Article on Dave Scott, and the Flyers approach to this offseason from the Philly Inquirer

15 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

https://www.inquirer.com/flyers/flyers-dave-scott-snider-changes-fletcher-20210503.html

“I feel for our fans. I mean, it’s a sad situation,” he said in an interview Monday. “I’m angry. I’m frustrated. Everyone keeps saying they’re disappointed, and it’s beyond disappointment where we’re sitting today.”

“But I’m not discouraged, and I’m determined,” he added.

Sounds to me like one more, corporate...end of season, and off-season, cop-out. He talks about their closer than their record shows. Closer to what, Dave? Mediocrity? Another first round playoff embarrassment?  Then he continues..."We took a big step back". "And I can't stop thinking about our fanbase". Scott doesn't believe multiple SIGNIFICANT changes are necessary. 

They are, Dave, you buffoon. Time for the real fans of this team to rebel, and take a stand. This sounds to me like more marginal to horrible Gustaffson and Braun types, little tweaks at forward again..and keeping the same basic leadership core. I am just horrified at the level of organizational incompetence and arrogance.

Instead of being President of the Flyers,  Scott is more suites as President of The Hair Club For Men.

• Haha 1

Mine started this year....i kept my $90 bucks in my pocket instead reupping on Gamecenter and i will more than likely do the same next year unless there are big changes.

I've done my part i have stopped watching and i haven't given them a cent on any Flyer gear in about two years.

Now everyone else needs to do the same....especially the ones who will be attending games.

Maybe the only way they get the message....

:BrownBag:

• Like 1

Didn’t read the article, is Scott ok with players who think it’s not only impossible but totally unnecessary to compete for 60 minutes? 

#IHATEJAKE 🤬™️

Edited by Samifan

Hmm...

Scott was asked who is the most accountable for the season: coaches, players, or management.

“You look at it, and it’s the coaches’ jobs to make sure the players are ready to play,” he said. “We’ve been showing up not ready to play. I mean, the guys have gotten off to slow starts in, what, 19 of the last 21 games” and allowed the first goal.

I read some post where you guys were talking about alternating years of blaming the players, then the coaches. Anybody keeping track? Who's getting axed this summer? Scott's quote sounds like AV and his staff but of course later he's quoted as "they have all my confidence and Chuck's too."

13 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Dave Scott is actually part of the problem, the poor dear.

He most certainly is. I almost guarantee you that he read this article, or someone else read it to him..and his response was that they'll be no significant changes in this off-season. Translation: Rinse, repeat. We love our bottom line, and shove it, to the real Flyers fans who want to celebrate the winning of the franchise's third Stanley Cup. I already got booted from one of the Philadelphia Flyers fan pages. I was called an idiot, because I dared to question Giroux as a leader, said maybe he didn't deserve the C, and was not one of the best hockey players in the NHL. I guess I'm not properly brainwashed...or maybe it's that I'm unwashed.🤣 Anyway, fans have to hurt Scott and Company, in ticket sales. I don't know if there's any other way. If there is...I want to hear it. No way they're winning a Cup, with this front office.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

He most certainly is. I almost guarantee you that he read this article, or someone else read it to him..and his response was that they'll be no significant changes in this off-season. Translation: Rinse, repeat. We love our bottom line, and shove it, to the real Flyers fans who want to celebrate the winning of the franchise's third Stanley Cup. I already got booted from one of the Philadelphia Flyers fan pages. I was called an idiot, because I dared to question Giroux as a leader, said maybe he didn't deserve the C, and was not one of the best hockey players in the NHL. I guess I'm not properly brainwashed...or maybe it's that I'm unwashed.🤣 Anyway, fans have to hurt Scott and Company, in ticket sales. I don't know if there's any other way. If there is...I want to hear it. No way they're winning a Cup, with this front office.

BTW, I meant I was booted by the "author", of one of the Philadelphia Flyers fan pages, on Facebook.

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

BTW, I meant I was booted by the "author", of one of the Philadelphia Flyers fan pages, on Facebook.

this is crazy, well i'll still wait until this offseason if there is changes to the team if not im done. if av gets canned im super finished and i hope av goes to a better organization that gives a crap.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1