Trade: Cutter Gauthier traded to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2nd RD Pick

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would be shocked if the treatment of Morgan Frost maybe opened their eyes...ya never know.

Morgan Frost hasn't failed to disappoint when he's had opportunities . MORGAN is the problem not the Flyers efforts to motivate him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well 6 draft picks in the 1st and 2nd round the next 2 years should help a lot.

Chuckles would have sent a 2nd with Cutter!!!

Maybe with all these picks plus the pick we get for Walker will enable us to move up and in the draft and make up for this loss of Gauthier.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Oh I know ....just venting irrationally ........

I think @jammer2 hit the nail on the head ....something happened after the worlds last year ....

Yeah he probably liked playing in Boston and some Bruins coach or player ran into him in a bar and said don’t sign with Philly, hold out and sign with us. How do we even know if he wants to sign with Anaheim.

32 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

So word on the street is he Cutter did not want to play in Philly and refused to sign his ELC.

So I guess we got something for him ....  don't want a cancer during the rebuild. 

A RHD is a GOOD thing along with the 2nd RD pick which in regimes before were traded away like candy ....

Drysdale is actually a really good player in the making so its not a total loss.

Mintyukov emerging made him a bit expendable. Anaheim also has Luneau and Zellwegger as prospects so they are deep on D and need a goalscorer. Zegras, McTavish and Carlsson are all playmakers.

• Like 2

Not sure what to think.......... I don't like Drysdale's game even a little. As impressive as he was in the major junior, so disappointing his NHL career has been so far. For someone who is supposed to use his speed and smooth skating to his advantage, he doesn't win many loose puck battles and doesn't quarterback PP all that well. He cuts off angles well; I'll give him that.  But what use is it when you constantly lose puck possessions and don't handle yourself well under pressure?  Pinches in on a rush, but doesn't work hard to get back... Fourth year career minus player. Also seems injury-prone... I don't blame the Ducks for getting frustrated.

I mean, I do believe Cutter didn't want to play here, but we couldn't get a better player for an absolute stud? Cutter will be a superstar in this league.

My only consolation/hope is perhaps Drysdale was mismanaged and misused in Anaheim, and Torts will be able to get much more out of him. But I have a suspicion this will not work out many Flyers fans think it will. I hope to be proven wrong. 

Edited by Mad Dog

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Morgan Frost hasn't failed to disappoint when he's had opportunities . MORGAN is the problem not the Flyers efforts to motivate him.

I know but someone of the youth today can't handle strict discipline and have to be coddled not saying that is the case but today utes are something else...i see it everyday with my soon to be 13 year old daughter...

FWIW my keeper poolie friends love Drysdale. One of them, the one who has done some scouting services work, and who has won the pool most often, well he drafted Drysdale, of course. This comforts me greatly. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Not sure what to think.......... I don't like Drysdale's game even a little. As impressive as he was in the major junior, so disappointing his NHL career has been so far. For someone who is supposed to use his speed and smooth skating to his advantage, he doesn't win many loose puck battles and doesn't quarterback PP all that well. He cuts off angles well; I'll give him that.  But what use is it when you constantly lose puck possessions and don't handle yourself well under pressure?  Pinches in on a rush, but doesn't work hard to get back... Fourth year career minus player. Also seems injury-prone... I don't blame the Ducks for getting frustrated.

I mean, I do believe Cutter didn't want to play here, but we couldn't get a better player for an absolute stud? Cutter will be a superstar in this league.

My only consolation/hope is perhaps Drysdale was mismanaged and misused in Anaheim, and Torts will be able to get much more out of him. But I have a suspicion this will not work out many Flyers fan think it will. I hope to be proven wrong. 

So a right hand Travis Sanheim is what you're saying??:hehe:

Sounds like Briere and company tried on multiple occasions to reach out to Cutter and his camp refused to answer the Flyers…..

DB says he wanted to maximize the return…..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

My only consolation/hope is perhaps Drysdale was mismanaged and misused in Anaheim, and Torts will be able to get much more out of him.

I am sure there is much truth to this. Some overstocking of D-men in Anaheim, which might’ve caused some mismanagement (?), and also that if he doesn’t defend well he won’t see the ice very often except from upstairs. This is when I don’t mind Tortorella’s “hard on prospects” reputation one bit. It’s not even completely true but to the extent that it is it means Drysdale will need to earn his ice time if he wants to play in the O&B.

Also this is one of the reasons he was NOT at camp….

DB says when they interviewed him at the draft he wanted to be a Flyer then a few short months later he changed his mind…

DB says the reason they were not forthright over the summer was that they were trying to protect him….

Danny’s transparency is something I don’t know if I’ve ever seen or heard in professional sports. What an awesome press conference.  Total respect….

Per DB …. Cutter’s camp gave no reason to why he changed his mind…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Danny’s transparency is something I don’t know if I’ve ever seen or heard in professional sports. What an awesome press conference.  Total respect….

This is why i always say, "don't take the prospect to Pat's on the first visit." There are MUCH better options.

(And no, Steve's Prince of Steaks is not one of them. Come at me.)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

All we need to know in these 2 clips. I love Jonesy tone in the first one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well 6 draft picks in the 1st and 2nd round the next 2 years should help a lot.

Chuckles would have sent a 2nd with Cutter!!!

I count 7 picks mister!

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Damn this sounds like they dodged a bullet. Philly would have ate him alive.

Yeah …. I am thinking the same thing…..

• Like 1