Minnesota Wild vs. Philadelphia Flyers 1/14/19 @ 6:00PM CST at Wells Fargo Arena

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a disappointing spectacle to watch this season. I’m not sure what’s causing the disjointed play, lack of motivation and total breakdown of their game , but it’s getting hard to even watch a complete game lately. The most frustrating part for me is the failure in all aspects of the game which makes it hard to be hopeful looking forward. 

22 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Where the hell did this goal outburst for the Flyers come from.... we have been waiting for this all freakin year!!!

So that’s where the 3rd touchdown went that the Eagles needed, they donated it to the Flyers after they went up 14-0.  I guess they figured they wouldn’t need it.

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Where the hell did this goal outburst for the Flyers come from.... we have been waiting for this all freakin year!!!

Blame me... I finally went to my first game of the season.  :yeah:

16 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

well Chit. 

No doubt you guys let me down.

Just like the Flyers to finally come to play when nothing is on the line except ruining a draft pick.

Patrick hasn't scored a goal in 24 games and then he goes and scores 2 goals.

Same with Simmer being invisible till tonight...well i guess in his case he is driving up the asking price for his services.

This team can't even tank right. SMFH. 🤬

10 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

So that’s where the 3rd touchdown went that the Eagles needed, they donated it to the Flyers after they went up 14-0.  I guess they figured they wouldn’t need it.

They figured the Flyers would...

Usually, after a debacle like the previous one, it's an emergency call for a team that is desperately chasing points. You push the reset button, tighten the screws and play like a team.

In this case, you make even worse by allowing 7 goals (after a 2-0 lead) to the team with the worst record in the league. The Wild doesn't need a new coach, new players, new owner or whatever. The team needs a shrink right now.

Now the wins in Toronto, Ottawa and Montréal were just useless.

12 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

If I were BB I’d bag skate these fockers until every one of them puked 

At this point I think BB realizes these guys just don't care. They won't skate hard as there is no punishment to them if they don't skate hard. If I were Bruce I would just call it a career and walk off to the sunset knowing I had a great career. No need to absorb all the stress of coaching uncoachable players. Bruce won't though but I do hope he walks away at the end of the season so he doesn't shorten his life due to stress. I like the guy and he deserves so much better then he got here in Minnesota.

Anybody who has been watching the Wild and think they have a actually shot to win a cup with this roster has to been dropped on their head over and over as a child. Just when you think this team couldn't show you any more of a way to not play as a team for themselves and the fans they go out and prove everybody wrong. Good teams have a bad game here and there but not at least one-third of the season. Teams that push deep into the playoffs don't face what the Wild put themselves into.

The Wild haven't felt like a united team in years. They feel like a group of guys wanting to do their own thing and once in a while they all sync up and put out a good game. Put they aren't going to play for pride of themselves or the fans. And they won't stick up for each other but instead watch their teammate get mugged in the face and go up to that guy, grab his sweater, give a little limp noodle arm shake and get back to the bench. I envy some of the bad teams. They act like teammates and stick up for each other. They will go over nail the offender in the face a few times and look at the other guys and tell them the next person who does that to a teammate is going to get their f'ing neck broke. And on the Wild the bigger the player we have on our team the less physical he will be. Something wrong when Granlund is willing to punch at the face of a opponent well Suter and Koivu look for the smallest guy, go behind him and give a little limp noodle arm push and run to the bench.

At this point I would say the Wild with a 8 goal lead are not safe enough to secure a win. A serious team does not do back to back loses to some of the worst teams in NHL. Factor in both games they took a 2-0 lead and still lost. They play the Kings tonight and I can't see anything but a loss coming up. The team is a mess. It's just aging more now and with age things crumble that no longer can be just patched. There isn't one aspect I would say is good right now.

5 minutes ago, EJ0226 said:

Anybody who has been watching the Wild and think they have a actually shot to win a cup with this roster has to been dropped on their head over and over as a child.

That made my day. :D 

13 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I forgot to pick tonight... :(

Didn't miss much since other than 1 person getting 4, The rest mostly 1 pt or 2. Tough night.

This is the time of the season when nothing makes sense. Scores, Who's beating who etc.

Watched the game - yea, this team is definitely hard to figure out. As many others have said - I think it's a whole lot of things - and I'm not exactly sure what a solution would be. The strangest part is that a majority of these guys have played together for a long long time - they all know how the other plays - and there is no way that with Dumba out that it is causing what we see - unless they all lack confidence on the back end to stop anything...

I dunno - but I do know someone is eating their words ("we just need some minor tweaking")

3 minutes ago, Confrontational said:

Watched the game - yea, this team is definitely hard to figure out. As many others have said - I think it's a whole lot of things - and I'm not exactly sure what a solution would be. The strangest part is that a majority of these guys have played together for a long long time - they all know how the other plays - and there is no way that with Dumba out that it is causing what we see - unless they all lack confidence on the back end to stop anything...

I dunno - but I do know someone is eating their words ("we just need some minor tweaking")

It that is the biggest factor in me saying this isn't a good team. The majority of these guys have been for years and years together. They know the plays. They know each others style of play. They know the ins and outs. There is no excuse.

I just watched the postgame locker room interviews and I was impressed with Parise taking personal responsibility for dropping the ball on a couple plays. The rest of them speak so vague about problems and it’s always “we, us, as a team”, etc., so I’m glad to see someone stand up and say “I screwed up”. 

Archived