Game 75: Islanders at Flyers; 3/23/19 @ 1

Howie58

The O & B are a mild favorite over the Isles.  Given recent play and our record against them this season, that's expected:

https://sportschatplace.com/picks/nhl/philadelphia-flyers-vs-new-york-islanders-3-23-19-nhl-pick-odds-and-prediction

I have not seen any lineup.  I suspect Carter Hart will be in net.  

The visiting team has won each of the prior two this season. We are 5-5-1 in our past 11 at home:

https://sports.yahoo.com/islanders-look-regain-form-vs-flyers-165726066--nhl.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to this one.

I wonder if we'll see anymore Boychuck /Voracek weirdnesss?

I was hoping for more points from that wash/tor/pgh/mtl group of games so there would be something on the line for this game. 

The Flyers need help, but are still "in the fight", which is remarkable since they were dead last in the league on Jan 12 or whatever.

Our seats are decent, so looking forward to a fun afternoon.

go Flyers

@mojo1917

I'll be making a rare (recently) appearance in the building today myself. Boychuk has been a healthy scratch of late, we'll see on the revenge factor....but good to see some ill will between the Flyboys and the Isles, I miss being able to work up a good Islander hate!

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm going to this one.

Today is a perfect day for Morin to play his first game. If Boychuck or that idiot Martin start anything , we would actually have someone to defend our guys.

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

It would have been nice to have Goulbourne for this one in case they try something which i am sure they will.

But to me if Boychuk tries something after he had the chance to actually see the replay then he will have proved to me on the fact that he is a punk.

Because at the time of when it happened i could see him being mad because he might not be sure how it went down...but i know he has seen it since and if he think that is what Jake was trying to do then he is a fool and deserves to get his arse beat.

And i would love to see Jake be the one to pound him but we know Jake ain't no fighter.

1 hour ago, sarsippius said:

@mojo1917

I'll be making a rare (recently) appearance in the building today myself. Boychuk has been a healthy scratch of late, we'll see on the revenge factor....but good to see some ill will between the Flyboys and the Isles, I miss being able to work up a good Islander hate!

Wow. Dude first time i have seen you in i can't remember when. How you been?

Projected Lines (Subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS

25 James van Riemsdyk - 19 Nolan Patrick - 28 Claude Giroux 
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jake Voracek
38 Ryan Hartman - 21 Scott Laughton - 11 Travis Konecny
44 Phil Varone - 10 Corban Knight - 27 Justin Bailey 

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim 
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 61 Phil Myers 
8 Robert Hägg - 3 Radko Gudas

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

Scratches: 12 Michael Raffl (missed Thursday's game with the flu), 47 Andrew MacDonald (healthy), 33 Cam Talbot (healthy), 5 Sam Morin (healthy), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body).

ISLANDERS
27 Anders Lee - 13 Mathew Barzal - 7 Jordan Eberle 
12 Josh Bailey - 29 Brock Nelson - 16 Andrew Ladd 
18 Anthony Beauvillier - 11 Tanner Fritz - 47 Leo Komarov 
17 Matt Martin - 53 Casey Cizikas - 15 Cal Clutterbuck

2 Nick Leddy - 24 Scott Mayfield/55 Johnny Boychuk 
3 Adam Pelech - 6 Ryan Pulock
4 Thomas Hickey - 25 Devon Toews

40 Robin Lehner / 1 Thomas Greiss 

Scratches: 55 Johnny Boychuk (day-to-day, another D will be scratched if he is not a healthy/injury scratch), 14 Thomas Kuhnhackl (healthy), 21 Luca Sbisa (healthy), 28 Michael Del Colle (healthy), 32 Ross Johnston (healthy), 44 Dennis Seidenberg (healthy), 51 Valtteri Filppula (upper body injury, out for approximately four weeks).

So from reports is no Johnny for today's game. Which doesn't mean there won't be anyone going after Jake.

I won't be able to watch going to my daughters dance competition in Charlotte North Carolina.

It goes without say they need to win this...in fact lets go ahead and say they can't lose another game.

That is the mind set they have to have. Go Flyers!

Flyers 5

Isles 2

You know, for a game that features two teams not too long separated by the Voracek-Boychuk incident, and one where the Isles had been sputtering lately and are in danger of losing home ice for the playoffs AND one where the Flyers still got a shot to get in... there is just very little emotion here on either side.

Sure, both teams are playing hockey, both teams obviously want to win, but still....very disappointing.
I guess I expected some more fireworks, some bigger hitting, guys yapping, chirping, getting on each other's nerves.

Even when players are crowding goalies and invading creases, no big scrums, no guys shoving guys away from the crease... almost like, "oh, hey, can you get out of my goalie's face, please?"  "Yea, sure, sorry"   "Alright, no problem".
Blech....

I just expect more from teams in this situation...especially Isles vs Flyers with a chance to get in the post season or play for home ice.

12 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Playing too soft...... take the body ...

This Flyer team is too soft for that.

All they know how to do is throw out a flailing stick...sad.

Sure could use Morin.

One of the more grotesque displays of incompetence from refs I've seen in awhile. 

Eric Furlatt and Kendrick Nicholson have simply been criminally bad. They're stealing their paychecks.  

Why don't officials get suspended or fired for being so incredibly bad at their job?  It's really hard to believe it's simple incompetence.  Clearly, bad calls. 

Bad calls aside, and there were some doozies, the Flyers were outplayed badly today. 7 games left, time to give Morin, Talbot and some others some games to start building towards October.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

One of the more grotesque displays of incompetence from refs I've seen in awhile. 

Eric Furlatt and Kendrick Nicholson have simply been criminally bad. They're stealing their paychecks.  

Why don't officials get suspended or fired for being so incredibly bad at their job?  It's really hard to believe it's simple incompetence.  Clearly, bad calls. 

Just terrible...

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Don't even know what to say about this non call.

Did Hagg get called for a penalty last game that was on Filppula too?

SMFH

It was horrific. 

Archived