Carter Hart Trade speculation thread - Where does he land?

phlfly

Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?

• Edmonton
    • Buffalo
    • Montreal
    • Anaheim
    • San Jose
    • Other
    • He does NOT get traded

On 8/3/2023 at 10:34 AM, mojo1917 said:

I think Ersson will be better than both of those stiffs.

In fact I'll be knocked over by a feather if Peterson makes the opening night roster. 

He's been atrocious.

I don't need a goalie back in any deal for Carter Hart.

I would want a quality centerman prospect (doesn't everyone) or a can't miss middle pairing defender and a high draft pick.

They can keep Campbell. 

ymmv.

Taking Campbell would be necessary for cap purposes and he's not awful...just grossly overpaid.  The asset worth trading Hart for os Broberg.  Campbell is more of a cap dump tbh

On 8/5/2023 at 6:45 PM, radoran said:

I think Ersson means more that they've moved on from Sandstrom and probably Fedotov.

I don't think Hart is going anywhere.

Ersson will not bring you much of a return, so it's kind of pointless to trade him . If you are rebuilding you trade the guys who don't fit the age timeline for the rebuild and you trade the guys who bring back the most return. If Fedotov comes over , I see him becoming Michkovs roommate and I see him and Ersson as our goalies. If Fedetov comes , Ersson can still go to the minors for playing time until the right deal for Hart comes along.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Ersson will not bring you much of a return, so it's kind of pointless to trade him . If you are rebuilding you trade the guys who don't fit the age timeline for the rebuild and you trade the guys who bring back the most return. If Fedotov comes over , I see him becoming Michkovs roommate and I see him and Ersson as our goalies. If Fedetov comes , Ersson can still go to the minors for playing time until the right deal for Hart comes along.

I was arguing trading Hart for Matthews.

It's not that I wouldn't trade Hart.

It's that I don't think they are going to.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, radoran said:

I was arguing trading Hart for Matthews.

It's not that I wouldn't trade Hart.

It's that I don't think they are going to.

I dont know, they are disputing the Fedetov situation ,so I don't know why they would want another goalie, we have Hart ,Ersson , the guy from LA, Sandstrom and the Phantoms signed two goalies.I think if they get a real good offer Hart would be traded. Sandstrom gets us nothing , Ersson gets us a second or third round pick at best at this point. Fedetov is a seasoned veteran of international hockey, so what's the point of bringing him over, especially since Ersson looked good so far as a backup. I think something is brewing. It may take until the trade deadline for something to happen.

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Fedetov is a seasoned veteran of international hockey, so what's the point of bringing him over, especially since Ersson looked good so far as a backup. I think something is brewing. It may take until the trade deadline for something to happen.

I don't think they're going to trade Hart right now.

Fedotov hasn't played a competitive game of professional hockey for over a year. He was in a glorified beer league playing twice a week with no practice time.

Ersson looks good. Andrew Hammond had 2/3 of his professional wins in his first callup.

I do think Briere is honest that he'll listen to offers and if an offer makes sense, Hart's on the move.

Barring something's jarring from the hockey Canada thing, expect Hart in training camp.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Fedotov hasn't played a competitive game of professional hockey for over a year. He was in a glorified beer league playing twice a week with no practice time.

Bingo that is the key.

You only get one year with him under contract and he is a UFA, but he hasn't played in a year.

So if you want to get the biggest return for him let him play in the KHL next season.

Bring him over next season as a backup up goalie next season and hope and pray he plays well enough so you can get something back for him at the deadline like maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Better than nothing for him.

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Bingo that is the key.

You only get one year with him under contract and he is a UFA, but he hasn't played in a year.

So if you want to get the biggest return for him let him play in the KHL next season.

Bring him over next season as a backup up goalie next season and hope and pray he plays well enough so you can get something back for him at the deadline like maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Better than nothing for him.

I agree he isnt getting traded right now, but I think hes going by the deadline.Why aim for a 3rd or 4th rounder while in a rebuild, let Fedetov play some games in the AHL and get up to par,Ersson stays with the Flyers and then trade Hart for a big return at the deadline and then you call up Fedetov. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I agree he isnt getting traded right now, but I think hes going by the deadline.Why aim for a 3rd or 4th rounder while in a rebuild, let Fedetov play some games in the AHL and get up to par,Ersson stays with the Flyers and then trade Hart for a big return at the deadline and then you call up Fedetov. 

I would let Fedotov play in the KHL then have him come over to the NHL and if need be start in the AHL a few games then call him up. Then by the deadline of the 2024-25 you trade him to a playoff team for goalie depth.

Hart you could trade at the next draft or at the trade deadline this upcoming season.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would let Fedotov play in the KHL then have him come over to the NHL and if need be start in the AHL a few games then call him up. Then by the deadline of the 2024-25 you trade him to a playoff team for goalie depth.

Hart you could trade at the next draft or at the trade deadline this upcoming season.

Fedetov has the ability to be a starter or at least the backup if Ersson continues playing well. Fedetov who is  an older player, is the perfect roommate/mentor for Michkov ,who I think the Flyers will bring over after this year.  The Russians will be bribed. Michcov coming over sooner will sell lots of tickets and jerseys to offset the bribery cost.So at this deadline we can unload Hart and go with Fedetov and Ersson. It all depends on if Fedetov is released from the contract in Russia.

I want to avoid giving Hart a big extension. Get a nice return and let somebody else take the risk. 5 or 6 years in and we STILL don't know what we have?? Yes, the defense in front of him was indeed stinky...but the guy has been inconsistent and shows signs of not being mentally strong. Struggles once he lets a soft one in and the flood gates open.

Not saying he's not talented. Just saying a mistake on a long term contract in net screws this rebuild. Let some other GM take the risk!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Fedetov has the ability to be a starter or at least the backup if Ersson continues playing well. Fedetov who is  an older player, is the perfect roommate/mentor for Michkov ,who I think the Flyers will bring over after this year.  The Russians will be bribed. Michcov coming over sooner will sell lots of tickets and jerseys to offset the bribery cost.So at this deadline we can unload Hart and go with Fedetov and Ersson. It all depends on if Fedetov is released from the contract in Russia.

I think you're overlooking the fact that he is a UFA after he serves his one year.

Why would he resign with the Flyers and NOT test the market...before Michkov comes over?

I'd rather let him get a good year under his belt in the KHL after being out the game and then bring him over and see how it goes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The IIHF just ruled that Fedotov has a valid contact with the Flyers. This is going to make things REALLY interesting when he shows up at camp.

Carter / Errson / Fedotov / Peterson / Sandstrom….

yeah … goaltending just got complicated.

22 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Carter / Errson / Fedotov / Peterson / Sandstrom….

yeah … goaltending just got complicated.

I suppose the Flyers could ultimately decide to 'loan' Fedotov to CSKA if things are too crowded. I'm sure they're waiting for Hockey Canada report to come out before deciding on anything though.

31 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I suppose the Flyers could ultimately decide to 'loan' Fedotov to CSKA if things are too crowded. I'm sure they're waiting for Hockey Canada report to come out before deciding on anything though.

Curious to know when that comes out….

Could be the lynch pin of the whole Flyers goaltending saga…..

They should release that report soon in order to be fair to the teams that might be affected.

12 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

They should release that report soon in order to be fair to the teams that might be affected.

And still waiting for Hockey Canada to you know do something like let's us know who this even effects.

Suspect with taking so long to tell us anything.

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Not to mention the players.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And still waiting for Hockey Canada to you know do something like let's us know who this even effects.

Suspect with taking so long to tell us anything.

What do you think that means?

4 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Probably also means Michkov isn’t come over for three years, which is fine by me.

Fedetov coming over is not by accident, he will be Michkovs roommate and mentor. Management is desperate to sell a dream and sell tickets to the fans. Guarantee they will try and get Mickov over here sooner. As soon as Chicago drafted Bedard, they sold a bunch of season tickets. Flyers have the same idea in mind.  Think of all the tickets, jerseys and hope for the fans after years of mediocrity. 

Edited by RonJeremy

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Really don't know. Really. Something is up otherwise they would have told us.

Considering the Flyers keep making moves/decisions about goalies, it's easy to assume they know something bad is coming. But I doubt there is some conspiracy at hand regarding the franchise. Investigations take time, usually more time than they need. What makes the situation more difficult is we are anxious for news and results, and this is the boring time of the year. 

Personally, I think the Flyers are doing nothing more than stockpiling assets at the goalie position. It's kinda weird

• Like 1