He's really gone!

Samifan

Wow, you guys are harsh.  This is a dude that knew he was living his dream. Manning was game, he would fight anyone, he would do whatever was asked of him. It is not his fault his coach mis/over used him. 

He worked his ass off and made it impossible to keep him out of the  lineup. 

I don't mind the fact he liked playing for my team and thanked the fans on his way out the door.  We should all be so lucky and driven.

Edit: this sort of snarkily  indifferent reaction should be saved for  Dale Weisse 

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

made it impossible to keep him out of the  lineup. 

Oh come on. He was in the lineup because the coach is an imbecile. 

I get that he worked hard and it's nice a kid got to play and all that and the tweet is sweet. Sounds like he's actually rueful about leaving. 

But don't ruin the sentiment by suggesting he was in the lineup because he deserved to be. If he wasn't in the press box, he was over/mis-used. 

32 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Oh come on. He was in the lineup because the coach is an imbecile. 

I get that he worked hard and it's nice a kid got to play and all that and the tweet is sweet. Sounds like he's actually rueful about leaving. 

But don't ruin the sentiment by suggesting he was in the lineup because he deserved to be. If he wasn't in the press box, he was over/mis-used. 

Okay, I can allow perhaps I exaggerated Manning's contribution. I can even concede his coach's imbecilic utilization of him. However, I'm not going to join in on the shade party because Manning did his job.  He didnt steal from the company ala Dale Weisse. If you could put Manning's drive in JvR ...that would be a helluva hockey player. 

44 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Okay, I can allow perhaps I exaggerated Manning's contribution. I can even concede his coach's imbecilic utilization of him. However, I'm not going to join in on the shade party because Manning did his job.  He didnt steal from the company ala Dale Weisse. If you could put Manning's drive in JvR ...that would be a helluva hockey player. 

Yeah, I can't disagree with any of that (and I really really wanted to). 

Very well said. 

Manning is the opposite of JVR: lots of heart and determination, but not any skill.  I appreciated the effort, but not sad that he’s gone.  Think he liked it here and wanted to stay.  Admire his dedication and loyalty.  I think he will be back some day with the org.  

6 hours ago, Samifan said:

now we just need farewell tweets from Filpulla, Lehtera and Weise

Wow 2.25 mill per is crazy...Hawks must have terrible scouts too...

Never had a problem with him as the 6th/7th dman but he was overused and put in situations he had no right being in.  That being said I wish him luck.  Can't believe he got paid that much for 2 years.

And it's not just Manning either. Filppula goes to Long Island. Boy oh boy, Hak's head probably exploded a few times this weekend when thinking of line combos and defense pairings and realizing two of his favorites aren't around....lol

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

And it's not just Manning either. Filppula goes to Long Island. Boy oh boy, Hak's head probably exploded a few times this weekend when thinking of line combos and defense pairings and realizing two of his favorites aren't around....lol

This morning when he was praying over his TurboFiber Flakes and grapefruit juice, Hakstol was thanking God he still has Lehtera. 

On 7/1/2018 at 1:29 PM, FD19372 said:

E I E I Noooo (at least not yet).

I'm very happy MacDonald is still here right now.

Gudas, I could say goodbye to at any point, but right now I think Mac is actually (finally) kind of important to this team.  

19 hours ago, sekkes85 said:

Never had a problem with him as the 6th/7th dman but he was overused and put in situations he had no right being in.  That being said I wish him luck.  Can't believe he got paid that much for 2 years.

He's not an awful D man.   He's just not good enough for what we need and he was blocking playing minutes for guys who are arguably better than him now and certainly look to be much better than him soon.  

That Nashville wanted him is telling.  Apparently Quenville really lobbied for him too which helped put Chicago over the top.  Frankly, I can't really see choosing Chicago over the Preds, but hey.  I'm not Man Dog.

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow 2.25 mill per is crazy...Hawks must have terrible scouts too...

I don't know... they really went after him apparently.  The GM and the coach both made personal calls to coax him.

3 hours ago, King Knut said:

I don't know... they really went after him apparently.  The GM and the coach both made personal calls to coax him.

Well i wish him luck. I don't hate him  he played as well as he could but it just wasn't good enough. Maybe if the Hawks keep his minutes low maybe he can play better. I think he is a 6th or 7th depth type of defenseman.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well i wish him luck. I don't hate him  he played as well as he could but it just wasn't good enough. Maybe if the Hawks keep his minutes low maybe he can play better. I think he is a 6th or 7th depth type of defenseman.

Totally agreed. Just trying to wrap my brain around their choices and his. 

7 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Totally agreed. Just trying to wrap my brain around their choices and his. 

Seems like the Blackhawks are just trying to patch together a team.

Archived