Any players worth trading?

Fizz

8 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Nobody wants Hayes gone more than me but I don’t think this is a very good idea. Just on GP. Paying him to play in Philly is bad enough…

Buyouts cost the team cap space and the payments are spread out for twice as many years as remain on the contract. He’s got 4 or 5 years left. Buyouts are just crazy. Have Hayes eat up cap space for the next TEN fkng years? No. Don’t do it.

The Flyers are still paying Bryzgalov for chrissakes…

edit: I heartily support the impulse to get rid of him just don’t hamstring the team even worse than it already is with another buyout.

Ya, I don't really like buyouts either. 

Flyers new GM : I'm reaally nervous...I hope I don't screw this up.

Holmgren still paying Bryz with Comcasts money a decade after he was bought out and Fletcher paying Hayes/Risto/Couturier/Ellis $27million a year to do nothing: The more you screw up, the bigger the promotion.

12 hours ago, radoran said:

There is no way Chuck Fletcher buys out Kevin Hayes.

No. Way.

Agreed. Why would he? Hayes now has "All-Star" on his resume, he's putting up close to a point/game - and of course Fletcher is the guy who signed him just a few years ago. I'm sure around the C-suite Hayes is viewed as a great hire, him and Ristolainen both.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Agreed. Why would he? Hayes now has "All-Star" on his resume, he's putting up close to a point/game - and of course Fletcher is the guy who signed him just a few years ago. I'm sure around the C-suite Hayes is viewed as a great hire, him and Ristolainen both.

Absolutely! I mean 5 years later, Fletcher almost has the team as good as when Hextall was fired....except the part where they're right back in cap hell again.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

except the part where they're right back in cap hell again.

That they are. And…except that now the future looks pretty bleak.

With Hextall at least there was some hope for the future and it was based on an actual plan. No guarantees but it sure was better than repeating (yet again) the Anything Can Happen “plan” that had never worked. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 5:08 PM, GratefulFlyers said:

And…except that now the future looks pretty bleak.

I would just move Hayes JVR, Seeler and Braun.

Trade Ivan and Konecny if the fans really want i am not going to stand in the way.

Roll with this next season.

Farabee - Frost - Tippett

Foerster - Cates - Allison

Desnoyers - Laughton - Brink

Deslauriers - Laczynski - Lycksell

York - Attard

Ginning - Ristolainen 

Zamula - Deangelo

Hart

Sandstrom

Not even going to worry where Couturier or Atkinson fit in assume they stay IRd or if Coots come back bump the center down till you can figure out what to do with him. No biggie.

Maybe you could move Atiknson. Not going to dwell on this ascpect if you have to then play him till he is gone bump the RW down i guess till room is available.

Denagelo for whatever at the deadline for whatever pick and prospect back.

I can see this team finishing next season maybe 12th. We'll discuss once they've gone that far. We'll know about the kids by then.

Don't GAF what the record would be i want a year to clear out the team. So much to wade through here still.

• Like 1

Stumbled across this worth a glance and prayer...

Move over Nick Seeler: If the Flyers are serious about parting with some term contracts Rasmus Ristolainen’s value could never be higher

https://flyersnittygritty.com/move-over-nick-seeler-if-the-flyers-are-serious-about-parting-with-some-term-contracts-rasmus-ristolainens-value-could-never-be-higher/

“He’s our most improved player,” John Tortorella said of Rasmus Ristolainen last week

8E9A36D8-3818-4DBE-A339-B5F007242757.webp.09b1fb175519279b7511d7672b662609.webp

Thoughts?? Worries??? Complaints welcome. Spitballin...

• Like 1

I'm so over it with this team.

9 can go, 24 can go, 55 can go 77, **** if anyone would take 6 at that contract sai chen buddy. 

Is there a player on the blue line playing well? York? maybe?

Even though he's a talent yada yada yada...Ivan Provorov is playing his way out of Philadelphia, he's getting dumber by the day.

It looks to me like his GSI...That's give a **** index for those who don't work with me, is at an all-time low. 

He could bring back good assets, time to turn him into a shot to pick or develop a player that can be what he was projected to be.

I'm sick of watching him pass to the opposition in the slot off his backhand. 

I can't imagine the coach is enamored with him either. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

9 can go, 24 can go, 55 can go 77, **** if anyone would take 6 at that contract sai chen buddy. 

Even though he's a talent yada yada yada...Ivan Provorov is playing his way out of Philadelphia, he's getting dumber by the day.

It looks to me like his GSI...That's give a **** index for those who don't work with me, is at an all-time low. 

He could bring back good assets, time to turn him into a shot to pick or develop a player that can be what he was projected to be.

I agree to agree.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Well they have moved Jake and Giroux is gone only the Flyer's brass is dumb enough to do all that and NOT embrace a full rebuild.

As far as the blueline goes you have kids to start the rebuild with.

York

Attard

Zamula

Ginning

Wylie

Connauton (can be your Sheppard for the flock next season since he is already under contract next season)

Belpedio 

You could trade every asset on the Flyers by this offseason and just promote the kids and go sign fill in types for the meantime.

Sure it is a lot but you just have to commit. Go ahead and let's bring Emil Andrea over and start grooming him for the star leading role.

But we know they will never do something like that because they always over value their assets. 

• Like 1

I have a horrible feeling, that Chuckles is only going to be able to move a guy like Braun, again. Dear God, I hope I'm wrong. Fletcher has been such an incredibly underwhelming GM. That being said, unless I'm absolutely blown away with an offer, I'm not even considering moving Carter Hart. Besides Hart, though, there are no untouchable players on this roster. I hope they can find a way to get what they can for JVR, a pick..whatever, and move on. Same with Hayes..though I wonder how much they can get for a guy like that, at his salary and coming off a significant injury. I would shop Provy, too, in the right deal. I mean...if some deal can improve our chances to draft Bedard, by moving some of these players to a team with a worse record than ours..then we should do so.

• Like 2

IMHO, I have no issue or fan attachment to anyone on this roster. Most of the young guys I pity them coming into the dysfunctional environment that the Flyers are. Sadly, the contract and cap hell that the current idiot of hockey ops has created takes away any and all anticipation about trade deadline day. And my final thought for now, trading players for future assets is even a fools errand right now with the way the Flyers seem to diminish young talent. It is really sad for me to see how irrelevant the Flyers are in hockeyville right now. I don't want this GM to even show up for work, let alone make any more hockey deals. If they are hiring a new GM between now and deadline day, the entire roster is up for grabs for the right return.

• Like 4

Like rad said...you can trade the entire team...but if the current management is trading it, you're only going to get worse. And not worse in the yay we're dead last and a great shot at Bedard worse...worse in the how in the hell do you trade ALL that and get 5 long term overpaid barely NHL calibre Minnesotans in return?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

On 2/20/2023 at 4:58 PM, flyercanuck said:

Like rad said...you can trade the entire team...but if the current management is trading it, you're only going to get worse. And not worse in the yay we're dead last and a great shot at Bedard worse...worse in the how in the hell do you trade ALL that and get 5 long term overpaid barely NHL calibre Minnesotans in return?

Guess we can add Joel to the trade me list now too...what a black eye this club has no ruined their image for what?

Farabee is 22 and he's got a "camp?" He's got 9 goals and supposedly he's unhappy with Tortorella?

I could understand Sanheim pitching a bitch about getting benched at the one "home" game he gets all year...that was kind of a dick move by Tortorella. But Farabee? For whatever reason it's clear Farabee is struggling to play at his former high level. It's hard to see how that's the coach's fault...

Just when I thought things couldn't get any more fkdup for the Flyers ...

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1

4 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Farabee is 22 and he's got a "camp?" He's got 9 goals and supposedly he's unhappy with Tortorella?

I could understand Sanheim pitching a bitch about getting benched at the one "home" game he gets all year...that was kind of a dick move by Tortorella. But Farabee? For whatever reason it's clear Farabee is struggling to play at his former high level. It's hard to see how that's the coach's fault...

Chuck Fletcher's aggressive retool and transactions....

:BrownBag:

8 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Well I think we all knew going in to the season that there would be some players that love Torts and some that would want out. I'm actually surprised it's as few as it is. If Farabee wants out ship him out. If you're actually trying to build a work hard team first culture, everybody who doesn't buy in to that fully has to go. 

• Good Post 1

6 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Well I think we all knew going in to the season that there would be some players that love Torts and some that would want out. I'm actually surprised it's as few as it is. If Farabee wants out ship him out. If you're actually trying to build a work hard team first culture, everybody who doesn't buy in to that fully has to go. 

Agreed but we don’t know he wants out we only know some guy tweeted his camp (!) is “voicing” concern or displeasure- whatever it was. 

I never thought much of Tortorella’s methods, at least the way they’ve been reported over the years. If he’s truly a hardass coach - great, these guys could probably use a friendly kick in the butt. But is it friendly? Constructive? If not, his time in Philly will be short, which is fine by me. He really soured me when he benched Sanheim when he did. I’m sure he had his reasons but it’s hard to see how that would do anything but create resentment. 

17 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

If you mean agent. Then sure why would he not have an agent?

One of the agent's jobs is to be a douche so the player can be seen as being a humble, hard-working guy, just trying to help the team win....

I cannot imagine one single player who is loving where the Flyers are right now.

These guys can read and see what's happening around the league. They see lots of teams making efforts to improve themselves.

The Flyers are not. What are they doing?

Hoping?

Imagine being a young guy who gets drafted by an NHL signature franchise only to find it is run by morons.

Then imagine you sustain an injury and you work hard to get back in the line-up of a team that struggles to score and won't win unless they play mistake free hockey.

Coach is riding your ass because, he thinks you should be better, but the injury kept you from building your body over the summer and now you're just physically whooped 3/4 of the way through the season.

It sucks.

I wouldn't be happy either. 

I wonder if we do little at the deadline because the higher-ups are seeing the light and don't want Fletcher to do more damage?  Seriously, I could see them moving him upstairs and putting this new CEO or Briere in at season's end and let the newbie deal with draft, etc.  

The cap situation can't be stared down.  Folks on IR....poop happens.  But our salary cap mess is terrible with little to show in performance.  I look at what Boston did yesterday with Orlov and say, wow...smart moves...and they had flexibility.  With the Flyers, I agree with O'Connor, it is likely to be more like Ghost; shedding and getting nothing in return.  

11 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I wonder if we do little at the deadline because the higher-ups are seeing the light and don't want Fletcher to do more damage?  Seriously, I could see them moving him upstairs and putting this new CEO or Briere in at season's end and let the newbie deal with draft, etc.  

The cap situation can't be stared down.  Folks on IR....poop happens.  But our salary cap mess is terrible with little to show in performance.  I look at what Boston did yesterday with Orlov and say, wow...smart moves...and they had flexibility.  With the Flyers, I agree with O'Connor, it is likely to be more like Ghost; shedding and getting nothing in return.  

If anything at all happens it will more than likely be Chuck just gather any scraps he can find left around the NHL just to show he tried.

All I know is I can not take another year as him as a GM.

I don't even care who replaces him go find a kindergarten kid and hand him a box of crayons and it will be an improvement just remove him from the title.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

With the Flyers, I agree with O'Connor, it is likely to be more like Ghost; shedding and getting nothing in return.  

I didn't see what O'Connor said but that sounds way too hopeful to me. Fletcher and Co. shedding salary? That would imply they have a plan and I just don't buy it. They've been in BUY HIGH / SELL LOW mode for 4 years now and I doubt they'll change course while Fletcher is GM. If they do shed salary - beyond moving JVR I mean - it'll be to buy some other broken-down-but-still-shiny expensive veteran.

Edited by GratefulFlyers