Simmonds to Tampa?

sekkes85

***CAUTION******CAUTION*** EKLUND ARTICLE ***CAUTION******CAUTION***

"Hearing Tampa and the Flyers are talking a deal that could send Simmonds to the Lightning and return Boris Katchouk, who was at one point a linemate of Flyers prospect Morgan Frost, and possibly a draft pick..."

If that is legit the pick better be a 1st.  Only problem is the Rangers get the Lightning 1st rounder if they win the cup (they don't have a 2nd either), so it would have to be conditional on Tampa NOT winning the cup, otherwise 2020 1st.

Of course based on the source of this Simmonds is probably going to re-sign within an hour.

7 minutes ago, sekkes85 said:

"Hearing Tampa and the Flyers are talking a deal that could send Simmonds to the Lightning and return Boris Katchouk, who was at one point a linemate of Flyers prospect Morgan Frost, and possibly a draft pick..."

If that is legit the pick better be a 1st.  Only problem is the Rangers get the Lightning 1st rounder if they win the cup (they don't have a 2nd either), so it would have to be conditional on Tampa NOT winning the cup, otherwise 2020 1st.

Of course based on the source of this Simmonds is probably going to re-sign within an hour.

Do it I was lobbying for the Russian rocket for awhile now.

Been trying to fleece @TropicalFruitGirl26 out him for a few weeks now.

I swear Eklund must be reading this site.

I would take a first in 2020 then too.

9 minutes ago, sekkes85 said:

I wouldn't mind Katchouk. Don't know much about him, only the stuff I heard alongside Frost.

But he seems like a goal scorer, which we are in need of.

I'd be happy with a 2020 1st rounder too.

6 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Boris what? Also, why is it we have to get the 1st rounder of a team that's going to pick 31st in that round. There has to be a better deal than this somewhere.

Simmer for Stolarz straight up?

You know we're gonna need all the goalies.

:)

19 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Boris what? Also, why is it we have to get the 1st rounder of a team that's going to pick 31st in that round. There has to be a better deal than this somewhere.

Former linemate of Frost's, decent prospect but not a A level.  I think a 1st and B level prospect is fair.  Any team trading for Simmonds is going to be a late 1st.  They aren't going to give up a roster player since they will be in the cup hunt.

10 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I think Fiala from Nasville is the best bet. As others have said, he is fast and has already scored 20 goals and is a shoot first type. I'd rather have him than a prospect. He would immediately replace Simmonde offense.

I agree. I want a good NHL player back like Fiala, not a prospect.

13 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I agree. I want a good NHL player back like Fiala, not a prospect.

Katchouk is a good prospect.

Fiala is just more proven.

But has his issues to Preds (fans) mostly want him gone because they blame him for the 2nd line not being more productive.

He has struggled to score.

So he will fit right in. :hehe:

2 hours ago, sekkes85 said:

I mean, if they win the Cup it's a #31 pick anyway.  I can wait a year. 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Katchouk is a good prospect.

Fiala is just more proven.

But has his issues to Preds (fans) mostly want him gone because they blame him for the 2nd line not being more productive.

He has struggled to score.

So he will fit right in. :hehe:

I'll take Katchouk over Fiala, actually. And the first. 

That works for me. 

Here is the scouting report on Boris .....

https://lastwordonsports.com/2016/05/04/boris-katchouk-scouting-report-2016-nhl-draft-36/

"Boris Katchouk plays a very simple but effective game. He is quick to get in on the forecheck and creates pressure on defenders going back to retrieve the puck. He is physical along the boards, looking to finish his checks on those defencemen. He has the willingness to battle in the corners and get himself in front of the net. Katchouk is strong on the cycle, using his body to effectively shield defenders away from the puck. He has a good wrist shot and decent release. He can also score on tip ins and deflections. Katchouk could use some work on his stickhandling. He is not likely to get around defenders or create space with a number of fancy moves, or to be overly creative in setting up an opponent. He does get assists by retrieving loose pucks and making the smart, simple play to an open teammate.

Katchouk has decent speed, allowing him to play that strong forechecking game. He shows very good acceleration, and the ability to quickly change speeds, allowing him to get by defenders with his change of pace. His agility is good as well. Katchouk also has good balance and power in his stride at the junior level, but could stand to improve that area of his game before he heads to the next level.

Boris Katchouk plays a strong defensive game. He brings his tenacity and his grit to his own end of the ice, where he is willing to engage in board battles and fight for loose pucks. He supplies back pressure, and supports the defence down low when necessary. Katchouk is not afraid to get out on his point man and block shots either. His defensive awareness and hockey IQ are well advanced for a 17-year-old.

The biggest question about Katchouk is his ultimate upside. There is some question if he will have the offence to develop into a top six winger, or if he will become a checking forward in the bottom six.  His offensive game did make strides as the OHL season went along, but there is still a ways to go for him. Katchouk is willing to play a strong defensive game, and take on a grinding role, so even if his scoring does not translate at the next level, he could still develop into a third liner.  In terms of syle, Katchouk’s game is reminiscent of Dustin Brown. This is a stylistic comparison only though, and not one based on talent."

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/draft-profile-boris-katchouk/

"Katchouk has the reputation as being one of this draft’s hardest workers, and it doesn’t take long into a game to realize it. His instant energy from shift to shift can be both infectious and momentum-swinging, and it’s rare to see a prospect seemingly enjoy working hard all the time. But make no mistake — this kid is no grinder. Katchouk was tasked with top-six minutes in all situations, and delivered with 24 goals in 63 games and a spot on Team Canada’s U18 squad in April. He has very good speed and a quick wrist shot to tangle the twine upstairs, requiring little backswing to generate velocity. Katchouk has exceptional balance and will maintain control of the puck despite multiple shoves and swipes, using his quick feet and edges to evade danger and create enough room to identify an option or two."

https://www.rawcharge.com/2018/7/31/17621688/tampa-bay-lightning-top-25-under-25-9-boris-katchouk

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

No.

Ok.  So Boris Katchouk is a better prospect than Donato?  I really have no idea.  I know Donato is older, but I recall there being some hype around him.

I have a feeling were going to be disappointed at the return for Simmonds.  Unless they can get two teams bidding against each other. I don't think Simmonds game fits into Tampa's style. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a team like the Islanders take a run at Simmonds.

6 minutes ago, vis said:

Ok.  So Boris Katchouk is a better prospect than Donato?  I really have no idea.  I know Donato is older, but I recall there being some hype around him.

I don't there is a whole lot there.

The big reason why he was moved.

Whoever we get , I hope he is a goal scorer, we have too many guys that disappear for long stretches and other guys who wait until January to start their seasons. We need a guy who is a complete offensive player,  a guy who can score in all situations and who can skate with the puck, go get the puck and shoot. I think Frost can be that guy, but whatever prospect we are offered for Simmonds , I would take the guy with the most all around offensive game. Unless there is a young Simmonds or Tocchet being offered. 

12 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Whoever we get , I hope he is a goal scorer, we have too many guys that disappear for long stretches and other guys who wait until January to start their seasons. We need a guy who is a complete offensive player,  a guy who can score in all situations and who can skate with the puck, go get the puck and shoot. I think Frost can be that guy, but whatever prospect we are offered for Simmonds , I would take the guy with the most all around offensive game. Unless there is a young Simmonds or Tocchet being offered. 

It sure looks like Simmer is trying to sabotage his trade value for sure...only 3 points in the last 9 games.

-6 in just the last two games....if Chuck has a good deal on the table he might won't to pull the trigger as quick as he can because the more Simmonds plays the further his value seems it will fall man he is bad....only noticeable after the whistle in the scrums which just send him to the box...please move this guy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they resign him his contract will haunt them for years being the new albatross around the Flyers neck...

14 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

tampas 1st is essentially a 2nd round pick. Raddysh and Katchouk.

Raddysh and Katchouk would be amazing.

Katchouk - Frost - Raddysh

That could be the 3rd line next year or for 2020 maybe.

They'll never get that lucky.

I would trade Simmonds and Gudas for those two.

Archived