Flyers Round Robin Schedule (Game Threads) - August 2020

pilldoc

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think i leave JVR on the bench for Tampa....just me he has earned that doghouse.

I can get on board with this.

My question, is Bunnaman the right sub? He played ok, but i wouldnt say better than JVR 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

My question, is Bunnaman the right sub? He played ok, but i wouldnt say better than JVR 

CB was fine. More noticeable than JVR but he took a penalty I think. The reffing was pure unadulterated sh!te though so that doesn't mean much. We won. So JVR sits.

Hello:

Big game on Saturday; one of the biggest in many seasons.  Hayes was inspired and Laughton is maturing into another Coots, and in some ways, more flexible given his ability to play wing or center. 

TB has been a thorn in our side for many years.  I still remember the 7 game series loss to them in '03-'04.  What we don't know at this point is the advantages of the 1 vs. 2 seed but a win will be an achievement for this squad.  We are already ahead of the game--entered at four and will do no worse than two.

JVR's benching is a good thing in terms of accountability.  But it stinks in terms of cap waste and what it may mean long term.  I doubt he is trade bait or Kraken material.  CB may be no better but he is a bleep load more cost-effective, and at least he plays his size.  I am not even sure if JVR is a PP force.  Yikes. 

29 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

CB was fine. More noticeable than JVR but he took a penalty I think. The reffing was pure unadulterated sh!te though so that doesn't mean much. We won. So JVR sits.

Having him sit for Tampa could be a good idea. After this win, a second seed is wrapped up. Its worth it to take a chance, in hopes to light a fire under this turd

• Like 1

Nice puck support again today. Sanhiem and Myers are evolving into one of the better 2nd pairings in the league. Nice game by NAK. Bunnaman was respectable position wise, and better suited for a bottom six role than JVR. Wise to get Elliott some work, we might need him at some point and having him come in Stone cold is not wise...plus has good numbers vs Caps.

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

7 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Nice puck support again today. Sanhiem and Myers are evolving into one of the better 2nd pairings in the league. Nice game by NAK. Bunnaman was respectable position wise, and better suited for a bottom six role than JVR. Wise to get Elliott some work, we might need him at some point and having him come in Stone cold is not wise...plus has good numbers vs Caps.

Agree with all of that. How are you keeping bud? Nice to see you around.

58 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Agree with all of that. How are you keeping bud? Nice to see you around.

I'm great...thanks for asking. Just glad to have hockey back!! Big test coming against TB...a nice measuring stick. The way to early match up thought...but we beat TB and the Habs hold on against the Pens we have a french date @therewillbeblood.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CoachX said:

Having him sit for Tampa could be a good idea. After this win, a second seed is wrapped up. Its worth it to take a chance, in hopes to light a fire under this turd

There is no fire. 

There was a spark in the Boston series in 2010/11...but it went out. It never came back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Good Post 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, CoachX said:

Just finished the game thanks to an excellent stream

As I said all along, starting Elliott was a stroke of genius. He has the Caps number. Plus it keeps him fresh and ready, without any rust. You never know when you might need him

My faith in Laughton and NAK has paid off. As I have been saying for months now, they are valuable assets and will be a major factor for this team. I love those guys

I got nothing else, this is probably my best post ever

you should definitely "win the day" for this

9 hours ago, CoachX said:

I thought he was on his ass more than his skates and without his stick for much of the 2nd period.

He was noticeable but not always in ways we'd want in the second. However in the third he was really strong as the F3 ? I think they call it on the forecheck and in the neutral zone, his efforts helped pin the Caps more than once.

I like his size and willingness to blow people up if he can, he plays with a physicality that JvR doesn't so i guess it depends on what the team needs. He is several notches below JvR in terms of skill but a notch above when it comes to effort, I thought it was noticeable. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CoachX said:

what side of the puck to shoot

Holy crap, there's different sides of the puck that you have too shoot?   He definitely knows much more about hockey than I do.

But what I do know is that I'm laying in hammock looking at a lake in August and reading about hockey.  Kinda surreal.  

I agree with leaving JVR out for Tampa.  Forgetting about the cap hit because at this point it doesn't matter, it's who is playing best.  And it surely isn't him.  Farabee and NAK or I guess CB but I'm not a fan personally.   

As @flyercanuck said, he's doesn't show fire and hasn't in a long time.  Make him work for it, hard.

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Bolts have the power play and the Flyers are in a 3 way tie for the worst. Awesome.

Something has to give. Flyers are in a 4 way tie for the top PK. So saturday should be a helluva game!!!!

The flyers defense is really impressive.  Props to AV for that. It seems like they just smother you, wear you down, then exploit mistakes. And biggest point, it appears everyone not named JVR has bought in. There is a total team commitment.  I dont see star player pouting or complaining because they arent getting "theirs". 

The team is dominating and our big guns havent even got started yet

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

The flyers defense is really impressive.  Props to AV for that. It seems like they just smother you, wear you down, then exploit mistakes. And biggest point, it appears everyone not named JVR has bought in. There is a total team commitment.  I dont see star player pouting or complaining because they arent getting "theirs". 

The team is dominating and our big guns havent even got started yet

What I see is a group of guys wanting to play for each other. Laughts mentioned this in his presser.

You cannot assume that this desire to go to war with the guy sitting next to you and the guy next to him is present. It has to emerge organically from the room through strong leadership, selflessness and putting the team above all else. It's a beauty thing to witness. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I thought he was on his ass more than his skates and without his stick for much of the 2nd period.

He was noticeable but not always in ways we'd want in the second. However in the third he was really strong as the F3 ? I think they call it on the forecheck and in the neutral zone, his efforts helped pin the Caps more than once.

I like his size and willingness to blow people up if he can, he plays with a physicality that JvR doesn't so i guess it depends on what the team needs. He is several notches below JvR in terms of skill but a notch above when it comes to effort, I thought it was noticeable. 

Bunnaman looked a bit nervous at times. The more he plays, the better he will get. He actually has nice hands down low. 

• Like 1