Tom Wilson REALLY needs to go!!

fan4ever

This decision is not just disrespectful towards the players. It shows Buttman's attitude towards the fans as well. How am I going to explain to my son that Wilson doesn't get suspended, or his teeth kicked in, pulling off stuff like that? The fans should revolt and force the NHL to act.

• Like 2

It's still an unprecedented case here. Not to defend Buttmann, but he's not the one who calls suspensions and fines, that's this ****** CBA agreement thing on behalf of the NHLPA who has his butt between the two chairs: the offender and the victim's side. However, he has free hands to fire Parros, which should be done immediately. The already struggling League is in hot water right now, what happened is really bad for it. Buttman has now the opportunity to step up, clean the mess and send a strong signal and quite honestly, he's obliged to.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2021 at 8:14 AM, fan4ever said:

This man is trash!!!

A 10-minute misconduct is more than enough.  No fine or suspension needed for this kind of stuff.  This is nothing more than 1990's roughing. Nothing to see here.

If Wilson decides to manhandle some of the Flyers, there is not a dann thing we can do about it. We can't have Laughton and Farabee leading the team in fights. I hope we dress Morin.

Edited by RonJeremy

3 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

A 10-minute misconduct is more than enough.  No fine or suspension needed for this kind of stuff.  This is nothing more than 1990's roughing. Nothing to see here.

We can agree to disagree on this!  Just wait until he really hurts someone, then we'll chat again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

And you'd stick by that opinion if it was Mathews he was rag dolling and was out for the season?

Do people just have to quote one of my messages to get 10 LIKES?  lol.  :( 

If someone took a cheap shot at Matthews I would hope a player like Simmonds stepped in and beat their ass.  In fact, if the Leafs had any "testicular fortitude" at all, it would be a bench clearing brawl or I'd burn all the players tuxedos in the locker room and make them wear dresses on the plane ride home. 

2 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

In the 1990's Wilson would have had to face retaliation. He wouldn't be a serial offender with policing on every team.

So then retaliate. Is Wilson the only tough guy in the NHL?  Clearly teams have become too soft in today's NHL. Most NHL teams now would get beat up by a women's soccer team. I think it's time to put the toughness back into hockey again because it's embarrassing to watch players skate around consequence-free. No hitting. No shoving. No physical play at all. It's the equivalent of no-touch football. 

1 minute ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Do people just have to quote one of my messages to get 10 LIKES?  lol.  :( 

If someone took a cheap shot at Matthews I would hope a player like Simmonds stepped in and beat their ass.  In fact, if the Leafs had any "testicular fortitude" at all, it would be a bench clearing brawl or I'd burn all the players tuxedos in the locker room and make them wear dresses on the plane ride home. 

Lol...I wasn't fishing for likes. 

If that was Wilsons 1st offence, maybe I could agree with the 10 minute misconduct. He's been suspended 5 times (once for 20 games) and should have been suspended several times more. He plays over the line...a lot. 

I don't know how Ghost gets a suspension with zero history (and he deserved it) while Wilson is allowed to continually try and injure players and they basically give what would amount to a $50 fine to us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Lol...I wasn't fishing for likes. 

Me either. I never think about how many LIKES I have.  😣

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

If that was Wilsons 1st offence, maybe I could agree with the 10 minute misconduct. He's been suspended 5 times (once for 20 games) and should have been suspended several times more. He plays over the line...a lot. 

But we're talking about a fight here correct?  He didn't smash anyone in the head with his stick. He didn't hit someone from behind into the boards. It's a good old fashioned scrap. We used to call that a 5-minute major. You could tack on the 2 minutes for instigating. 

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I don't know how Ghost gets a suspension with zero history (and he deserved it) while Wilson is allowed to continually try and injure players and they basically give what would amount to a $50 fine to us.

I didn't see what Ghost did so I can't comment.  :) 

2 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

In the 1990's Wilson would have had to face retaliation. He wouldn't be a serial offender with policing on every team.

I refuse to say the NHL has become pussified, but rather a change in the style of play....but you are absolutly correct, back then the next time the caps and rangers played, the re would need to be a dentist on stand by.

4 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

But we're talking about a fight here correct?  He didn't smash anyone in the head with his stick. He didn't hit someone from behind into the boards. It's a good old fashioned scrap. We used to call that a 5-minute major. You could tack on the 2 minutes for instigating. 

Not even a scrap, just wilson being a douche....punching a downed player then rag dolling a superstar slamming him to the ice.

2 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

But it wasn't a good old fashioned scrap. He had a guy pinned on the ice with his stick around his neck and punched him. Buchnevich wasn't fighting...at all. Then when Panarin jumped in to stop him (never threw a punch, just looked like he was trying to stop him) he gets basically pile-drived to the ice and punched. 

2 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I didn't see what Ghost did so I can't comment.  :) 

He threw a hit after an empty net goal. He got TWO games with no history of trying to maim players.

• Like 1