Coots Injured….listed as week to week with upper body injury

RonJeremy

My broken record modified:  Opening to Black Friday will be even messier than we could imagine. If we are lucky, Torts' input coupled with upside surprises from the youngins leads to a more bearable 2/3rds to close.  I have to agree with the pundits that the one plus that could come from this season is the young players showing potential.  They should have plenty of opportunity to strut their stuff. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

My broken record modified:  Opening to Black Friday will be even messier than we could imagine. If we are lucky, Torts' input coupled with upside surprises from the youngins leads to a more bearable 2/3rds to close.  I have to agree with the pundits that the one plus that could come from this season is the young players showing potential.  They should have plenty of opportunity to strut their stuff. 

Which youngins? Deslaurier? Anisimov? Roussel? Braun? Atkinson? JVR? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Which youngins? Deslaurier? Anisimov? Roussel? Braun? Atkinson? JVR? 

Cates Bros, maybe Attard, Tippett, etc.  Agreed--the Deslaurier signing looks even stranger in this setting--it blocks a youngster.  On the other hand, maybe he defends the youngsters instead of the missing-in-action old farts.  

25 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Should have traded him for a king's ransom instead of re-signing him.  Duh.

Right but when they did they were definitely a playoff team that was going to make some noise in the playoffs and bring back their longest tenured captain for what would finally be the run of success they'd been predicting for 10 years.

No, really. That was the plan.

Happy Excuse Me GIF

OK, so, now for the NEXT plan...

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

There are aspects of LTIR that are complicated.  But, not when it comes to ACSL and determining the relief, which is what matters regarding this discussion.  That is simple math as shown in the equations, which is why I linked that FAQ.  It's explained very well.

Yeah, great, I was responding to RonJeremy who indicated they could get them $13M in space when you decided to correct me by showing that I was right.

It is complicated.

Good work.

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

You don't "have" to be at or near the cap ceiling to benefit from LTIR. 

True, but having $14M.in dead space and getting $1M in space is still different.

But please continue to split hairs.

• Haha 1

I wonder if we see the newly-appointed VP assume CF's role sooner than later when CF will be kicked upstairs to some Senior Advisor role or if Scott himself retires?  

Torts becomes the glue by default. It has to be crystal clear that coaching has never been the big issue. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Howie58 said:

assuming they stay healthy

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Cates Bros, maybe Attard, Tippett, etc.  Agreed--the Deslaurier signing looks even stranger in this setting--it blocks a youngster.  On the other hand, maybe he defends the youngsters instead of the missing-in-action old farts.  

Yep. 100% like having security for the youngsters. Now all we need is some youngsters. How many times does the chucktard have to be hit upside the head to figure things out. Its a youngster game. This process of signing old men doesn't work. Whats the over under game for Atkinson to suffer a season ending injury? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Yep. 100% like having security for the youngsters. Now all we need is some youngsters. How many times does the chucktard have to be hit upside the head to figure things out. Its a youngster game. This process of signing old men doesn't work. Whats the over under game for Atkinson to suffer a season ending injury? 

We have key guys who are over 30 that are breaking down and we go out and sign,.Brassard, Thompson, Charlie Brown and Yandle, all were colossal failires.. The injuries of course continue and  what do we do....we sign talentless goons and invite more over 30 washed up stiffs to camp . Great moves. Scorong goals is the biggest weakness among many and you play these pieces of crap who are career 5 goal scorers over the young guys and then you wonder why they don't develop and you lose the games anyway.

• Like 1

Just incredible. He gets cleared to play and a week later he's out for 6-8 weeks - best case - with a herniated disk. And as @Howie58 said he's not a "young 29" there's a lot of hard miles on those legs. Well maybe it's not too bad, depends how herniated it is and whether it responds to steroids - or whatever the crack(head) Flyers' medical staff comes up with to treat him. If I was Sean I'd seek a 2nd and then a 3rd opinion.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 6:37 PM, RonJeremy said:

They are saying it’s another back injury,  a herniated disk, since they allegedly repaired his original back injury , it must be a second herniated disk. It seems he injured himself during off ice training, I guess in the gym? They are saying he may be out 12 weeks. Which means ,even if he comes back, he will be ineffective and probably in and out of the lineup. Once you have recurring back problems your back is always stiff and periodically you have to get epidurals and are sometimes laid up for weeks at a time. I have had recurring back injuries and surgery, so I know.

Off ice training? I wonder if this is a little like the Eichel injury (where he got it from lifting too much weight in his off ice training). Could be a long term and recurring thing. 

2 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

The issue for him is having an inferior goaltending coach in Dillabaugh who is incapable of teaching Carter how to take his game to the next level.

I wish you'd said something sooner.  🙃

You're not wrong.  Just trying to hit my daily sarcasm quota.

• Haha 2