Carter Hart Trade speculation thread - Where does he land?

phlfly

Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?

• Edmonton
    • Buffalo
    • Montreal
    • Anaheim
    • San Jose
    • Other
    • He does NOT get traded

It's not just that Fletcher made bad trades, it's what also he gave away with the trades.

It's like if I was selling an extra car battery, I had in the trunk, I sweetened the deal by giving away my spare tire.

Then on another deal selling my extra alternator, giving away my emergency portable scissor carjack with the lug-nut wrench, since I'm not using those things right now, while I'm driving down the street. They don't matter right now....

9 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

It's not just that Fletcher made bad trades, it's what also he gave away with the trades.

It's like if I was selling an extra car battery, I had in the trunk, I sweetened the deal by giving away my spare tire.

Then on another deal selling my extra alternator, giving away my emergency portable scissor carjack with the lug-nut wrench, since I'm not using those things right now, while I'm driving down the street. They don't matter right now....

Plus the fact that he would trade for the dumbest, slowest, laziest car battery in the league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been following this thread from its inception. It is surprising there are so many on here chasing the next shiny new potential star. If we have learned anything it is that to consistently win the team needs  steady goaltending. The Flyers have gone years without success. So yeah, lets trade Hart our 7th pick and any combination/s of  all our best players to move up 2 to 4 spots in the draft. Hart may be traded, but the only reason Hart should be traded is if he has developed a really poor attitude and does not want to be here!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

I've been following this thread from its inception. It is surprising there are so many on here chasing the next shiny new potential star. If we have learned anything it is that to consistently win the team needs  steady goaltending. The Flyers have gone years without success. So yeah, lets trade Hart our 7th pick and any combination/s of  all our best players to move up 2 to 4 spots in the draft. Hart may be traded, but the only reason Hart should be traded is if he has developed a really poor attitude and does not want to be here!

If what is being reported is true, any of the top 5 draft picks would be a lot more than "shiny new". I see the point you are trying to make, but from what most here are saying, if the Flyers could move up, they should without haste. If Errson and the Russian are capable of meeting the "steady" goal-tending you mentioned, and Hart can bring back assets that are integral to the rebuild, its probably the smart play. Rumors say the Flyers want 2 first rounders for him. If they can get that, and maybe more, thats a solid return.

What's happening here in our forum is not the same as years past. I don't think many of us are star chasing at any cost. This is actually a rebuild. Considering the task in front of them, all pieces should be available

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

I am all in on acquiring the best in trade. I am also cautious about overpaying for a maybe. The Flyers need many pieces, overpaying for 1 can destroy a rebuild. I am also reminded of top of the draft busts, Flyer fans will remember. IMHO, #7 & #22 and perhaps 1 or 2 more 1sts in this draft, which is projected as being deep will be a great first step toward future success. I think achieving solid depth for the future outweighs the other option at this draft. There is still a covid factor in this draft, all these players had their development affected by the pandemic. As exciting as the shiny toys are, the Flyers are still an exercise in subtraction as much as addition. Its probably the only time I ever agree with Torts. This draft is huge for the Flyers, but you can't win the US Open on Day 1 but you can lose it. Sorry for the random wandering thoughts, I never did well in essay class. 

• Good Post 3

59 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

I am all in on acquiring the best in trade. I am also cautious about overpaying for a maybe. The Flyers need many pieces, overpaying for 1 can destroy a rebuild. I am also reminded of top of the draft busts, Flyer fans will remember. IMHO, #7 & #22 and perhaps 1 or 2 more 1sts in this draft, which is projected as being deep will be a great first step toward future success. I think achieving solid depth for the future outweighs the other option at this draft. There is still a covid factor in this draft, all these players had their development affected by the pandemic. As exciting as the shiny toys are, the Flyers are still an exercise in subtraction as much as addition. Its probably the only time I ever agree with Torts. This draft is huge for the Flyers, but you can't win the US Open on Day 1 but you can lose it. Sorry for the random wandering thoughts, I never did well in essay class. 

On the other side of the coin, when you are in a rebuild and have two assets like Konecny and Hart who can bring back a total of four assets, you can expedite your rebuild as long as you have a competent GM making the trades. Since there is no pressure to make the trades because both players have contracts that don't expire yet you can be patient and wait for the best deal. We are in the drivers seat with these two players.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

Rumors say the Flyers want 2 first rounders for him. If they can get that, and maybe more, thats a solid return.

Laughton was a 1st. So was Rubstov. 

Would you be happy with that return on Hart? 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd be thrilled to trade a 30 year old Laughton for a 19 year old Laughton.

The Rubustov draft was a terrible draft all around.

This year's draft is supposed to be stacked.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 1:11 PM, flyercanuck said:

One of the assets we have to get back for Hart has to be a can't miss player or at least 5th or 6th pick in this year's draft if possible. I would rather get a real good young NHL player or high end prospect who is NHL ready and a pick , rather than two late first round picks ,that's too much of a gamble. Hart is a good young established goalie so he is definitely worth two assets, but one of those assets has to be a homerun acquisition. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

A. How many star players or high end players come out of one draft?

B. What are the chances we are in this draft year?

C. Should we be focused on getting more second round picks?

A. Depends on the draft.  It can vary from year to year.

B. Many experts have stated this is a very deep draft but final tallies won't be known for at least a couple years after the draft as players develop.

C. Would love more 2nd Rd picks but good luck on that.  Many GM's know this is a deep draft and won't part with those picks easily.  The idiot Fletch traded the Flyers 2nd Rd pick this year to the Sabres as part of the Risto trade.

Edited by pilldoc

• pilldoc unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

No new news ...will unpin topic for now.   Will repin if and when Hart ever gets traded.

I think we'll see some action at the draft.

Last time they had a trade out of the top 4 it was 1993 Sharks for Kozlov...if remember right.

53 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think we'll see some action at the draft.

Last time they had a trade out of the top 4 it was 1993 Sharks for Kozlov...if remember right.

Closest I got is Brian Burke and the drafting of the Sedin twins .....

Sedin Trades:

Vancouver GM Brian Burke was determined to draft Daniel and Henrik Sedin, after their performance at the 1999 IIHF World Championship in Oslo, Norway.

He began by complementing his existing third overall pick by trading defenseman Bryan McCabe and Vancouver's 1st-round pick in the 2000 Draft (used to select Pavel Vorobiev) to the Chicago Blackhawks for the fourth overall pick. Then he obtained the first overall pick from Tampa Bay, flipping Chicago's fourth overall pick — which the Lightning subsequently traded to the Rangers, who used it to draft Pavel Brendl — and two third-round selections. Vancouver and Atlanta then worked out a deal whereby Atlanta, who held the second overall selection, promised to select Patrik Stefan with the first overall pick, leaving both Sedins available to Vancouver at 2nd and 3rd.

Probably one of the finest moves in NHL History

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Closest I got is Brian Burke and the drafting of the Sedin twins .....

Sedin Trades:

Vancouver GM Brian Burke was determined to draft Daniel and Henrik Sedin, after their performance at the 1999 IIHF World Championship in Oslo, Norway.

He began by complementing his existing third overall pick by trading defenseman Bryan McCabe and Vancouver's 1st-round pick in the 2000 Draft (used to select Pavel Vorobiev) to the Chicago Blackhawks for the fourth overall pick. Then he obtained the first overall pick from Tampa Bay, flipping Chicago's fourth overall pick — which the Lightning subsequently traded to the Rangers, who used it to draft Pavel Brendl — and two third-round selections. Vancouver and Atlanta then worked out a deal whereby Atlanta, who held the second overall selection, promised to select Patrik Stefan with the first overall pick, leaving both Sedins available to Vancouver at 2nd and 3rd.

Probably one of the finest moves in NHL History

Got two hall of famers out of it, i'd say it worked out ok.

• Like 1