Ghost Suspended 2 Games for Late Hit

I'm fine with this.

Ghost is simply a puss for what he did.  I wrote this elsewhere, but again:  if you want to make a statement about the open net goal in a 7-3 game that wasn't a 7-3 game, I get it.  So go at him. Drop your mittens and do your slap fight.

You don't fully extend and reach you crosscheck a guy who just scored, is starting to celebrate, is completely unsuspecting, and turning on his skates with his back to you and right by the end boards like that.

You cannot do that and not expect discipline. And to especially can't do it on the same night as NHL club publicly dresses down the  department of player safety.  I'm fine with the suspension and would have been fine with a couple more for stupidity.

As for Wilson, he should have been suspended.  He's a douche. Yet, I've seen a lot worse gone without suspension. A lot of it was simply that HE did it.  I get that given his history.  Let's not overstate 'for the season" for Panarin.  The Rags are eliminated, so we're talking about 3 games.

I think the suspension for Ghost is warranted, if arguably soft.  Wilson should have been but more on history and less on the merits of this incident   I'm still more upset about the lack of retribution on Wilson than the punishment for Ghost.

• Good Post 1

Apparently Parros and Buttman can't read, nor do they know numbers. The memo said: "5000$ for Gostishebere, and 20 for Wilson", and they went:

BUTTMAN: 5000$ for, for... I can't read this, too long, maybe "a guy from Washington"?

PARROT: 5000$ fine... for ... Wilson...

BUTTMAN:And what was that in the rest of the memo: '2 for that other guy'?

PARROT: 2 games for Ghost... Gost... Gott... Let's just say the other guy. So, that's done, let's go have another drink."

This is how I, we, them, us make ourselves, myself, themselves, ourselves look so good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If there is no $$$ sign, betturd can't read it. Neither play is suspension worthy in a real league. Betturd has pussified hockey for a couple of bucks. Wilson is just another player in the league who would be dealt with when the NHL was played by men.

57 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

This is how I, we, them, us make ourselves, myself, themselves, ourselves look so good.

I knew it... *shifty eyes*

As for Ghost, I'd have preferred to see him just punch that ****** right in his ****** ******* face.

That crosscheck was bush-league, Tom Wilson wouldn't have stopped at just a cross check.

I mean really, if that's where the game is during a season from hell, why not take out some frustrations on that jackhole. 

Ghost's play was dangerous and uncalled for...because he executed it poorly. The Flyers season in microcosm. 

His intentions were fine, "**** that prick" but the message and delivery were weak.

I am glad he is being punished for making that bush league pansy-ass play. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah. Agreed.

Well I guess the only good news (depends on prespective) is now Cam York gets to play.

Lines and pairs:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny

Farabee-Hayes-Voracek

Lindblom-Patrick-Allison

JvR-Laughton-NAK

Provorov-Braun

Sanheim-Myers

Morin-York

Hagg-Cates

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well I guess the only good news (depends on prespective) is now Cam York gets to play.

Lines and pairs:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny

Farabee-Hayes-Voracek

Lindblom-Patrick-Allison

JvR-Laughton-NAK

Provorov-Braun

Sanheim-Myers

Morin-York

Hagg-Cates

Good for the Flyers: Morin in to fight Wilson after he concusses York

Bad for the Flyers: Voracek there to hold Morin back while Wilson punches him in the face

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Math said:

Who was the guy trying to chop off Friedman's head just before the goal ?

Patrick.

I don't know wtf Friedman did or said but man is he despised by everyone on the Flyers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Patrick.

I don't know wtf Friedman did or said but man is he despised by everyone on the Flyers.

Apparently he wasn't very popular in the Flyer's locker room. The Flyers beat writer's touched on this on twitter.  He was very arrogant and it really rubbed people the wrong way. I don't think talking crap after he left was his smartest move either. Until you made your mark in the NHL people have long memories. 

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Is it just me or is Friedmans neck made of rubber. Both hits by Patrick and he looks like a bobble head.

Well seems like he wasn't like and maybe even an asshole....

.....and now plays for the "assholes".

Serves him right....

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Patrick.

Probably called them a bunch of fkn losers.

He wasn't wrong.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, radoran said:

May have said he wanted to play 60 minutes.

#controversial

Meanwhile, Giroux and Voracek thought they should play for 3 minutes and prorate it.

• Like 1