Opinion Article: Giroux a good fit for the Rangers

Digityman

Here's an interesting opinion piece about how Giroux might fit well on the Rangers by Tom Urtz on SB Nation.

He throws out options like:  Vitali Kravtsov, Zac Jones, Matthew Robertson, Brett Berard, Will Cuylle, and even future draft picks

Kravtsov is a interesting prospect.  Top 6er.   

Jones is too small (5'10") and not what the Flyers need.

Robertson is a 20 year old 6'4" 200lb defensemen that would be interesting too.

Berard is a small forward with a decent shot.  He'd be more a of a supplement.

Will Cuylle, now that's more like it.  "Gifted scorer....one of the most naturally gifted one-touch scorers"   6'4" 210lbs.   I'm liking this kid.

Assuming Giroux waves his MNTC, how about Cuylle and Robertson for Giroux.    Any takers?   Is that enough?  

Edited by Digityman

52 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Here's an interesting opinion piece about how Giroux might fit well on the Rangers by Tom Urtz on SB Nation.

He throws out options like:  Vitali Kravtsov, Zac Jones, Matthew Robertson, Brett Berard, Will Cuylle, and even future draft picks

Kravtsov is a interesting prospect.  Top 6er.   

Jones is too small (5'10") and not what the Flyers need.

Robertson is a 20 year old 6'4" 200lb defensemen that would be interesting too.

Berard is a small forward with a decent shot.  He'd be more a of a supplement.

Will Cuylle, now that's more like it.  "Gifted scorer....one of the most naturally gifted one-touch scorers"   6'4" 210lbs.   I'm liking this kid.

Assuming Giroux waves his MNTC, how about Cuylle and Robertson for Giroux.    Any takers?   Is that enough?  

Not just no but HELL NO!!!

16 hours ago, Digityman said:

how about Cuylle and Robertson for Giroux

Yes, plus a pick.

I don't think this is the best deal out there, but it's not horrible if that's what the flyers end up with.

On the other hand, if they give up on Lafreniere and want to throw him in, maybe they can keep their pick.   (i wonder, though, if the Rangers Patricked him)

Trade him to Ottawa, insist on their first, and pray for the ping pong ball.  If Arizona gets it, send them TK, Lindblom, and the pick for theirs.  Actually, offer that to anyone who wins the first overall (if we already have Ottawa's pick).

• Like 2

Maybe we can make Giroux Nashville's problem to flip for assets. How about a Giroux and a pick for Filip Forsberg, who is set to become a UFA in the summer BUT is 27, and we will almost certainly be outbid for him at that point? I would prefer trying to get a player who has some physicality to his game, like the drum I've beaten to death in trading for Brady Tkachuk..but Forsberg would likely be more reasonable to acquire, and 27 is certainly right in his prime at a $6 mil cap hit

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Certainly. But Giroux in a Metro team's sweater would be tough to take. Kind of like Jagr in the O&B. Turned out okay but that one took me awhile...!

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest - it's taking a donut-eating fatso like Hayes from the Rangers and paying him $7M/yr that is hard to take in my book.  If Giroux went to the Penguins I would wish him well and never think of him again.

8 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Maybe we can make Giroux Nashville's problem to flip for assets. How about a Giroux and a pick for Filip Forsberg, who is set to become a UFA in the summer BUT is 27, and we will almost certainly be outbid for him at that point? I would prefer trying to get a player who has some physicality to his game, like the drum I've beaten to death in trading for Brady Tkachuk..but Forsberg would likely be more reasonable to acquire, and 27 is certainly right in his prime at a $6 mil cap hit

yes please.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:36 AM, flyercanuck said:

I'm pretty sure Fletcher has made it perfectly clear, following in Homers footsteps, that if he covets someone, nobody is going to outbid him.

You know what that means...JVR, Farabee and a 1st and 3rd to the Wild for Victor Rask! 🎉🍾