Nolan Patrick still not cleared for contact

RonJeremy

The expansion draft is still a year away so no decisions have to be made yet, but I’m not very confident that Patrick will ever come back full time and  be a factor. At best , he will be another Bourdon or Lindros, in and out  of the lineup for long periods of time. His development is never gonna hit its peak. If the draft were being held now , I think Laughton is more valuable to the team and I would  protect him over Patrick .Or if I could  get a second round pick , I would consider myself lucky. If Patrick is still injured by the draft , is he exempt from protection and on Long term injury list? What are our options?

What's the rush ?

You are basing your opinion on very little information. Unless you're talking to your sports medicine and doctor friends who are familiar with Nolan's case.... you have the same amount of information as the next fan who has  this " still not cleared for contact"  and nothing else. 

There are other NHL players who've had this diagnosis and have  most notably Nikalas Backstrom.

So how's about you just tap the breaks on "feeling like a 2nd rounder " would be good compensation in a trade. It's not. 

He can be signed to a decent deal, what leverage does he have? If he does make it back, he'll be highly motivated to go along with his very high skill level. 

• Like 1

There’s nothing else  going on to talk about at this point, so that’s why I started this thread. What If he is still injured, right before expansion, does he have to be protected or is there’s some kind of injury exemption.? My opinion is based on Patrick’s susceptibility to injury. I have seen it too many times ,where s player is just snakebitten right from the start and their career just never flourishes. Of course I hope he makes it back and is a good player, but I just have a bad feeling.

Edited by RonJeremy

10 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

There’s nothing else  going on to talk about at this point, so that’s why I started this thread. What If he is still injured, right before expansion, does he have to be protected or is there’s some kind of injury exemption.? My opinion is based on Patrick’s susceptibility to injury. I have seen it too many times ,where s player is just snakebitten right from the start and their career just never flourishes. Of course I hope he makes it back and is a good player, but I just have a bad feeling.

Not enough bad shite going on..you gotta go here? Right now?

What are you...emo?  :bigteeth:

image.jpeg.878311cf7140260cf316474909183749.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You gotta face reality and plan accordingly. There is  strong possibility that Patrick and Lindblom never make it back or come back in some diminished capacity. I’m still talking hockey, I have had enough of the other stuff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

You gotta face reality and plan accordingly. There is  strong possibility that Patrick and Lindblom never make it back or come back in some diminished capacity. I’m still talking hockey, I have had enough of the other stuff.

Yep, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm already prepared....I don't have to grocery shop for a f#@$ing decade!

So it's you who bought all the toilet paper. I knew it. Everybody head to Barrie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, flyercanuck said:

One of THREE spare bedrooms in my house...all fully stocked!

Natch. So I'm guessing one of the other spare bedrooms is full of 72' plasmas TVs, and the other is filled with halibut? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Natch. So I'm guessing one of the other spare bedrooms is full of 72' plasmas TVs, and the other is filled with halibut? 

The plasmas are at the cottage. On the halibut stocked lake. I'm prepped!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

and your garage has a Chevy Lumina :VeryCool:  (yes I know the photo is not a Lumina...but you get the point ;) )

OpenCommunityimcdb - Funny Pictures from Email/Internet

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Lol, close enough man! How you holding up doc?

My family and I are actually doing pretty well.  My wife already homeschools our kids. We belong to a Co-Op which has suspended their meetings for now. Work is busy but not insane like NYC.  I'm pretty secluded in the OR/surgical area and have ZERO interaction with patients.  My son is not playing baseball this year so we are not affected their either.  Not sure about my daughters dance recital.  They are still looking at mid-June to hopefully have recital.  Overall, I really cannot complain.  Thanks for asking. I genuinely appreciate it. :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

My family and I are actually doing pretty well.  My wife already homeschools our kids. We belong to a Co-Op which has suspended their meetings for now. Work is busy but not insane like NYC.  I'm pretty secluded in the OR/surgical area and have ZERO interaction with patients.  My son is not playing baseball this year so we are not affected their either.  Not sure about my daughters dance recital.  They are still looking at mid-June to hopefully have recital.  Overall, I really cannot complain.  Thanks for asking. I genuinely appreciate it. :) 

Glad to hear it man. I guess that means you and I are among the more fortunate. We're all family here so I genuinely mean it when I ask. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

and your garage has a Chevy Lumina :VeryCool:  (yes I know the photo is not a Lumina...but you get the point ;) )

OpenCommunityimcdb - Funny Pictures from Email/Internet

Wow I made my above comment before I scrolled down before posting but I see we all have the same suspicion...

... @flyercanuck has Rick held hostage...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow I made my above comment before I scrolled down before posting but I see we all have the same suspicion...

... @flyercanuck has Rick held hostage...

Ya...if I was going to kidnap someone to spend social distancing with...SHE wouldn't be Rick!   :InnocentSmiley:

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings:

The Patrick and Lindblom cases are sad, but RJ certainly raises a good point.  Mario Lemieux made a great recovery from Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.   We can only hope and pray that Oskar makes it through safe and sound.  Nolan Patrick's case is a bit stranger/complicated.  He is fragile.  My biggest fear with him is the Forsberg Scenario--in sometimes, out for a stretch...etc.   I recall reading that  Flyers management is likely to offer him a one-year deal as an RFA, knowing full well that he needs to prove skill and health during his next go-round.  That strategy makes sense.  He has had a prolonged audition and there is a bleep-load of talented forwards in this organization.