Hartnell to replace Toews at ASG

Guest brelic

Who'da thunk it! Scott Hartnell going to the All Star Game! Remember just a couple of seasons ago when he couldn't seem to stay on his skates? When he was taking all those bone-headed penalties? What an amazing turnaround. And I say that with all sincerity. Congrats to Hartnell! It's a well deserved honor this season. Glad he's getting the recognition he deserves and I wish him the best......for the rest of the season, especially.

Who'da thunk it! Scott Hartnell going to the All Star Game! Remember just a couple of seasons ago when he couldn't seem to stay on his skates? When he was taking all those bone-headed penalties? What an amazing turnaround. And I say that with all sincerity. Congrats to Hartnell! It's a well deserved honor this season. Glad he's getting the recognition he deserves and I wish him the best......for the rest of the season, especially.

Pretty sure people were screaming for his head (yet again) at the beginning of this season.

i am glad he made it. but if i were him i'd say no. take the time to heal and get rest for the rest of the season

Nah, it's not like it's hard work! Be fun to hang out with friends, family, and I'm sure being there with everyone is as much a pleasant distraction as, say, Costa Rica ;)

quotes on facebook: Hartnell on getting the All-Star call: "It was right before bed time and my heart was racing... There's been so many emotions and it's been a good season so it's nice to be rewarded with the selection."

and MORE HARTNELL REACTION: "I was kind of nervous. It was from Shanahan and I thought I might have a disciplinary hearing... but it was good news."

question why would shanny call him to tell him he's been selected

Nah, it's not like it's hard work! Be fun to hang out with friends, family, and I'm sure being there with everyone is as much a pleasant distraction as, say, Costa Rica ;)

You mention family. What I really appreciated in the game against Boston was that his pop was there to see his hat trick. The guy looked older but clearly was having a great time and looked really happy for his son. Who knows how much longer he may be able to enjoy watching his kid play. I agree with you. Do it, share the experience with family, create those memories, and make your dad proud.

You mention family. What I really appreciated in the game against Boston was that his pop was there to see his hat trick. The guy looked older but clearly was having a great time and looked really happy for his son. Who knows how much longer he may be able to enjoy watching his kid play. I agree with you. Do it, share the experience with family, create those memories, and make your dad proud.

Absolutely! It's one of the rare times they can actually play the game of hockey for the game's sake, like they did for so many years as kids. And his dad looked like he was having such a great time enjoying what is probably a highlight game for his son.

I think it's really cool that they have the father/son week. I played hockey for about 15 years, and my parents made a lot of sacrifices to get me to games on time, get me equipment, give up their weekends, all so I could play a game I loved.

Should be interesting to see just how many goals Harts can score this year. Ya know, sounds really weird, but if he goes on a bit of a hot streak....50 is looming large. If you told me at the start of the year that 50 was even a *remote* possibility for Harts, I'd tell you to lay off the drugs. Even 40 (which is certainly within reach) sounds downright strange.

Congrats Scotty, you deserved this trip to the All Star game!!!!

Should be interesting to see just how many goals Harts can score this year. Ya know, sounds really weird, but if he goes on a bit of a hot streak....50 is looming large. If you told me at the start of the year that 50 was even a *remote* possibility for Harts, I'd tell you to lay off the drugs. Even 40 (which is certainly within reach) sounds downright strange.

I know Jeff Carter and , Hartnell IS NO JEFF CARTER!!!!! 50 goals.....yah right...... and Kudos to Sideshow Scotty for a record setting year...

Caveat: The above post is tongue in cheek referring somebody we know who championed the skills of one Jeff Carter....I hope you hit nail with Harts too....

i'm happy for 19...

they've sewn an A on his sweater too.

Even when he was stinking up the joint in the beginning of the year, he was still doing the things a good teammate does. he's got it screwed down right now, he's getting some bounces and working hard.

i hope he has fun.