitch about "Listen to your fav team's announcers" and it's b.s. - at least where the Flyers are concerned.

you'd think I'd be used to it by now - 10 years of CI and it's always like this - but this year is even worse so far.

just looked - same story tomorrow night vs the Wild - only the Wild feed. Center Ice sucks. Price goes up every year and the service gets worse.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

REPORTED!!!!

ha...my bad.   here ya go!!

Projected Lineups (subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS

10 Brayden Schenn- 28 Claude Giroux - 17 Wayne Simmonds
11 Travis Konecny - 14 Sean Couturier - 92 Jakub Voracek
12 Michael Raffl - 25 Nick Cousins - 22 Dale Weise
24 Matt Read - 76 P-E Bellemare - 13 Roman Lyubimov

15 Michael Del Zotto - 3 Radko Gudas
23 Brandon Manning - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
9 Ivan Provorov - 32 Mark Streit

35 Steve Mason
[30 Michal Neuvirth]

Scratches: Nick Schultz (healthy), Chris VandeVelde (healthy), Andrew MacDonald (lower body), Boyd Gordon (LTIR, upper body).

MAPLE LEAFS

11 Zach Hyman - 34 Auston Matthews - 29 William Nylander
25 James van Riemsdyk - 42 Tyler Bozak - 16 Mitch Marner
47 Leo Komarov - 43 Nazem Kadri - 12 Connor Brown
15 Matt Martin - 18 Ben Smith - 26 Nikita Soshnikov

44 Morgan Rielly - 22 Nikita Zaitsev
52 Martin Marincin - 8 Connor Carrick
51 Jake Gardiner - 46 Roman Polak

31 Frederik Andersen
[35 Jhonas Enroth]

Scratches: Peter Holland (healthy), Seth Griffith (healthy), Frank Corrado (healthy), Matt Hunwick (IR, lower body), Joffrey Lupul (LTIR).

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

REPORTED!!!!

I see Vandehakstol is playing. Thanks for nothing @OccamsRazor LOL

Archived