Draft Time...and I don't mean BEER (unfortunately)

CoachX

The draft is tonight. I think the Flyers pick #14. I keep hearing rumors the pick will be traded. I personally think it will be,  in a Voracek trade. I don't think many will like it, but if Voracek is gone, I'm happy

Some of you have knowledge of who might be available if they keep it. Clue me in    (...and 3,2,1 cue the Pods remark)

No beer for me. Makers 101 is needed

Edited by CoachX

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

The draft is tonight. I think the Flyers pick #14. I keep hearing rumors the pick will be traded. I personally think it will be,  in a Voracek trade. I don't think many will like it, but if Voracek is gone, I'm happy

Some of you have knowledge of who might be available if they keep it. Clue me in    (...and 3,2,1 cue the Pods remark)

No beer for me. Makers 101 is needed

None for you, but I have (and need) it. It's always nice to have a Guinness stout to cry in, when they can't unload Voracek's ridiculously bad contract on someone. 

After everything that has happened regarding the fluffy ginger, I think he has to go. If he was a floater last season, after knowing they want to move him, he'd be atrocious if they didn't. I think that pick is the best leverage to get him out. Maybe they can do it, leave even more cap room, and sign a good FA to fill a need

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I’m predicting Fletcher trades Voracek and this year’s 1st rounder to the Coyotes for Ghost!  Book it!

I'm predicting Voracek and this year's 1st for Valteri Filppula. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I liked Lucius, who didn't go to #18.

I hate Fletcher.  I feel really justified in screaming bloody murder when he was hired.

History is prelude, people. I'm repeatedly exhausted by the existence of clear and readily available track record followed by  "let's give him time; he hasn't even had a chance here yet."  Followed by exactly what was warned about and was patently predictable.   Sorry, but the thought it would be otherwise is simply delusional.

And somewhat pathetic.

Yip...I hate to say I told you so, but....

The guy we were warning the others about...ya, this is him.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I hate Fletcher. 

I don't understand how he could have followed such a good move in trading for Ellis with this.

I guess because if he signed the guys we all mentioned and asked for well....he would have been stuck with all these picks and well we know he just didn't have time for any stinking draft. Poo poo that.

This why he gets to trade a bunch of picks that he doesn't have to worry himself with what to do with them.

Only thing i can envision is the brain trust think they have stolen the second coming of Chris Pronger.

I don't know what else to say about this whole situation but i was looking forward to the draft and free agency but ol Chuckles has now with one swift move taken all that from me.

So yeah F**K CHUCK FLETCHER!!!!!!!

:BrownBag:

@OccamsRazor

In trying to grasp for my last breath of sanity, I lie to myself that there must be some reasoning behind this. Its possible that there is something there that we can't see, and a surprise in looming. Let me say this right away, I DOUBT IT. The only remotely comparable thing I think of is Jon Leclair. He wasn't much better than a good player for 5 seasons in Mtl. Then he exploded in Philly. Again, I DOUBT IT. But like I said, I'm gasping for sanity while suffocating in lunacy

• Annoyed 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Its possible that there is something there that we can't see

I guess i can say i haven't just watched him a whole lot to know how hockey smart he is for sure.

But when i watch some of the film on him i see him having a nasty edge to his game i can only envision they wanted from Phil Myers but he just never showed that mean streak. Risto has that for sure.

I am think their mind set was they would rather have to tame a tiger than try and paint stripes on a kitty.

Which i completely understand. The kid moves very well for a big 6-4 defenseman.

He has a lot of tools to work with i will say he isn't hot garbage but i guess there have been a lot of bad in his game that many (especially Buffalo fans have seen) that many who hate this have seen and expect to drives us nuts here in Philly.

And they may be right.

I thought Travis Sanheim needed a stable stay at home D man type like a David Savard who was out there for just a contract. Not sure if Risto is the sound defensive guy that Sanheim will need to help in their own end.

But i am holding out hope they know way more than i do otherwise it pisses me off they didn't just go sign the best D man out there and kept their assets or at least used them to move Jake Voracek.

I mean damn this same package couldn't have got them Colton Parayko from the Blues instead??

:BrownBag:

I am by no means defending Chuck here, but we have seen this over and over again the past 10 years. I am certain the bean counters are screaming at Holmgren and Scott to get in the playoffs so they can count the receipts with their greasy greedy little Mr Burns fingers. I think that is the pressure he is under, as was Hextall. The corporate pigs know nothing about hockey, they only know how to be selfish greedy cork soakers. And so the Flyer drive for mediocrity goes on.

• Good Post 1

50 minutes ago, CoachX said:

@OccamsRazor

So we have:

Provy/Ellis

TS/Risto

York (?)/Braun

Morin on 3rd pair ?

It does look more physical

I'd almost prefer Morin next to York if they actually are having York start the season in Philly.

I don't have much patience for Braun.   I suppose the reasoning is "veteran with the rookie."   I get that, but I'm not thrilled with the choice of vet.  I suppose we could do worse.

On the other hand, I'd almost argue to put York up next to Risto so one player on that pair can play defence (York) and put Sanheim with Braun so Braun can "stay at home" while Sanheim plays more of a transition/offense guy.