Any players worth trading?

Fizz

If he can't get something from someone for JVR he's Chuck Fletcher.

Would not surprise me to see Provorov moved.

Braun in the "everyone needs defense" sense. He returned a third last year. Not a bad $1M investment.

I don't think they have much interest in moving anyone else, but anyone's available in the right deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

If he can't get something from someone for JVR he's Chuck Fletcher.

JVR with his 8 big goals this year and his 21 points … I’m sure PO teams will be lining up for his services. Besides his point production you also get his … his uhh … well whaddya want for a lousy $7 million?!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fizz said:

Will Chuck make any trades, do the Flyers even have any players playoff teams might want?

Inquiring minds want to know 😁

The question is...do YOU want Chuck making any trades?

I'd like to keep the draft picks he hasn't thrown away. I'm not a fan of selling low/buying high. We have enough really bad contracts. 

I think that answers your question. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fizz said:

Will Chuck make any trades, do the Flyers even have any players playoff teams might want?

Inquiring minds want to know 😁

JVR, Braun and hoping and praying Hayes goes where ever so they can move on.

Nothing major some picks maybe back and picking up at least 50% of Hayes salary if lucky.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

JVR with his 8 big goals this year and his 21 points … I’m sure PO teams will be lining up for his services. Besides his point production you also get his … his uhh … well whaddya want for a lousy $7 million?!

Well, pro rated for the end of the season and they can afford to eat half of it.

JVR missed time. I'm saying they can get "an asset" - I'm not saying they get Tampa's first rounder.

Expiring contract. Retain salary.

You can't get "something"?

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

JVR, Braun and hoping and praying Hayes goes where ever so they can move on.

Nothing major some picks maybe back and picking up at least 50% of Hayes salary if lucky.

This would be nice but I just don't see how they can move Hayes with the cap issues contending teams will have. 

Maybe we can convince Chicago to take him so they can get to cap floor after they ditch Toews and Kane. Can't think of another possibility myself. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

if he was 35 goal scorer, im sure he would get a first rounder but the fact this draft is so deep, no one is going to give up a first rounder for someone that's over 30 and scoring less than 25 goals, teams look at it and say i'll take my chances in the draft than trade for him. highest they will probably get for him maybe 3rd round pick.

39 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

if he was 35 goal scorer, im sure he would get a first rounder but the fact this draft is so deep, no one is going to give up a first rounder for someone that's over 30 and scoring less than 25 goals, teams look at it and say i'll take my chances in the draft than trade for him. highest they will probably get for him maybe 3rd round pick.

A third is reasonable and better than the *checks notes* nothing that they have for him now.

They didn't get a first this draft for Giroux.

To me, anyone not named Noah Cates is tradeable and he's tradeable too, I just like his game.

I like Konecny, Farabee, Tippett, Sanhiem, Hart and York also; But if the price, is right so long boys.  I'd have to really be sold on trading Hart, he does seem to be a real deal #1 and when was the last time the Flyers had one of those guys?

There are good players on this roster.

There aren't superstar players, contending teams need good players too. 

So, if some of the good players can be turned into magic beans that may yield exceptional players or different,needs-meeting, good players...welcome to Philadelphia, try El Vez!

Looking around the league.

There are teams that need defense. TDA and Provorov are both candidates based on their abilities.

TDA can help a powerplay and play 3rd pair minutes on a good team.

Edmonton could use a Provorov type player. Their cap is fukacta but, that team needs guys that can play defense. 

It's far away, the guy if it's Provorov, he won't kill the Flyers 6x a year. 

Boston is a little but hurt that Bo Horvat got away. Gentlemen let me introduce you to Kevin Hayes @ 5 .aav.

I think a shrewd person could reshape the salary cap and the team this trade deadline. 

If only there was one of those in the decision-making seat.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 3

Both Braun & JVR will be moved before the March 3rd trade deadline.  In the off season they could possibly move Hayes by retaining some salary.  But he's proved he's healthy & has had a good season.  He should have a nice return. 

11 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Maybe we can convince Chicago to take him so they can get to cap floor after they ditch Toews and Kane.

Highly unlikely i am sure they are on his 12 team no trade list since they were the team that drafted him and he refused to sign with before ending up with the Rangers.

But if you can't move him even if the offseason if you pick up the max 50% of his salary then i buy him out to move on and cut my losses. 

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

buy him out to move on and cut my losses. 

Nobody wants Hayes gone more than me but I don’t think this is a very good idea. Just on GP. Paying him to play in Philly is bad enough…

Buyouts cost the team cap space and the payments are spread out for twice as many years as remain on the contract. He’s got 4 or 5 years left. Buyouts are just crazy. Have Hayes eat up cap space for the next TEN fkng years? No. Don’t do it.

The Flyers are still paying Bryzgalov for chrissakes…

edit: I heartily support the impulse to get rid of him just don’t hamstring the team even worse than it already is with another buyout.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

edit: I heartily support the impulse to get rid of him just don’t hamstring the team even worse than it already is with another buyout.

I really think they won't have to but it may then wait till the off season but i really think you can pick up 50% of his salary and someone will take him off your hands for 3.50 mill Hayes is worth a shot even if it's on your 3rd line....i would have to look around but could see them finding a team who could use him.

I'm holding out hope they can end this saga by this summer. I get what you're saying but i don't want another year of seeing him in the lineup.

Fire Chuck then move him out this summer..................................

Nobody wants Hayes gone more than me

I beg to differ....

but I don’t think this is a very good idea.

This I agree with. At least at this point, when the team is going nowhere anyway. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, radoran said:

There is no way Chuck Fletcher buys out Kevin Hayes.

No. Way.

I agree. It would make him look like a complete idiot. 

I mean all his moves have made him look like an idiot. But this would complete it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I agree. It would make him look like a complete idiot. 

I mean all his moves have made him look like an idiot. But this would complete it.

IDGAF!!!

BUH BYE!!!

Make room for these guys....

...i will come back and watch.

I can watch a bunch of young hungry kids learning to be a team - and lose but i can't watch this current team.