What is wrong with the Flyers and how do you fix it?

Fizz

37 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I see, you take the leading points producer on the team (along with Giroux and JVR) and stick him on a checking line.

It is where he was for a good portion of the games at the end of the season. No i prefer to eat 2 mill of his salary and trade his ass.

38 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

And who do you like better on the RW top line?

Konecny and i would hope Lindblom could slot on the top line LW like it was when that line was on fire before the the stoppage last year and Lindblom was diagnosed with cancer.

They need goal scorers and TK and Farabee can score goals.

Jake hasn't scored more than 20 goals since 2014...and hasn't done it the last two years...his time is up...seems like you just want to repeat what we have witnessed the last two years.

I hope Hakstol loved Jake and take him off their hands he is a huge part of the problem and isn't part of the solution let him go out West and argue with their reporters when he doesn't see something reported he doesn't like. He has had 10 years time to pack his bags.

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Just so we're clear here - Hextall failed the team by not trading for a guy who was whining his way out of his second franchise, publicly questioning whether he wanted to play the game, having already played the "I'm going to Russia" card?

I know hindsight is 20/20 but this is some next level stuff here. The first rounder they would have dealt was Cam York.

He added the second most valuable UFA on the market and lost nothing from his roster for it. It just so happened that UFA was JVR but if the core VeeGees were what they were cracked up to be that c/should have been a solid move.

Hextall had some issues but not trading for O'Reilly isn't even in the top half of the problems.

And in terms of who failed the franchise and put them firmly on the road to where they are you should check on the guy that fired Hextall and is still a senior advisor to the organization*.

I've read this post like 8 times, and it just gets better every time.

45 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope Hakstol loved Jake and take him off their hands he is a huge part of the problem and isn't part of the solution let him go out West and argue with their reporters when he doesn't see something reported he doesn't like. He has had 10 years time to pack his bags.

I hope so too. But I have a feeling the Kraken take a defenseman.  I hope it's not Ghost.

Hakstol kind of destroyed Ghost. I could see Shayne quitting hockey and opening up a dry cleaner somewhere if he's drafted by the Kraken.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I could see Shayne quitting hockey and opening up a dry cleaner somewhere if he's drafted by the Kraken.

If Gostisbehere does dry cleaning the way he plays defense, his customers will end up with a lot of burnt, overironed clothes.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Hakstol kind of destroyed Ghost. I could see Shayne quitting hockey and opening up a dry cleaner somewhere if he's drafted by the Kraken.

Ghost had his breakout season AND his second most influential season under Hackstol.

He always had difficulty on the back end.

That wasn't Hackstol. That's who Ghost always was. And is.

If you want the offensive production, you get the defensive deficiencies.

It's not like he was ever a shutdown defenceman with an offensive upside.

When they expose him I'm not going to be surprised when Seattle takes him. And leaves the Vee and JVR problems on the Flyers' roster...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Jake Voracek has been told he'll be left unprotected in the NHL Expansion Draft, and the Flyers will look to move him, if he isn't taken.

I can just see Fletcher sending our 1st to Seattle to entice the Kraken to take Voracek and then dealing for Jones and signing him to a contract that we'll be hoping can be sent to the next expansion franchise along with another 1st.

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

14 hours ago, ruxpin said:
15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope so too.

@FD19372

Good news: per Friedman

I’m going to stress that this situation has been described as “not acrimonious” to me, but Philadelphia and Jakub Voracek have discussed that it might be time for a change, as well. Voracek is expected to be left unprotected for the expansion draft (and was told so), where former Flyers coach Dave Hakstol would weigh in. Should that fail, Philly will look elsewhere. There are three years left on his contract, with cash slightly lower than his cap hit of $8.25 million. Both sides are also prepared for the possibility a trade won’t occur, so he stays put. But there will be a legit attempt to move him.

• Good Post 1

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I can just see Fletcher sending our 1st to Seattle to entice the Kraken to take Voracek and then dealing for Jones and signing him to a contract that we'll be hoping can be sent to the next expansion franchise along with another 1st.

Well per Friedman it won't get done because he won't extend. A blessing in disguise I say.

The Seth Jones-to-Philadelphia discussions appear off, for now. The Flyers can’t get the commitment they want from Jones. That’s his right, to wait unless he’s certain, but Philly won’t make the deal without it.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

@FD19372

I’m going to stress that this situation has been described as “not acrimonious” to me, but Philadelphia and Jakub Voracek have discussed that it might be time for a change, as well. Voracek is expected to be left unprotected for the expansion draft (and was told so), where former Flyers coach Dave Hakstol would weigh in. Should that fail, Philly will look elsewhere. There are three years left on his contract, with cash slightly lower than his cap hit of $8.25 million. Both sides are also prepared for the possibility a trade won’t occur, so he stays put. But there will be a legit attempt to move him.

Thanks, OR for expanding a bit on my post. I got my info reported about Jake,  off the Flyers Nation Facebook site. This is good and exciting news, indeed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Thanks, OR for expanding a bit on my post. I got my info reported about Jake,  off the Flyers Nation Facebook site. This is good and exciting news, indeed.

It is I have no proof but I really think Jake is part of the cancer in the locker room so if they can begin the process of removing it well in my mind that is one small step in the right direction.

Then they'll need guys like TK and Allison to step up and replace his production.

Then I wouldn't mind signing a vet maybe like a Kyle Palmieri who can play either wing for some vet depth till another kid is ready to fill in.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It is I have no proof but I really think Jake is part of the cancer in the locker room so if they can begin the process of removing it well in my mind that is one small step in the right direction.

Then they'll need guys like TK and Allison to step up and replace his production.

Then I wouldn't mind signing a vet maybe like a Kyle Palmieri who can play either wing for some vet depth till another kid is ready to fill in.

i think there are more moves coming that fletch isnt leaking out, i think we are in for a major retool, the only reason jake is being mentioned is because they are hoping the kraken will take him.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Then they'll need guys like TK and Allison to step up and replace his production

This is how I have been feeling all along.

Voracek is the driving force behind dysfunction and  and division. I think he has a few key allies in this, namely JVR. I came to this assumption by watching his play and reading several reports alluding to him being unhappy and pissy. No matter what, HE NEEDS TO GO.

as soon as he, and jvr are left unprotected, it will get worse. They will take it as a slight against them, and I suspect they will do whatever to get moved. After all, they are getting paid, no matter what. If they stay and suck, they get thier money and will blame the Flyers. If they get moved, they get paid and will have a fresh start

The Flyers absolutely need to do this to change the culture of the team

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i think there are more moves coming that fletch isnt leaking out, i think we are in for a major retool, the only reason jake is being mentioned is because they are hoping the kraken will take him.

And because he an a-hole, and the Flyers are letting it be known that he's out!

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I can just see Fletcher sending our 1st to Seattle to entice the Kraken to take Voracek

I'm not sure I would hate this, as long as Jake is gone

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

@FD19372

tenor.gif?itemid=3710860

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I'm not sure I would hate this, as long as Jake is gone

If it is THIS year's first rounder I'm okay.

I hate passing up on some of the forwards in that pick area, but I make that trade.

...I think.

Edited by ruxpin

I saw this news about Voracek and thought...

There should be zero need for an expansion team to need enticed to select a roll out of bed 60pt player.

They should just ****** take him.

Where else are they going to find plug and play production at that level?

They will need to get to the cap floor, he can help with that, he is owed less than the contract's aav so he's "kind of" a bargain.

I don't want to gift the Kracken a pick to take Jake.

I absolutely wouldn't offer a 2022 pick.

I'd offer to retain a small amount of salary if that's possible.

The Kracken will need to score points and that's something Voracek can do.

They need to play high event hockey if they're not going to win right away and that is also part of Jakes TO&E. Vegas was an outlier expansion story, looking to catch that lightning in a bottle again will be like trying to figure out which skateboard crash video will get 1 million hits.

I do think telling him he's trade bait and then not trading him would be a disaster, so I would not be surprised to see him traded for a bag of pucks if options A through D don't work.

Also, I don't know what his relationship with Haktard was, I'm hoping it was great. 

I don't want that asshole to continue to harm the Flyers. 4 years of blank stares was enough.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 2

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

This is how I have been feeling all along.

Voracek is the driving force behind dysfunction and  and division. I think he has a few key allies in this, namely JVR. I came to this assumption by watching his play and reading several reports alluding to him being unhappy and pissy. No matter what, HE NEEDS TO GO.

as soon as he, and jvr are left unprotected, it will get worse. They will take it as a slight against them, and I suspect they will do whatever to get moved. After all, they are getting paid, no matter what. If they stay and suck, they get thier money and will blame the Flyers. If they get moved, they get paid and will have a fresh start

The Flyers absolutely need to do this to change the culture of the team

Purge the ginger! 

☠️

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1