So who gets to wear #55 jersey?

Sam or Risto?

I say let them fight for it.

Loser picks a new number!!!

#competeforeverything

:beer:

this is why youre my favorite

• Thanks 1

I didn't hate the Nate Thompson experience the first time, I did think he was playing too much and in match-ups where his opportunities for improvement were exposed.

The things I liked about him were he was a pro and he played an honest game with high effort.  I do wish he had some more offense in that honest game though.

As such, if he's a healthy scratch he'll handle it and be ready if the team needs him. 

I don't see where this signing boxes anyone out, I do think having him around is a neutral to good thing even if it's for practicing face-offs

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 2

Obviously,  Homer has hacked CF's cell and twitter, and is making deals when he isn't looking

thats the only thing that can explain this bipolar behavior

either that or they are just trying to bug us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Obviously,  Homer has hacked CF's cell and twitter, and is making deals when he isn't looking

thats the only thing that can explain this bipolar behavior

either that or they are just trying to bug us

Homer and Clarke are still really the co-GM's of this team.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hayes is getting the band back together 

Pretty sure you spelled AV wrong, which is weird because it's only two letters

Sometimes it's like you're not even trying

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

The Sharks did make the Conference Final in the first of those .896 years.

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

Well he does have Stanley Cup experience.

In 6 games he only posted one bad game wise - game 4 850%

But that was what 5 years ago.

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

But AV didn't play with Atkinson at BU though...oh I'm sure this comes as a suggestion from Hollywood and then Chuckles glaces at AV and then says

"What ya think Alain?"

And then Alain with best Mob voice says

"Make it so."

And bahdah boom....dey here...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, radoran said:

Well, I spell it AV Hayes.

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

maybe we should call him "JAKE"

36 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Thompson brings the ARGH SIIIIIIIIIZE quotient that needs to be filled......

Yep, I checked the lines in Vegas and the Flyers shot all the way up to the top five Cup favorites after signing Thompson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Flyers sign Nick Seeler, another Chuck Fletcher favorite from Minnesota.
One year, just 750K according to preliminary reports.

No, he won't set anything ablaze on the blue line, but honestly, what Philly would be getting here is a standard, stay at home defenseman, who can hit, skates reasonably well, is still just 28, blocks shots and, generally speaking, won't turn the puck over very much.
That isn't "party hardy" exciting, but it isn't terrible either, and right now, the Flyers COULD use someone with basic hockey sensibilities on that blue line.

I always felt the Wild didn't utilize him nearly enough, maybe he gets a better look in Philadelphia.
Probably best as a bottom four defenseman, and paired with someone with better offensive instincts leaving him to  handle the defensive portion of the pair.

9 hours ago, CoachX said:

this is why youre my favorite

Nah I would rather wear Rosto wear #5 like on the first big goal I remember from him.

The very guy he got traded for.

He walks around Hagg to score it.

Oh it don't get any better.

:PopcornSmiley2:

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can't comment on Yandle being washed up some think he is.

I will wait to watch and see.

And as far as our most hated it seems Risto is already leading in that category and hasn't even laced em up.

So I will go with him every mistake he makes there will be new bitching threads about it see FC.

I hope not because I DON'T want to have to join in with the bashing I hope it works out.

I feel if they miss the playoffs you could see the whole staff booted GM on down.

Just to be clear, I don't hate Ristolainen. I think he's a talented albeit stupid hockey player. 

I hate Chuck Fletcher for trading a 1st, 2-2nds a 3rd and Ghost for Ristolainen. 

Booting the whole staff, GM on down will solve nothing. The Homer head needs to be removed or he'll just hire another dinosaur thinking gm. 

It's sad that we're supposed to be excited because Homer Jr. brought in a bunch of wrong side of 30 guys as our guiding light going forward. Meanwhile the NHL became a fast young mans game years ago. And we have Nate Thompson. Again.

• Good Post 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Just to be clear, I don't hate Ristolainen.

Just to be clear you have been heard.

I get it you are not alone.

I hope you are wrong. But you could be dead on.

I do not want to have to join you.

I do not want for us to have finally removed Jake only to have replaced him with Risto.

I tried to fair (not that you aren't) but if he sucks i will not try and defend him i will more than likely join you or anyone else wanting his removal. I just don't want to have to.

Can't we have nice things to....can't we get tired of everyone gushing over our team too??

I guess i'll let you know when it happens because i don't want to have to suffer again with a whole year with no good hockey to watch.

I hate Chuck Fletcher for trading a 1st, 2-2nds a 3rd and Ghost for Ristolainen. 

Yes not happy about. And the only justification will a Cup win...anything else will be disappointment.

It's sad that we're supposed to be excited because Homer Jr. brought in a bunch of wrong side of 30 guys as our guiding light going forward.

You're suppose to feel any way you want. At this point none of know. Some of us expect disaster.

Some of us aren't sure (put me in this category) and i guess someone may feel this is going to work.

I guess there may be some that feels this way i just haven't seen them come out and declare such.

All i know it in all our best interest if this all works....

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Some of us aren't sure (put me in this category) and i guess someone may feel this is going to work.

I guess there may be some that feels this way i just haven't seen them come out and declare such

I think it will work. Im not unhappy at all. I applaud Chuck for making the changes. A lot of us were gripping real hard that this team needed to be gutted and changes needed to be made. Well he has moved nearly every part we wanted moved. IMHO he removed the main cancer and has addressed the lack of physicality and leadership. There was a cost, for sure. But the identity and make up are different. There are gambles on players. It may not work. But if it does, it could be something really good to send the franchise in a new direction

Now if you will excuse me, I will put on my orange colored glasses while watching fight videos from the 70s and 80's

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I think it will work. Im not unhappy at all. I applaud Chuck for making the changes. A lot of us were gripping real hard that this team needed to be gutted and changes needed to be made. Well he has moved nearly every part we wanted moved. IMHO he removed the main cancer and has addressed the lack of physicality and leadership. There was a cost, for sure. But the identity and make up are different. There are gambles on players. It may not work. But if it does, it could be something really good to send the franchise in a new direction

Now if you will excuse me, I will put on my orange colored glasses while watching fight videos from the 70s and 80's

Good to hear. I am glad someone was willing to put themselves out there with a positive outlook you're just as right as anyone else at this point.

I hope to be joining you with a relief soon to from the anxiety...I can't stay submerged in bourbon forever...right?

Maybe Chuckles isn't done (looking at you JVR).

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe Chuckles isn't done (looking at you JVR).

In his press availability he sounded like he was done.

The last time he acted like that Jake Voracek went out the door.  So who knows. 

I think the BUG business was more complex than we know.

I think Bernier wanting starter money was problematic.

I truly think he was everyone's first choice except the team that traded for his negotiating rights. When he priced himself out of the Flyers range the dominos really started to fall. I read they looked at Holtby but he wanted to stay out West.  The Elliot carrots were cooked and they wanted a veteran to back up Hart. Anyway, we're all pretty sure Jones was pretty far down the flowchart.  We'll see I reckon, he is far from old my hope is we don't see him for more than 25 games because Hart is playing to his potential.

• Like 2