Who is the veteran defenseman that the Flyers will trade for?

RonJeremy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

there were Couturier wars ?

Yes, yes there were. On the one side were the "haters" who pointed to the discrepancy between his #8 overall pick status and his lack of goal production. On the other side were the "lovers (of Junior hockey)" who pointed to the fact that hockey players come from somewhere and that somewhere is Junior hockey.

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

First of all, Philly didn't trade Carter to the Kings. We traded him to Columbus for what amounted to Sean Couturier and Jake Voracek and a 3rd. I'll do that trade over all day long. 

Philly DID trade Mike Richards to LA...for Wayne Simmonds (who's been great for us and may be dealt )  and 6 years of Brayden Schenn (who was then dealt for the 1st round picks that got us Morgan Frost and Joel Farabee ) and a 2nd. I'd do that one all over again as well.

Try using the internet...it can make you look like you know what you're talking about. Works for me...sometimes.

OK I remembered it wrong. The Kings still cashed in big with them.  As for the topic here, I agree with ESPN that the Flyers should try to land Pietrangelo.  But I do not know why St Louis would want to deal him.  To me he is a fabulous defenseman and can score with the best of them

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Yes, yes there were. On the one side were the "haters" who pointed to the discrepancy between his #8 overall pick status and his lack of goal production. On the other side were the "lovers (of Junior hockey)" who pointed to the fact that hockey players come from somewhere and that somewhere is Junior hockey.

I was in the "hater" group, but I'd rather call it the "skeptics." :)

Plus, if we agreed on everything all the time, it would be boring as sh!t! 

At the end of the day we all love the Flyers and want to see them win 5 of the next 10 Cups.

Ok, ok... I'd settle for 1 in the next decade.

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

there were Couturier wars ?

I remember them around here a few years ago. I can't remember who the people were, but there were some folks disappointed with Couturier. Me? Around that very same period, my team had Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Boyd Gordon and miles of mud at centre, so my fantasy was that Flyers management was disappointed with Coots as well, and would be willing to move him to Edmonton, as he was a centre that I really admired and wanted.

I've long thought that he was part of the solution in Philly; not one of the problems.

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Easy for you to say, sitting behind your fancy desk, typing away on your fancy PC with 72' screen! Try running the internet on a PC that runs on halibut fat from the confines of your 1992 Lumina with the wonky transmission tough guy!

Uh...my Commodore 64 runs on coconut oil I'll have you know!

58 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I remember them around here a few years ago. I can't remember who the people were, but there were some folks disappointed with Couturier. Me? Around that very same period, my team had Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Boyd Gordon and miles of mud at centre, so my fantasy was that Flyers management was disappointed with Coots as well, and would be willing to move him to Edmonton, as he was a centre that I really admired and wanted.

I've long thought that he was part of the solution in Philly; not one of the problems.

THE Boyd Gordon ?

He was one of Ron Hextall's FA signings...I think he dressed 10 times in his Flyers career, wow. Small world, good times, the Boyd Gordon eras.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

THE Boyd Gordon ?

He was one of Ron Hextall's FA signings...I think he dressed 10 times in his Flyers career, wow. Small world, good times, the Boyd Gordon eras.

Yeah.

The man. The legend.

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

THE Boyd Gordon ?

IIRC he scored 2 goals the first Flyer game he ever played in.

19 minutes ago, radoran said:

Neat trick, having only scored one goal as a Flyer (13 games).

👺

Ok wrong turd.

I am confusing him someone who did that for the Flyers a few years ago or something like that and ended up being a bum afterwards.

Archived