Carter Hart Trade speculation thread - Where does he land?

phlfly

Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?

• Edmonton
    • Buffalo
    • Montreal
    • Anaheim
    • San Jose
    • Other
    • He does NOT get traded

3 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Exactly what a GM says after they've shopped a guy like Campbell around and found no takers. 

I'd be surprised if Holland had out-and-out shopped Campbell (because he knows without even asking that there wouldn't be any takers) but I'd also be surprised if he was happy with the signing so far.

41 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I'd be surprised if Holland had out-and-out shopped Campbell (because he knows without even asking that there wouldn't be any takers) but I'd also be surprised if he was happy with the signing so far.

I'd actually disagree with that. I think he likely shopped him to all the teams with cap room and no clear #1 goalie. Chicago, Phoenix, Buffalo, Ottawa. Probably some others. Teams that could afford the salary and use him as part of a stop gap until they develop their own starter. Those teams could all be interested for the right package or sweetener. It would be worth his while to test this out early before the whole goalie carousel gets going with the big guns. 

40 minutes ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

Edmonton doesn't have a 1st rounder this year so I am not sure about Hart going to Edmonton.  I think they would really want a 1st this year for him as a part of the trade.  Imo

Agree...I read somewhere that Briere is asking for 2 x 1st Rd picks for Hart.  As you mentioned Edmonton does not have that.  Montreal has been in some of the scuttle butt around the internet.

image.thumb.png.47f77678221e20e5381cb499c58b930b.png

Ottawa has been another landing spot. Here are their raft picks.

image.thumb.png.5aa442c7db156894c680c44d8dd3edd8.png

For reference here are Buffalo's picks and Edmonton's:

image.thumb.png.e45914806f9ae8c92b9c5b331ea4fa52.png

image.thumb.png.e3321fdcaa37ae478969c691a8a47706.png

Finally here is San Jose's picks:

image.thumb.png.e41f87f901397c0e8e4a27c6d9f24c0b.png

The thing is, as had been mentioned numerous times, Briere has all the leverage here.  He does NOT have to move Hart if the deal is not there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrittyForever said:

I'd actually disagree with that. I think he likely shopped him to all the teams with cap room and no clear #1 goalie. Chicago, Phoenix, Buffalo, Ottawa. Probably some others. Teams that could afford the salary and use him as part of a stop gap until they develop their own starter. Those teams could all be interested for the right package or sweetener. It would be worth his while to test this out early before the whole goalie carousel gets going with the big guns. 

That certainly could have happened. I might be too much of a fatalist when it comes to a player crapping the bed so supremely, the way that Campbell did this year.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Agree...I read somewhere that Briere is asking for 2 x 1st Rd picks for Hart.  As you mentioned Edmonton does not have that.  Montreal has been in some of the scuttle butt around the internet.

image.thumb.png.47f77678221e20e5381cb499c58b930b.png

Ottawa has been another landing spot. Here are their raft picks.

image.thumb.png.5aa442c7db156894c680c44d8dd3edd8.png

For reference here are Buffalo's picks and Edmonton's:

image.thumb.png.e45914806f9ae8c92b9c5b331ea4fa52.png

image.thumb.png.e3321fdcaa37ae478969c691a8a47706.png

Finally here is San Jose's picks:

image.thumb.png.e41f87f901397c0e8e4a27c6d9f24c0b.png

The thing is, as had been mentioned numerous times, Briere has all the leverage here.  He does NOT have to move Hart if the deal is not there.

Two 1st round picks for a starter who's been below 50% in Quality Starts three of his four years in the league and has surrendered more goals against than expected? That should be a pass for any trade partner.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Two 1st round picks for a starter who's been below 50% in Quality Starts three of his four years in the league and has surrendered more goals against than expected? That should be a pass for any trade partner.

Not arguing there ... just reporting what I read.  How true or not is totally debatable at this moment.

I think it would be a mistake to trade him right now, but the return had better be huge IMO. Like top 5 pick. I also read something somewhere the ruling on that Team Canada assault hasn't happened yet, which may be holding up any real moves for Hart. I can't imagine he'd be involved in that, but it's certainly not going away (also I could be just a wrong judge of character).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Well at least Hart feels like he's not wanted in Philly anymore. 

Nature of the beast.

I doubt he feels that. He's got to know the situation.

Briere has told him he's the goalie of the future unless a blow your doors off deal comes though.

I think Briere has - so far - handled this well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Not arguing there ... just reporting what I read.  How true or not is totally debatable at this moment.

Aim high. It's not like he HAS to trade Hart so why not start with a high price? 

Now if he says he wants a 1st for Hayes we will have to send him to counselling. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, radoran said:

I doubt he feels that. He's got to know the situation.

Briere has told him he's the goalie of the future unless a blow your doors off deal comes though.

I think Briere has - so far - handled this well.

I'm not blaming Briere...it's not him saying it. And if you're a pro athlete, you know you can be traded. But I doubt anyone who wants to be there likes hearing you're being shopped to the highest bidder. 

Like I said, it's the nature of the beast.

11 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I'd rather get a high end young player and second round pick instead of two firsts. Unless the pick is very high, getting a couple of picks 15th or 16th is a crap shoot. We need to get another young guy like Tippett for Hart plus a pick. 

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

I'd rather get a high end young player and second round pick instead of two firsts. Unless the pick is very high, getting a couple of picks 15th or 16th is a crap shoot. We need to get another young guy like Tippett for Hart plus a pick. 

Honestly, if I'm getting a young guy like Tippet, I'd rather keep the young guy like Hart.  Forward vs  goalie at relatively the same age, I'm sticking with the goalie. And that's not intended as a knock on Tippet.

Your argument about picks has merit so it makes me pause on the "get picks for Hart!" war chant, but I'm not trading him for a forward.

Multiple young skaters with promise?  All forwards or forward/defense mix?  I might be interested again.   I don't have any particular package in mind, though.

Edited by ruxpin

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Fundamentally different than "not wanted here."

IMO

If I was Briere I would’ve taken his name off the table so that any reporting about potential Flyers’ trades excludes him. GMs looking for a goaltender will still make the call asking about Hart. Meanwhile he and his teammates get a little reassurance that he’s their goalie going forward.

It may not mean much and I don’t say Briere made a mistake necessarily. But he might've handled it better by keeping his intentions quiet, behind the scenes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Honestly, if I'm getting a young guy like Tippet, I'd rather keep the young guy like Hart.  Forward vs  goalie at relatively the same age, I'm sticking with the goalie. And that's not intended as a knock on Tippet.

Your argument about picks has merit so it makes me pause on the "get picks for Hart!" war chant, but I'm not trading him for a forward.

Multiple young skaters with promise?  All forwards or forward/defense mix?  I might be interested again.   I don't have any particular package in mind, though.

When I say a guy like Tippett, I didn't necessarily mean a forward, what I meant is a young former first round pick with skill ,who has some experience and is close to, or  NHL ready, it could be a dman too, but I'd rather have two  good young playersr than two picks late in the first round. For example , I want two of your top three prospects or your top prospect and a top 10 draft pick. There is no rush to trade Hart unless you get an outstanding offer. The only  thing is...our defense sucked last year and now we dumped our best dman, so I can definitely see Hart's numbers taking a big hit this year, which will diminish his value. So considering the number of teams that need a goalie,I  we can get a nice return.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

When I say a guy like Tippett, I didn't necessarily mean a forward, what I meant is a young former first round pick with skill ,who has some experience and is close to, or  NHL ready, it could be a dman too, but I'd rather have two  good young playersr than two picks late in the first round. For example , I want two of your top three prospects or your top prospect and a top 10 draft pick. There is no rush to trade Hart unless you get an outstanding offer. The only  thing is...our defense sucked last year and now we dumped our best dman, so I can definitely see Hart's numbers taking a big hit this year, which will diminish his value. So considering the number of teams that need a goalie,I  we can get a nice return.

Yeah, I'm good with your plan.

9 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm not blaming Briere...it's not him saying it. And if you're a pro athlete, you know you can be traded. But I doubt anyone who wants to be there likes hearing you're being shopped to the highest bidder. 

Like I said, it's the nature of the beast.

After seeing Ivan moved in a rebuild you should expect to hear your name in rumors because well every has a keyboard and we're all capable of generating rumors for example even fake ones (Howie Roseman is notorious supposedly even though duh he won't admit of doing so for example - one he was rumored to have created during the combine on Nakobe Dean who fell to him in the 3rd round)

so as a paid professional millionaire athlete it comes with the job.

It's a rebuild you'll just have to trust your GM if you ask him if it is true or not would he lie or best not even care to ask.

Everyone is on the block especially when Danny even said we will listen to all offers.

You can not control who calls you or even what they make up once you've gotten off the phone part of the business.

And i know you know this...have faith till you have a reason not to right now Chuck is gone...or don't. You have a right ether way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Tippett

I'd be open to even trading him to get even younger if possible depending on the offer of course he will be 25 this season...

...with the abundance of RW someone is getting moved from this position before the roster is set for next year i promise.

It is when as the only question...i expect this maybe to be an active draft.

However with the investigation in the team Canada scandal with Hart name in it will prevent him from being moved i think till that is cleared.

But everyone else is on the block...

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Honestly, if I'm getting a young guy like Tippet, I'd rather keep the young guy like Hart.  Forward vs  goalie at relatively the same age, I'm sticking with the goalie.

I get what you're saying but i am listening to everyone about everyone...strike while the iron is hot...but let's not make a trade just for sake of making a trade to move anyone (ok i will take anything within reason for Hayes, TDA and Risto i mean anything warped stick and bent pucks is all i need in return).

27 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I get what you're saying but i am listening to everyone about everyone...strike while the iron is hot...but let's not make a trade just for sake of making a trade to move anyone (ok i will take anything within reason for Hayes, TDA and Risto i mean anything warped stick and bent pucks is all i need in return).

Oh, I'm not against collecting Tippet types.  But unless it's multiple (at least 2 plus picks or at least three) I'm not using Hart to do it.    

If Hart carries a Risto or Hayes with him I'll take a look at the specific deal.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Oh, I'm not against collecting Tippet types.

Me either but with the glut of RWs they need to clear space for the Foersters and Brinks they need to get the NHL career going they are ready and going back to start the season isn't the end of the world...but also have waiver exemption and they need to be clearing space by the deadline next year.

Of course use their exemption to help you juggle the line up to maintain leverage in any move while focusing on the cap too Chuck and Homer sucked at that see the Bob trade.

From initial reports they want to at least bring back Lemieux however he may block someone which i don't want.

They already till they can trade him have to work Atkinson back in the line up.

Especially if they want to move him at some point he will need first show he can still be a contributor coming off injury and being 35 soon. Fingers crossed he too can be move by the deadline next season. 

I'm afraid Allison's time maybe running out barring a huge this upcoming season sorry guy i need room and you will be 26 not personal i'm trading him for whatever by the deadline to if he has any value at all.

By the 2024-25 season their right side has to be at least this.

Konecny

Tippett

Forester

Brink