Game 21: Pittsburgh Penguins at Philadelphia Flyers; 11/25/22 @ 5:30, TNT

Howie58

Greetings:

Pittsburgh is the favorite (-226) with a 65% win probability.  It looks like Jarry versus Hart between the pipes. Here is our projected lineup:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/pit-vs-phi/2022/11/25/2022020324  Crosby has 11 points over the last five games.  

Maybe a combo of Black Friday and the Penguins ends the streak.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Maybe a combo of Black Friday and the Penguins ends the streak.  

Sure why not? Flyers/Pens usually brings out the Flyers' best. Of course the "Flyers' best" this year isn't so great, but if Hart plays well and they keep the coverage mistakes down to a bare minimum...why not? Like you say Black Friday, early start, at home...it's possible anyway!

Greetings:

More from the bookies.  When we are +190 or higher (like today), the team is 1-5.  Perhaps the bookies know something.  Over the last 10 games, we have given up 3.2 goals.  The D of the first 10 is wearing off.  It seems we are back to the Hakstol and Yeo days where winning meant a combination of stand-on-head goaltending with an "outburst" of scoring.  And that generally meant our opponents outshot us!  

Man...I know some of you made a bit of noise about the Flyers' uniforms, but I am just getting a look at them myself during this game.

A case where I can see why some of you were in an uproar.
Unis themselves aren't bad.....but they just don't say "Flyers" to me.

Quick tune into the game and I had to do a double take to see who the Pens were playing!

Not an excuse but the Pens are putting on a clinic defensively. They are stifling the passing lanes on the Flyers' breakouts, swarming the puck carrier. The only way to beat that is with tight puck support, give your puck-carrier short targets to make quick passes. But the Flyers can't seem to adjust to do that.

1 minute ago, mkscrewy said:

this whole game is very shameful. they broadcast is roasting the flyers on national TV and the Pens are eating them alive on the ice. They are, in fact, "going through the motions."

They even posted a tweet or whatever on firing Fletcher!

This is ridiculous. It's like the Pens are on a permanent PP they outnumber the Flyers on every puck battle - for one reason or another - slow line change, slow skating, bad dump in etc etc.

And it's pretty sad when you give up 2 goals to 4th liners.

another sad stat: after 2 Jeff Carter was 12-0 in the face off circle. Carter got to be a good FO guy with the Flyers but nobody should be able to go 12-0. That's proof enough the Flyers just didn't come to work today. On home ice, to get totally owned like that...Unreal.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

7 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

This is ridiculous. It's like the Pens are on a permanent PP they outnumber the Flyers on every puck battle - for one reason or another - slow line change, slow skating, bad dump in etc etc.

And it's pretty sad when you give up 2 goals to 4th liners.

another sad stat: after 2 Jeff Carter was 12-0 in the face off circle. Unreal.

I love it!

I just want the losses to keep piling up that way we  get a high pick, we are assured that Fletcher is thrown out and hopefully the entire upper management gets fired too. To be honest , I don’t want Coots , Ellis or Atkinson to come back, I want them to retire.  If these vets don’t come back there is no way to rationalize anything other than a total rebuild. It’ would be a blessing to get out from under these horrible long term contracts for aging injured players. Even if Coots came back, having L5  back surgery twice and expecting to make it back to play 80 plus games at a high level  is never gonna happen plus he has neuropathy. I had the same surgery and I was never able to play hockey and skate like before and I have neuropathy which causes tingling in my feet and a loss of leg strength.I was a hunchback after every game for three or four days. I played once a week imagine the grind of a full season and playoffs. Forget it. Love Coots and Atkinson has been good but we are better off getting out from under these contracts rather than to have Coots in and out of the lineup and hanging on for another two years. We can use the Cap space to help rebuild. Keep the losses coming.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

20 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

How can this stiff Fletcher still have a job in the NHL?!

Oooh ooooh....I have this one, professor. Fletcher still has a job in the NHL, because Holmgren and Scott are even bigger morons, than he is. So is Bob Clarke. I just wanted to throw his name in there, 'cause it makes me feel better.

• Like 2