Flyers sign Poeling

CoachX

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

It may not seem big, but this is our 1st chance to see what kind of stamp he wants to put on this team...pfffft. 

It's a 1 year deal for a will to be RFA. If he plays well, you can qualify him at that number. If he stinks. You walk away.

I just don't see a 1 year depth signing as a means of determining the "stamp he wants to put on the team."

That said, I never like giving a guy almost twice as much as he was just making. Only thing I can see is an eye towards locking him up as an RFA if he blossoms.

They also as has been pointed out, may need to reach the cap floor...

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Are they collecting players to plug holes they are about to create because it feels that way...

:smileyandcomputer:

Hard to say. I know in fantasy hockey, when it was Sunday and I needed points and PIM ....and SHP, I would target Hathaway...so thats something...lol. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Hard to say. I know in fantasy hockey, when it was Sunday and I needed points and PIM ....and SHP, I would target Hathaway...so thats something...lol. 

Exactly

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

For his role style +54. Ok. Not bad.

15 hours ago, jammer2 said:

45% face off percentage?? This our new PK dude? Puck possession pretty important there....lol. on the bright side, we can bury him in the AHL for a half mill cap hit...while taking away valuable minutes from actual prospects.

It may not seem big, but this is our 1st chance to see what kind of stamp he wants to put on this team...pfffft. 

We want the Flyers to suck next season. Top 3 draft pick. Need more of these signings. Prospect pool is not that good right now. There are a couple of young guys but no top of the line up players after Gauthier and Foerster. Poeling and Hathaway won't be taking minutes from anyone who can't earn them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

We want the Flyers to suck next season. Top 3 draft pick. Need more of these signings. Prospect pool is not that good right now. There are a couple of young guys but no top of the line up players after Gauthier and Foerster. Poeling and Hathaway won't be taking minutes from anyone who can't earn them.

I'd rather add guys who can be flipped at the deadline for draft picks. Hathaway foots the bill, teams always looking for grit come playoff time (although the 2 yr deal may hinder things) but don't see anyone wanting Poehling. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I'd rather add guys who can be flipped at the deadline for draft picks. Hathaway foots the bill, teams always looking for grit come playoff time (although the 2 yr deal may hinder things) but don't see anyone wanting Poehling. 

I get what you're saying he's a depth guy for a playoff maybe for another team nothing more so you never know or worse case he earns another small contract.

I never sweat bottom 6 guys much.

These guys can be waived to if need be.

In fact these types of guy help keep you inside drafting the top 5 more likely.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I get what you're saying he's a depth guy for a playoff maybe for another team nothing more so you never know or worse case he earns another small contract.

I never sweat bottom 6 guys much.

These guys can be waived to if need be.

In fact these types of guy help keep you inside drafting the top 5 more likely.

Poehling for sure. Hathaway is actually a good bottom 6. He's the kind Fletcher should have signed when he was going for it. Briere, if he's trying to tank, should be signing the kind Fletcher signed...bums. Unless of course he's flipping him.

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Unless of course he's flipping him.

This.

This guy for a payoff run can get you maybe a 2nd or no less a 3rd rounder in return.

Sure own their own maybe not so much value but when you combine them with something like the Flyers did to get up into the 2nd round to select the first goalie well all the picks can come in handy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Poehling for sure. Hathaway is actually a good bottom 6. He's the kind Fletcher should have signed when he was going for it. Briere, if he's trying to tank, should be signing the kind Fletcher signed...bums. Unless of course he's flipping him.

Did aliens abduct Stevie Y yesterday and replace with a pod twin?? In what world is Justin Holl worth 3.3 mill for 3 years. Scratched in TO...sure, come and play for our team with a huge overpay! JT Compher scores 50 pts in a contract year (1st time over 35) and gets 5(!) Years at 5+mill a year! No lesson learned from Copp, or Fran Nielson?? How about...you not winning the Cup, develop your own 2C without committing outrageous term or cap space?? Crazy!! Ghost is just one year commitment...but 4.4 feels steep also!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Did aliens abduct Stevie Y yesterday and replace with a pod twin?? In what world is Justin Holl worth 3.3 mill for 3 years. Scratched in TO...sure, come and play for our team with a huge overpay! JT Compher scores 50 pts in a contract year (1st time over 35) and gets 5(!) Years at 5+mill a year! No lesson learned from Copp, or Fran Nielson?? How about...you not winning the Cup, develop your own 2C without committing outrageous term or cap space?? Crazy!! Ghost is just one year commitment...but 4.4 feels steep also!

Dimitri Orlov takes the cake for me.

2 years for 7.7mill per season holy shat!!!

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Dimitri Orlov takes the cake for me.

2 years for 7.7mill per season holy shat!!!

That seemed off, but you can squint and make it within the realm of possibilities. How about Corey Perry? He makes 1 mill a year for 3 straight years and Chicago ponies up an incredible 4 mill? I get they have to reach the cap floor, but this is not the way. 

30 year old Scott Mayfield, barely a 5-6 D man is signed until 2030 at 3.5 a year??? Lou has totally lost it!!

• Like 1