McKenzie: Hayes signed - 7 yrs / 50 milion

ruxpin

Do you like this signing?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the terms that the Flyers gave Hayes? (7 yrs / ~50 million)

• Yes - Best deal the Flyers could come up with
    • Yes - Glad he is a Flyers but signed for too much
    • Hell No! - Too much money. What is Fletcher doing to us???

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yes.  But why do I have the feeling he'd bid against himself?

Because that is the Flyer way and that is/was Fletch's MO in the Land of the Lakes ...... but yeah....he dosen't seem to have the ice in his veins like Hexy did.... I hope I'm wrong.

Marner would look good in O&B! 

I don't think Chuck is negotiationg very well.

Could he read some sun tzu ? 

Or maybe he did but learned the wrong lessons...he's not giving himself any "outs" . He's given plenty to his colleagues.  

I reckon his (Chuck's) success will be tied to Hayes. That's not a bet I would make. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm sorry, but this is a complete disaster.  

This HAS to be in reaction to Trouba going to the Rangers.  This is WAAAAAAYYYYY too much money for WAAAAYYYYY  too damn long.  

I'm really not sure what to say beyond that.  I am VERY disturbed by this.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't think Chuck is negotiationg very well.

Could he read some sun tzu ? 

Or maybe he did but learned the wrong lessons...he's not giving himself any "outs" . He's given plenty to his colleagues.  

I reckon his (Chuck's) success will be tied to Hayes. That's not a bet I would make. 

We'll forget everything if they manage to produce a cup, but good christ, if they don't god have mercy on Fletcher for what he just did to the Flyers.  We're in solid Clarke territory now.  Here's hoping he's not drifting in to maniac Holmgren territory.  

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Dude's drunk or terrified of Homer and Scott.  This is insanity.

Yeah, there's no doubt the 7x7 is way excessive.

I like the player.  I like what it does short-term.  I don't like the contract.    This smells of Homer and Scott.

Actually, the trading picks like candy and giving out silly contracts is what worried me when he was hired.  All I can do is hope for the best.

9 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, there's no doubt the 7x7 is way excessive.

I like the player.  I like what it does short-term.  I don't like the contract.    This smells of Homer and Scott.

Actually, the trading picks like candy and giving out silly contracts is what worried me when he was hired.  All I can do is hope for the best.

I have several big fears associated with this and one of them could be resolved if Frost works out at wing.

The problem there becomes what's your third line?  Oskar, Patty and Frosty?  That's a really young line.

My next problem becomes WTF do they plan to do with Coots in three years?  Do they assume he''ll be on a downturn?  

4 minutes ago, King Knut said:

WTF do they plan to do with Coots in three years?

10 x $20M = a nice round number. Crazy sure, but if there is one Flyer that will win us a Cup it's him.

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

10 x $20M = a nice round number. Crazy sure, but if there is one Flyer that will win us a Cup it's him.

you're being sarcastic, but if there was one Flyer I had to lay odds on winning a Conn Smythe some day, it'd be him.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

With JVR and Voracek on his wings he should bank 60+.

Presuming they don't play JVR on the 3rd line again...

If he doesn't put up 50+ consistently that's a problem. And he has one year of 50+ in his career.

We shall see when the puck drops.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

We shall see when the puck drops.

In the end that's all we are left with. Hayes makes us a better team nobody is debating that. How much better remains to be seen. Maybe he can become that special player that makes everybody around him better, maybe he inspires greatness, maybe he has untapped leadership potential. Lots of maybes. It's a done deal, so time for me to shut up about it I guess.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

With JVR and Voracek on his wings he should bank 60+.

Do you think AV can get Jake to shoot the fukcing puck this year???

Hayes wingers in Winnipeg were at any one time a combination of Laine, Ehlers, Wheeler and Conner and he produced himself out of the 2nd line.  I realize he didn't have much time to adjust, but I don't see him as the kind of centre who makes his wingers better (as the best centres do).

Edited by Clarke2Leach
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

In the end that's all we are left with. Hayes makes us a better team nobody is debating that. How much better remains to be seen. Maybe he can become that special player that makes everybody around him better, maybe he inspires greatness, maybe he has untapped leadership potential. Lots of maybes. It's a done deal, so time for me to shut up about it I guess.

I think Hayes is a vanilla center. If Fletch wanted sprinkles, that's an after-market add-on. 

I wonder how much Panarin and Duchene will get... Still would have preferred Duchene, but that's that.

6 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Confirmed. 

https://twitter.com/jasonmyrt/status/1141431417437675521

@jasonmyrt: Contract also has a full no-move clause the first 3 years, and a 12 team limited no-trade clause for final 4 years of the deal. https://t.co/QgHWNBAXcq

So Hayes got term, he got money, and he got security from movement.

I hate what the NHL has become.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

8 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Confirmed. 

https://twitter.com/jasonmyrt/status/1141431417437675521

@jasonmyrt: Contract also has a full no-move clause the first 3 years, and a 12 team limited no-trade clause for final 4 years of the deal. https://t.co/QgHWNBAXcq

Dammit. That gets him past expansion. Idiots! 

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

45 minutes ago, brelic said:

I think Hayes is a vanilla center. If Fletch wanted sprinkles, that's an after-market add-on. 

I wonder how much Panarin and Duchene will get... Still would have preferred Duchene, but that's that.

The price of vanilla is whack, I tells ya!

• Haha 1

I wonder if Fletcher has a "to do list" and on that list it simply says stuff ?

He's done "stuff", actually a fair amount I'm pretty okay with , I think Justin Braun and Matt Niskanen are clear upgrades to the vets we had and Kevin Hayes is a good player. 

However, the stuff he's done I don't think has been done particularly well. 

7x7 with a modified NMC is just too much for a 54 pt player that one time.

Keeping money on Gudas' salary ?

Throwing in a 3rd on the Braun deal ?

It doesn't seem like his stewardship of the assets the organization has has been very good.

he does get to cross "stuff" off his to do list, I just wish excel was on that list too. 

• Like 3

Also I know Gudas' is saying a bunch of **** about the room, I don't think that room was awesome at the end of last year either. 

Simmonds leaving didn't help. 

The comments don't seem to say it was terrible all year, just at the end.

I don't know how that room could have stayed golden given the turmoil around the team and once there wasn't any tournament to play in I'll bet people just said f-it. 

The room wasn't toxic vs pgh in the outdoor game. 

I don't know how much of a culture change will be needed, Gudas was a senior member of the team, a lot of that, and his new surroundings can be attributed to his leadership or lack thereof. pointing the finger means 3 coming back atcha

Edited by mojo1917