Flyers Trade Deadline Thread

brelic

8 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I dont get it AJ....   I really don't get these deals...

I like both signings but the contracts suck.

Neuvy would be a great backup if they are thinking about getting a true #1 in the offseason.

Are they going to resign Mason also to expose one of them?

Stolarz I doubt is ready so idk.

Like I said I like the signings but bad numbers.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure who else are going to expose?

Surely not Stolie got to pay to play...

that still does not solve anything...

so you can expose the statistically worst goalie in the league while giving him a raise of nearly 1M.   Oh, and the guy can;'t stay healthy.  If the deal was to sign him and expose him that is fine...  if he wanted that money walk away and sign someone else.  Just plain stupid....

Just like giving a 4th liner a 100% increase...     

6 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Post of the day!!!   LOL!!!!

The pics are funny but I think they are reversed.

I think Hexy would be kicking the money and holding the tire to be honest.

14 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

Has the flu from what I have been reading. 

don't get @icehole 's hopes up :haha:

Well, if he has to miss games because of the flu, there goes his shot at finally reaching 40 points.  Ahhhh man...he was so close too!

12 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

that still does not solve anything...

so you can expose the statistically worst goalie in the league while giving him a raise of nearly 1M.   Oh, and the guy can;'t stay healthy.  If the deal was to sign him and expose him that is fine...  if he wanted that money walk away and sign someone else.  Just plain stupid....

Just like giving a 4th liner a 100% increase...     

It's Trump's fault!!!

:haha:

i don't like either one of these signings. this isn't something that could be handled in the off-season? were people knocking down doors for a 4th liner and a terrible goalie with the lowest S% in the league? most of our players seem to have very little trade value right now. are these signings just exercises in trying to make it look like they do?

is there a masterplan involved here, and if so, are they sure anyone on the team who has any brains knows anything about it?

Ok seriously yeah that is a bit of a head scratcher on both deals not sure why completely they have to overpay on them. Neuvy i understand a little.

PEB doubling his pay is crazy.

But i guess after seeing the Weise deal i think Hexy is better at drafting than negotiating contracts.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ok seriously yeah that is a bit of a head scratcher on both deals not sure why completely they have to overpay on them. Neuvy i understand a little.

PEB doubling his pay is crazy.

But i guess after seeing the Weise deal i think Hexy is better at drafting than negotiating contracts.

Hey look at it this way. It wasn't Vandevelde. 

27 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

Ron Hextall's approach to trade deadline:

Image result for tire kicker

Ron Hextall's approach to signing an under performers contract extension:

Related image

LOL....made my day....love it!!!!

8 minutes ago, off_the_post said:

Between 22, 30 and 78 there is at least $2M per year of wasted cap room space next year. 

Maybe the Flyers should hire a "capologist". Just sayin'.

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

He can do math.  He's not like Homer who probably took a few too many shots to the head.  

They can't make the playoffs without a miracle or a big superstar acquisition.

He knows this.  He's not happy, he'd like to keep his corporate masters happy.  But he's not delusional.  Everything he's done so far has been in the name of realistically jettisoning the old, expensive and useless to make way for the new and useful.  

Apparently not on the math. He just doubled the 4th line centres pay for 2 more years. Really sending a message to the Mediocres. Meanwhile, Tampa, Vancouver and Detroit start to rebuild. 

5 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Bye-bye Mason? Oh, please, make it so, Hextall.

It's not impossible.  

I think it's far more likely Mason just wants a longer term deal and can probably get it somewhere (I still think Dallas is a good fit for him) and that he's just not part of the plan here over the next few years.  

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

maybe he just needs a new calculator.   It appears every time he he hits "equals" it adds a million.

They're getting better. Holmgren used to use an abacus.

Archived