Therrien (GONE)

blocker

I watched the Montreal-Oiler game the other day.  From the outset, Instead of taking the initiative, Therrien's moves were obviously made by reactions to Connor McDavid's shifts on the ice.  Even in OT,  Therrien's choice of players in the 3 on 3, depended upon McDavid.  McDavid dictated Montreal's lineup, even when he wasn't on the ice.

Canadiens still have a good record, but they're in trouble.  And, I think Therrien is the main reason.  Defense should be a focus, not an obsession.  His benchings of Subban, the jerking around of youngsters like Galchenyuk, and the uncertain line pairings are indications of his ineptitude.  

Stellar goaltenders hide the shortcomings of coaches.  Therrien should give Price part of his paycheck.

It looks like Bergevin might doing some groundwork for coaching return of Julien .  He met with Pacioretty, Price and Weber on Wednesday without Therrien present and later met with Therrien, without the players according to reports.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:57 AM, hf101 said:

It looks like Bergevin might doing some groundwork for coaching return of Julien .  He met with Pacioretty, Price and Weber on Wednesday without Therrien present and later met with Therrien, without the players according to reports.

Heh, I guess these reports were correct.  Therrien out  Julien in as head coach.

• hf101 changed the title to Therrien (GONE)
2 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Heh, I guess these reports were correct.  Therrien out  Julien in as head coach.

I'm not a fan of Julien, but that's an upgrade.  I cannot stand Therrien and think he's simply a horrible coach.  Let's see what Julien can do.

(Now I'm kind of glad that 3 different people have turned me down on a trade involving Price)

ABOUT TIME.

Jesus. Julien was complaining on the bruins that he did not have enough skill players, and now he will get skill players and use them more effectively than Therrien, who demanded they all play like grinders.

"WE ARE A GRINDING TEAM! ACCEPT IT!!"

GREAT move for the Habs. This could get interesting.

To me, the perfect playoff matchup has always involved original six clubs, now, can you imagine the Bruins V Montreal? Every whistle the camera will pan to Julien. No pressure Claude, lol.

Like a lot of folk I am not a huge fan but Therrien is not a good coach, his Franco-ness kept him employed until someone better came along. Maybe if Quebec gets an expansion team or the Isles become the Nordiques he will get another shot......

I think Price either just didn't like Therrien or lost confidence in him, either way, I think Carey had a great deal to do with this move. Julien a former Spits great has a good shot at taking the Habs deep into the playoffs.

"  I think Carey had a great deal to do with this move.  "

I hadn't thought about that.  It'll be interesting to see how Price reacts.

I'd love to know what was said at Bergevin's meeting with his core players.  Not to mention what was said between Bergevin and Geoff Molson.

14 hours ago, hf101 said:

Just like the use of the Nitro button in the movie Fast and the Furious, the "FIRE COACH" boost has to be used at just the right time during a season for maximum effect. ;)

2 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Just like the use of the Nitro button in the movie Fast and the Furious, the "FIRE COACH" boost has to be used at just the right time during a season for maximum effect. ;)

Ah, the Lamoriello strategy.

On 2/14/2017 at 6:21 PM, yave1964 said:

GREAT move for the Habs. This could get interesting.

To me, the perfect playoff matchup has always involved original six clubs, now, can you imagine the Bruins V Montreal? Every whistle the camera will pan to Julien. No pressure Claude, lol.

Like a lot of folk I am not a huge fan but Therrien is not a good coach, his Franco-ness kept him employed until someone better came along. Maybe if Quebec gets an expansion team or the Isles become the Nordiques he will get another shot......

Boston  beats Montreal in 4 games! Lol

Archived