You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Hockey Junkie

Its official. Housley relieved of duties

31 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I say they had to do it

Well, don't say I didn't tell you this would happen. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Well, don't say I didn't tell you this would happen. 

You said he would not get fired? 

Just now, Hockey Junkie said:

You said he would not get fired? 

So, you DO read my posts.  Shhh, don't tell anybody. 

I don't think it's the right move. I think it's the GM  projecting blame that should be directed at him. 

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

So, you DO read my posts.  Shhh, don't tell anybody. 

I don't think it's the right move. I think it's the GM  projecting blame that should be directed at him. 

Well he is having a press conference at 430.  I am with him on this. He will get us better over the summer after this draft

The next Sabres Head Coach:  Todd McLellan.

• Like 1

Boy, not a good year in the Housley household. Wife gets her ass kicked in an election for the US Senate and then Housley gets kicked to the curb after only two seasons...maybe he should have spent more time at the rink instead of in her election commercials...

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

The next Sabres Head Coach:  Todd McLellan.

Was the first name that came into my mind.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Was the first name that came into my mind.

Lindy Ruff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guy Boucher, but only if they fire him right after that great first season

• Haha 1

Dave Hakstol

(I win). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Jason Botterill says Sabres' second-half collapse led to Phil Housley's dismissal as coach

Look, I'm not exactly a fan of Housley. But basically Housley is fired for getting his team to play way over their heads early in the season and because they played as actually constructed in the second half. 

Talk about deflection by a GM. And feed into the idiotic and unreasonable delusions of a fan base.  It's the ownership in Buffalo and the GM.  Yes, they're getting there but it would be a lot further if not for ineptitude.  Astounding. 

And no, it's not the same in Philly.  Well, only a little bit. 

You cannot expect a coach to keep half a team with no goaltending to keep performing at the level they were. 

Idiocy. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

19 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I am with him on this. 

I’m sure Botterill feels much more at ease with his decision knowing you were behind him....

The Sabres could have had Scotty Bowman and the ghosts of Dick Irvin and Jack Adams behind the bench, and the team wouldn't have made the playoffs. As ever, though, sh|t rolls downhill. The GM doesn't get the coach enough good players, so the coach pays the price.

4 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

The Sabres could have had Scotty Bowman and the ghosts of Dick Irvin and Jack Adams behind the bench, and the team wouldn't have made the playoffs. As ever, though, sh|t rolls downhill. The GM doesn't get the coach enough good players, so the coach pays the price.

Botterill has picked up a bunch of good young players.  Are you criticizing Botterill?  Give the man time for Gods sake. I am ready to strangle Duquette for killing my baseball team, signing Davis to that ridiculous contract. Botterill has signed Skinner and a bunch of darn good guys in Ristolainen, Dahlin, Middlestadt and Bergland he could not have seen that coming. We will cash in these picks for O'Reilly and Evander and sail with them.  We need to get Ruff back in here and Miller.  That is what I would do.  Get rid of Hutton. And for the wisenheimeres that keep playing the Lehner card, did  anyone see him playing well?  And he still sucks in Shootouts. Botterill will get us in

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Rumours of Todd McLellan coming in as new coach

That's what I heard, as well. 

I know it's not happening, but I sure would like to see Ted Nolan get another shot.

-Bob McKenzie saying that McLellan is Buffalo's leading candidate.

-Eric Duhatschek says Sabres and McLellan close to a deal.

-Jeff Skinner will nope out if true.

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

-Bob McKenzie saying that McLellan is Buffalo's leading candidate.

-Eric Duhatschek says Sabres and McLellan close to a deal.

-Jeff Skinner will nope out if true.

First I am hearing of this.  I would be OK with him.  I want Lindy Ruff.  I say Skinner signs.  He might be waiting to see how the team looks after the draft, and after Botterill wheels and deals these bloody pics we have coming.  Not only our own, but those for O'Reilly and Kane.  We got a good kid from Anaheim who can skate like the wind. We need forwards and a goalie. Unless the kid from Finland works out?  I say Skinner stays with Eichel

48 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I say Skinner stays with Eichel

He might want to, if the other things work out in a way that he likes. The issue would be money, and I think that Buffalo management needs to be careful about how much they pay Eichel's wingers. This won't be the last guy to have a career year on his wing.