Tony D'Angelo for 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

You brought in 2 of THE worst defensive players in hockey and all is cost was a 1st,3-2nds, 3rd, 4th 7th Ghost and Hagg.

Now that is some asset management right there!

to Fletcher .....

image.jpeg.56f9c4ff990a0ca6aa8fc68dbc73623c.jpeg

image.jpeg.d44f765de317ca79a9bf27f35c767fb2.jpeg

The 13 Most Ridiculous Insults From Chef Gordon Ramsay

Edited by pilldoc

My biggest gripe with the damn trade is I think a 3rd and 4th should have been enough for the RFA no one was going to trade more for.

But no as others joke Chuck had to throw a goddamn 2nd in there.

Canes weren't going to give him that contract.

🤬

Edited by OccamsRazor
#Bourbon up
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

My biggest gripe with the damn trade is I think a 3rd and 4th should have been enough for the RFA no one was going to trade more for.

But no as others joke Chuck had to throw a goddamn 2nd in there.

Canes weren't going to give him that contract.

🤬

Or....he could have just signed him Wednesday like every other GM does.

• Like 3

If the team doesn't play .500 hockey by Black Friday, I think CF is gone.  At this juncture, blaming the coach won't work any more.  The fans and press will cut some slack, but sub-.500, particularly if there is significant opponent outscoring, ends his reign.  What's screwy?  Scott offed Hexy due to lack of action.  CF is trading full bore, but the results are still mediocre, and he is mortgaging the team's future.  BTW, if Ellis goes on LTIR, CF will start the season on even thinner ice.  I am done trying to figure it out.  Worse still--he might denude the team's prospects to get a Kadri, Gaudreau, or whomever.  Yeah...the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...we will get some aging superstar while wondering if we can put together serviceable 2nd, 3rd, and maybe even 4th lines.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Or....he could have just signed him Wednesday like every other GM does.

Only other guy he is outsmarting in the dude staring at him in the mirror every morning....

:CelebratingSmiley2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here is the most worrisome thing to me...

They hired a coach to implement structure and defense, yet are prioritizing players who bring the opposite. This isn’t exactly making life easy for Torts. There are a lot of square pegs he’s going to be trying to fit into round holes.

Torts made it very clear in an interview with Taryn Hatcher that he noted that he sensed the Flyers’ locker room was “a bit splintered, not together.” 

If a splintered locker room is a legitimate problem — and Torts clearly believes that it is (as I mentioned above) — how does buying out one of the most beloved players in that locker room, one who proved via his inspirational comeback from cancer to every single player in the room that he cares as much as anyone about helping this team win no matter the sacrifices necessary, serve that goal?

Isn’t this a team that needs more players like that, not fewer? 

Then this team has the audacity to bring in a player like D'Angelo who has an extremely checkered past and Fletch wants the fans to buy into this .......

Back to Tortorella’s opening press conference:

“I want our fans to be proud of us, how we look, how we present ourselves, how we attack the game, how we handle situations in the blue paint, and if you’re talking on the ice, how we stick up for each other in certain situations. I want people to be proud of that,” he explained. 

How does essentially swapping Lindblom for DeAngelo fit at all with that mandate? How does that make the fans “proud” of the team?

This FO is so out of touch with reality that it is sickening ......

I can go on and on and on .......  

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

On 7/11/2022 at 2:53 PM, pilldoc said:
  On 7/11/2022 at 1:09 PM, flyercanuck said:

You brought in 2 of THE worst defensive players in hockey and all is cost was a 1st,3-2nds, 3rd, 4th 7th Ghost and Hagg.

I'm hoping there is someone above him that reads this sentence.   That should be enough to open eyes even for non-hockey people.  

Well said.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I'm hoping there is someone above him that reads this sentence.   That should be enough to open eyes even for non-hockey people.  

Well said.

Hey maybe that is the plan the powers that be are high fiving saying - Bedard is ours in 2023!!!

But no if that happens i could never give them the credit of them smart enough to have been the plan they just bombed again and where they ended up with the 2nd pick over all once again...

:bonkingheadonwall:

• Haha 2

On 7/9/2022 at 12:20 PM, radoran said:

They SIGNED Yandle 😃

And they portray this as "success" - we'll see...

Yeah, the bar for success is low for this organization, lowered even more by Yandle's signing.

Certainly not bowled over by the acquiring DeAngelo.  But, also not getting the comparisons to Ghost some are making.

On 7/9/2022 at 12:20 PM, radoran said:

I get the situation, but it remains that the Flyers just gave up three draft picks to sign a guy with questionable character that they could have had for nothing.

Yeah, the questionable character stuff is the issue.  Even if he could have been had for nothing, it's just stupid.

2 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Don't worry if they can beat em then they just beat em like the old days...

Every day it gets funnier and funnier...

...aren't they bringing McEwen back?

So why do they need Nic too?

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Don't worry if they can beat em then they just beat em like the old days...

Every day it gets funnier and funnier...

...aren't they bringing McEwen back?

So why do they need Nic too?

it's the 1-2 punch that puts us over the top, just like Sylvester Stallone in the arm wrestling classic, Over The Top.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, vis said:

But, also not getting the comparisons to Ghost some are making.

D'Angelo had 82 points in his first two seasons with the Rangers.

Gotstobethere had 85 in his first two seasons for the Flyers.

D'Angelo had 51 points last season.

Gotstobethere had 51 point last season.

D'Angelo is signed for $5M.

Gotstobethere is signed for $4.5M

D'Angelo cost 3 draft picks to get

Gotstobethere  cost two draft picks to get rid of.

The comparison isn't entirely off base...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, radoran said:

The comparison isn't entirely off base...

Not entirely off, but not entirely on either.  There’s an age difference.  Different number of games played.  DeAngelo’s stats did have not fallen off like Ghost’s did until last year’s rebound.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vis said:

Not entirely off, but not entirely on either.  There’s an age difference.  Different number of games played.  DeAngelo’s stats did have not fallen off like Ghost’s did until last year’s rebound.  

True.

And by all account Ghost was a quality locker room guy.

There are obvious differences.