Starting Goalie

jkgrossman

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

LOL.  Well, this thread is 500 posts behind the Schenn thread, so I figure we have some work to do here.

If the Flyers traded Giroux for Price .... I guarantee you this thread would overtake the other thread in such EPIC proportion not seen since the day both Carter and Richards were traded on the same day ...!

If that trade goes down ....I predict a nuclear meltdown. :)

EDIT..... see bolded part..

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

If the Flyers traded Giroux for Price .... I guarantee you this thread would overtake the other one!

LOL  So, put you down as a "no?"

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

LOL  So, put you down for a "no?"

You have to see my edited post.... LOL ....

I don't know Rux... I'm gonna have to go to Applebees and order some Halibut while I mull this over.

As ridiculous as it sounds ...it actually could have some merit to it....

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

If the Flyers traded Giroux for Price .... I guarantee you this thread would overtake the other thread in such EPIC proportion not seen since the day both Carter and Richards were traded on the same day ...!

EDIT..... see bolded part..

Rux, G's play is and has declined for a while. I have no problem with them giving him up in the right deal. This franchise hasn't a really good starting goalie in forever. Mason was way too inconsistent. Plus, Price never played behind a great defense other than having Subban and now Weber in front of him, and he still put up a 2.23 GAA and a .923 save % last season.  

As far as Richards goes, I still say if he would have kept his nose clean and not been a little more responsible partying in Margate and Sea Isle, maybe he'd have stayed. My meltdown did not come when they traded Carter and Richards, it came when they traded for Ilya "Sputnik" Bryzgalov and signed him to a stupid, ludicrous long term deal with so much salary.

Thoughts Late in the Thread:

1) We get some unknown goalie from a European agent and don't spend a bundle on whomever.  

2) Giroux's departure would not bring many tears to folks' eyes.  

3) Of the free agents out there "locally," Kincaid makes the most sense. 

On 6/28/2017 at 5:50 PM, RJ8812 said:

Miller apparently wants to stay out west because of his D-List-celebrity-wife-actor-whatever

Sickens me.  Miller is being stupid.  He needs to come home. But I am pretty sure its never happening

20 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Sickens me.  Miller is being stupid.  He needs to come home. But I am pretty sure its never happening

Say it ain't so. Don't give up faith now HJ. MILLER ?

Just keep posting, Just keep posting, Just keep posting.......

Just now, Samifan said:

Say it ain't so. Don't give up faith now HJ. MILLER ?

Just keep posting, Just keep posting, Just keep posting.......

If you post it ....he will come.....

If you post it ....he will come .....

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

If you post it ....he will come.....

If you post it ....he will come .....

If he continues to post it (and visiting his home disguised as the UPS man)....there will be a restraining order.....

If he continues to post it (and visiting his home disguised as the UPS man....there will be a restraining order.....

:ph34r: :bigteeth:

12 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Per Friedman, Miller expected to sign in Anaheim for $1 million per year.

Looks like Miller finally gets to Cali to be with his wife full time 

IMG_1150.JPG

9 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Per Friedman, Miller expected to sign in Anaheim for $1 million per year.

Whoa. Well there you have it: the market for FA goalies is set. So the Flyers are going to give $2.75M for Elliott? I'd rather have Miller at $1M. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Whoa. Well there you have it: the market for FA goalies is set. So the Flyers are going to give $2.75M for Elliott? I'd rather have Miller at $1M. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Yeah well, then we will have to move Philadelphia out West 

6 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Eh, Miller limited his own market. Proximity to LA, chance for a Cup, yadda yadda...

On 6/28/2017 at 9:25 PM, ruxpin said:

LOL!

I saw Flyers-Canadians on a rumor site involving Giroux.  They didn't specify what would be going the other way.  In fact, the only point to the rumor was that the Canadiens had talked to Hextall briefly about whether Giroux was available.  (The answer was apparently that he has a no move clause but they'd listen).

So I got to thinking: what do the Habs have that I'd even be willing to have a conversation?   The only one who came close was Price.  But I think the Habs would be stupid to do that, honestly.   And with our draft we may have finally become 2-deep at center.  I'm not sure I'd be thrilled to undo that.  But there's nothing else on the Habs that even starts the conversation.  Just on a "what if" level, can you think of anyone else that would be your shopping list IF you were inclined to move Giroux there?   2 firsts and a 4th liner?

Maybe we should wait for Miller.  He's better than Price, anyway.

If I'm the Habs, I start out asking for Patrick and Provorov for Price.

56 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

If I'm the Habs, I start out asking for Patrick and Provorov for Price.

Makes sense.  But if that's the asking price, then Carey ain't coming to Philly.

Then again, the Habs just traded Sergachev and a 2nd for fricken Drouin.   It's possible they don't know what they're doing.

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Miller going to the Ducks, meanwhile at an Applebee's in WNY

IMG_1151.JPG

On top of that, they burned the halibut. Tough night on the "shores" of Lake Erie.

13 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Now there is a guy with some damn sense.  Miller is way better than Elliot  So how reliable is this info on him going to Anaheim?  I hope its not true but one year?   Not a big contract.  And he is OK sitting on the bench?  Not the Miller I remember

Archived