Game 22: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Islanders; 11/26/22 at 7:30 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Price him right and anyone is tradeable. Even Hayes and Ristolainen. All it takes is the willingness to admit mistakes, an understanding it’s time to start over. That’s not exactly the Flyers M.O. but the weak ticket sales / merchandise sales, plus the Booos will eventually take effect.

Evidently Tortorella has no use for Hayes. Tonight he’s got him skating on the 3rd line and he’s on the wing, just one of many games Hayes has been demoted. And he’s got another point, an A on Sedlak’s goal…

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Price him right and anyone is tradeable. Even Hayes and Ristolainen. All it takes is the willingness to admit mistakes, an understanding it’s time to start over. That’s not exactly the Flyers M.O. but the weak ticket sales / merchandise sales, plus the Booos will eventually take effect.

Evidently Tortorella has no use for Hayes. Tonight he’s got him skating on the 3rd line and he’s on the wing, just one of many games Hayes has been demoted. And he’s got another point, an A on Sedlak’s goal…

Except that Chuck gave away all his 2nd round picks he “had” to give to other teams to take our players to make a “trade.”  It’s the only way he knows to make trades. ****** moron. (Chuck, not you)

• Like 1

Well I think most you can puck up is 50% of their salaries to be able to move them.

I'm good with that not to ever have to see them skating in Philly again.

So now find a taker...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

Except that Chuck gave away all his 2nd round picks he “had” to give to other teams to take our players to make a “trade.”

yeah that's one reason why I call him a Homer-clone - giving away 2R picks. As if the Flyers are just a FA away being Cup favorites. Delusional. He has GOT to go before the TD.

Well, Torts inherits the mantle of a 10-bagger from Yeo-AV. It is sad. Last night we flat out sucked. Tonight, we held our own for two periods and imploded in the third. The fifth was weak. But the others were lapses or good plays. Still, we aren't competitive. And there are no patsies in the next few. 

The PP is ...And we continue a theme from prior seasons--outshooting the opponent but losing. 

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yeah the 3rd line has been real good. Hayes has 2 assists, Sedlak with a goal Farabee with a goal. Shame the PK couldn't get it done - what else is new...

Still - 2-2 after 2 is not bad on the road - and the effort and hustle is like night and day from last night.

good lord... weak clear = 3-2... 20 seconds later Hayes turnover = 4-2. Pretty good game before those stupid mistakes.

Wow Sandstrom ... Parise shoots 2 steps from the end line practically a 90-degree angle shot.

Once again the PK can't get the job done...5-2 goodnight nurse.

LOL.  Dude, when are you going to learn.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

The guy who wrote that story is a moron.

I can't imagine being concerned that Torts is hurting Hayes' trade value.  He has none.

You know who hurt Hayes trade value?  Hayes.

Dude is a fat, floating stiff with zero leadership abilities.

He is not admired around the league - he's a joke around the league.

and yet he's the best player on the ice for them - which doesn't say anything about him being any good at all. 

6 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

and yet he's the best player on the ice for them - which doesn't say anything about him being any good at all. 

No....no he's not. A guy who scores a goal and is responsible for 3 against is NOT...I repeat NOT the best player on the ice for them. He turns the puck over so much, and then is the last guy back. Its pathetic.

Speaking of pathetic...Fletcher just recorded his FIFTH 10 game losing streak in just over 4 years as GM. Congratulations Chuckie.

All other Flyer GMs combined have 4.

image.jpeg.2747023b69f7159c86e4324185a7c507.jpeg

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Uggh... 1

7 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

LOL.  Dude, when are you going to learn.

learn what exactly? That it's better to post - for the umpteenth time -that the Flyers are doomed, the Flyers suck and Fletcher and the suits must go (i'm guilty of that one)? The Flyers have been my fav team going back to the BSB. Bailing on them when they're struggling...they have a name for that. But who cares? I just like seeing the Flyers play, win lose or shootout.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

learn what exactly? That it's better to post - for the umpteenth time -that the Flyers are doomed, the Flyers suck and Fletcher and the suits must go (i'm guilty of that one)? The Flyers have been my fav team going back to the BSB. Bailing on them when they're struggling...they have a name for that. But who cares? I just like seeing the Flyers play, win lose or shootout.

Also a very long time Flyer fan. I stuck with them through every other bad time. But the ONLY way this gets fixed is by NOT watching them, NOT buying merch and complaining about their ineptitude in any media available. The entire org is run by people who don't have an iota of a clue as to how to succeed in the NHL today. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I respect your choice. I know there are no “fair weather fans” on this board. And I agree with you about not spending a penny on this organization. But watching the games is free; the websites are not hard to find. Or 10 bucks a month for ESPN+ / NHL Center Ice. 

If nobody watches...Comcast might get the point. Just sayin'. 

On 11/26/2022 at 9:38 AM, Howie58 said:

I am questioning my loyalty to this franchise. The respect I had as a child and younger adult is disintegrating. I set up these game threads out of respect for this gang, but wonder why? That is isn't a comment on the board. It's a comment on my disgust with this franchise and the lack of progress since fleeing Philly.com 11 years ago!

I find myself doing the same. I am losing respect for them as a hockey franchise, a business, and a figure in the community.

We all know it's hard to have sustained success in professional sports. But the flyers used to be one of those teams to do it. They had some bad seasons but usually rebounded fairly quickly. They've been average to really bad for 10+ years now, and I don't even think they're at rock bottom yet.

As a business, I'm having trouble with their business model. I have a group of about 20 friends that have a black Friday game tradition for about 15 years now. It made me sick to spend money on that game Friday. This team is bad, and they are expected to be one of the worst teams in the league. $90 per ticket!!! Went for something to eat-$24 for cheesesteak and fries!!! Again, I'm sick that I contributed to that. If it wasn't for tradition, I'm not contributing 1 cent to them anymore. 

And what happened to flyers fans? The team is down 0-4, and the camera keeps showing entire groups of fans standing and dancing. Gritty is hopping from section to section firing up the crowd. I understand making the kids have fun, but flyers fans are really soft these days. When they finally got a goal, everyone jumped for joy and started high fiving. I couldn't get up. A kid tried to high five me but I just shook my head.

I know this may be over critical because the organization does give a lot to the community, but something from their charity made me shake my head also. For those that listen to Preston and Steve on wmmr, they know about their campout for hunger fund raiser. I don't think there was one "organization" that donated less than $10k. Even some individuals donated $10k. Low end businesses like five blow donated $10k. What did the flyers charities donate...$5k. It just made me feel like this organization has fallen so far in every aspect.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3

1 hour ago, MaineFlyFan said:

If a storied franchise implodes, and no one is watching.... does it make a sound?

Haven't been posting much because what can I possibly add to what you all are saying. This is a disaster. I dropped center ice 3 years ago and stopped DVRing and watching EVERY game like 2 years ago. I have actually "Adjusted" to life without the Flyers.... too bad. Used to be a HUGE part of my winter.

My daughter and I TRIED to keep up the annual tradition of getting down to Boston for a pre-season game.... We left in the 3rd. Free tickets. My boy doesn't even want to go anymore. Used to be a HUGE Joel Farabee fan (took his number for soccer).... now he could care less about the Flyers.

Really is sad. I'm bummed but "moving on" until this organization wakes up and sees the error of their ways. I'm still a "Flyers Fan" I guess, But I just tell al lot less people that these days......I just do not see any kind of plan or execution by upper management. I knew we were screwd when we did ABSOLUETLY NOTHING to make this team anybetter this year. NOTHING. (Except Torts). This is not a "fix it in a year" type problem. It will be a WHILE before this team is competitive again. SO SO Sorry Carter Hart. You deserve better!

I appreciate all you loyal posters.  I might not agree with you all on every topic, but I appreciate your providing content on this fine forum. Especially those like "tropical fruit girl" and YAVE who come from other teams and add excellent insight from OUTSIDE our orange tinged hell....

Wishing you all a happy holiday season and hoping 2023 starts turning things around a bit for everyone!

I'm right with you. My 9 year old daughter went to the phantoms game with a friend last night. She sent me pictures and videos all night because she was so excited to have interest in something I had a passion for before. It breaks my heart to not have as much interest as I should in what she sent me. I'm glad she had fun but I'm just numb to it right now.

I'm taking her to a flyers game in February. I don't care about the team. I will just look at it as a bonding experience for us.

Maybe she's becoming a fan at the right time. Things SHOULD only go up from here.

• Like 2

In other news, I'll flat out say it. Both the Phantoms and the Flyers, are a complete train wreck. In fact...the two year old franchise, known as the Seattle Kraken, are a better, more talented hockey team, than this Flyers one. I just looked it up...Martin Jones, of all goalies, has won 6 out of his last 8 starts. UN-believable. :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

In other news, I'll flat out say it. Both the Phantoms and the Flyers, are a complete train wreck. In fact...the two year old franchise, known as the Seattle Kraken, are a better, more talented hockey team, than this Flyers one. I just looked it up...Martin Jones, of all goalies, has won 6 out of his last 8 starts. UN-believable. :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Ya, Jones has been really good for them. He's their #1 right now. Beniers is outstanding. They have more talent on their roster than the Flyers do for sure. 

All the people complaining now about the Flyers and announcing they're going to quit being fans, why didn't you quit in the off season? Don't think anybody with a brain figured the Flyers were going to be any good this year. Did they? I doubt Fletcher has a single fan outside of the front office lack of brain trust. Everybody knows and knew this team was going to suck. A little effort and a little fight is all Torts was going to be able to get out of them and he has done that. 

We're all waiting for the clean out clear out and then the lottery and if we don't get good results on any of that, well then they'll suck next year too. 

• Uggh... 1

18 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Ya, Jones has been really good for them. He's their #1 right now. Beniers is outstanding. They have more talent on their roster than the Flyers do for sure. 

All the people complaining now about the Flyers and announcing they're going to quit being fans, why didn't you quit in the off season? Don't think anybody with a brain figured the Flyers were going to be any good this year. Did they? I doubt Fletcher has a single fan outside of the front office lack of brain trust. Everybody knows and knew this team was going to suck. A little effort and a little fight is all Torts was going to be able to get out of them and he has done that. 

We're all waiting for the clean out clear out and then the lottery and if we don't get good results on any of that, well then they'll suck next year too. 

They're going to suck next year anyway. And the year after. It's going to take 5 years AFTER Fletcher and co. are gone to dig the team out of this steaming pile of shite they've put us in.