Trade: Cutter Gauthier traded to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2nd RD Pick

13 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Everything that you're describing is a coaching issue. And when you consider that Drysdale was coaches by Dallas Eakins, well, enough said there. 

I'll see what Shaw does with him before coming to a conclusion. If Shaw can turn Ristolainen into a serviceable defenseman, he should be able to help Drysdale hit.

Agreed.  Let's hope.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Everything that you're describing is a coaching issue. And when you consider that Drysdale was coaches by Dallas Eakins, well, enough said there. 

I'll see what Shaw does with him before coming to a conclusion. If Shaw can turn Ristolainen into a serviceable defenseman, he should be able to help Drysdale hit.

Let there be light.

I hope he brings us all a Stanely Cup!!!

#9 looks good on him

Kevin Hayes saying now he is getting death threat and people saying they glad his brother is dead.

Now this is overboard please folks stop if you know anyone doing this.

I know it isn't anyone here but this has to stop.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1

26 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Yes, this is a coaching and deployment issue, because Eakins fed Drysdale to the wolves, making him face elite competition when he was only 19 years. Here are the 10 forwards and defenseman he played the most minutes against in that -26 season:

Forward Minutes
Anze Kopitar 76
Nathan MacKinnon 50
Trevor Moore 50
Tomas Hertl 46
Jon Marchessault 44
Nicolas Roy 44
William Karlsson 44
Logan Couture 40
Joel Eriksson Ek 37
Connor McDavid 35

Defensemen Minutes
Drew Doughty 65
Brent Burns 63
Shea Theodore 55
Matt Roy 54
Olli Maatta 54
Devon Toews 53
Cale Makar 53
Alex Pietrangelo 51
Jared Spurgeon 48
Zach Whitecloud 47

• Like 1

The question that none of us Flyers fans, which we might not ever find out the answer to, is did the Flyers know that he didn't want to play here (obviously, it's a question needing to be asked, before drafting him)? If they did, and he said yes.. he wants to be a Flyer , than the kid is dishonest, and has no integrity. So, if that's true. I want no part of Gauthier on the team despite how talented he is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The question that none of us Flyers fans, which we might not ever find out the answer to, is did the Flyers know that he didn't want to play here (obviously, it's a question needing to be asked, before drafting him)? If they did, and he said yes.. he wants to be a Flyer , than the kid is dishonest, and has no integrity. So, if that's true. I want no part of Gauthier on the team despite how talented he is.

Yes did they know he was a Sidney Crosby fan and loved the Penguins if they had maybe it would have lead to other questions and they might have passed on him from his answers.

But oh well water under the bridge.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Danny Briere asked him when he was drafted if he wanted to be a Flyer and the kid said "he was born to be a Flyer". 

I think Danny repeated this story last night in his press availabilty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Danny Briere asked him when he was drafted if he wanted to be a Flyer and the kid said "he was born to be a Flyer". 

I think Danny repeated this story last night in his press availabilty.

Man this gets better and better.

I call bullsh it...

Word is Philly didn’t want a bonus overage carrying into this season, so they didn’t want to sign Gauthier at the end of last year. They certainly didn’t intend it as any kind of an insult, but things were never the same after this happened.

https://x.com/DylanRobillard_/status/1744800725761445914?s=20

I don’t think people understand how close Trevor Zegras, Jamie Drysdale and Cam York really are: "I texted him [Drysdale] right away. Him and Trevor Zegras texted me so kinda came out of nowhere, but glad he's here." York said. “We pretty much do everything together. We pee together, we get injured together, we sleep together.” Zegras said about Drysdale.

Pick up the phone tell Danny we'll take Zegras too what you want in return?

Edited 5 minutes ago by OccamsRazor
F U C K Cutter Gauthier!!!!

• Like 1

If Gauthier was taking advice from Kevin Lazyass Hayes, then that tells me all I need to know about his character. Especially after he told the Flyers he wanted to play there, then wouldn't even talk to them. 

And if Hayes was talking down on the Flyers, HE was one of THE biggest reasons they sucked. The guy got paid WAY more than he was ever worth to play, and still couldn't put forth a half decent effort most games. The guy should cherish the franchise for filling his bank account with money he never earned. There's at least 900 NHL players I'd take on my team before Kevin Hayes. And yes, I know, there aren't that many in the NHL. In case anyone didn't know...I was never a Hayes fan. 

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope this isn't the case but the moves or lack thereof in the next month will tell us alot.

York/Sanheim

Seeler/Drysdale

Should give then the chance to move Walker now so guess we'll see.

But I think you're right they are going to go for it now and jettison the rebuild.

Now would be the best time to get the trade rebuild going.

I'm moving Sanheim over to his proper side and playing Drysdale on his right. 

And trading Walker and Seeler. I LIKE Walker, but I want a rebuild, not a go for it.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

18 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Gauthier is gonna be a beast.

How do we know? Cause beasts don't usually refuse to take calls from the team that used a very valuable draft pick on them. Time will tell, but I won't be surprised one bit if he's one of those guys who plays great every time his contract is up, and can't be bothered the rest of the time. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

How do we know? Cause beasts don't usually refuse to take calls from the team that used a very valuable draft pick on them. Time will tell, but I won't be surprised one bit if he's one of those guys who plays great every time his contract is up, and can't be bothered the rest of the time. 

We call that "Nazem Kadri."

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Well his name Cutter makes him sound like a yacht club douchebag from Connecticut, it's almost as bad as Biff or Chip. I just think in today's no hit ,soft NHL a guy with his size,skating and skill is gonna be unstoppable.  He has been the best player in the championships against all the best talent. Maybe he's a big wuss like Lindros with meddling parents, but I think he will be way more dominant at his position than Drysdale will be at his.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

For what it's worth, Hayes says he had absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/kevin-hayes-not-involved-in-cutter-gauthier-s-decision-sounds-off-on-online-backlash-1.2060079

That’s exactly what I’d expect a guilty person to say!

Edited by mkscrewy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

Well his name Cutter makes him sound like a yacht club douchebag from Connecticut, it's almost as bad as Biff or Chip. I just think in today's no hit ,soft NHL a guy with his size,skating and skill is gonna be unstoppable.  He has been the best player in the championships against all the best talent. Maybe he's a big wuss like Lindros with meddling parents, but I think he will be way more dominant at his position than Drysdale will be at his.

Well, Russia wasn't there, Canada basically had a B team there (trust me, if Canadas top forwards weren't already playing in the NHL, Gauthier isn't winning top forward), and Finland had an unusually bad team. He may end up a total stud, but his hockey IQ has never impressed me. I think he's got size, and a great shot, and can move...just like JVR when he was drafted.

Drysdales position is a heck of a lot more important than winger, and we need better defencemen. Wingers are easier to get in the draft, than dmen. Especially when your franchise doesn't have much of a history of developing them. 

At least he didn't just get to walk away for nothing, like he probably would have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since Kevin Hayes was traded I haven't thought about him or missed him....I mean, the Yards Hayzey IPA was darn good but they make other good beers. 

Too bad that everyone has his name in their mouth over this. I think that's dumb. 

I don't really care what Kevin Hayes does anymore. I don't care if he did have influence over a boy, I don't care if he didn't. I don't care if he scored a hatty last week or if he's making popcorn in the press box. 

The draft pick changed his mind and didn't want to play here that's on the boy.

The boy nor his agent could be bothered to answer the phone or tell the team to their faces, no thank you. They ducked for months, doing nothing is a decision also.

So good riddance to that boy.

They won't be here and I'm glad. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Well, Russia wasn't there, Canada basically had a B team there (trust me, if Canadas top forwards weren't already playing in the NHL, Gauthier isn't winning top forward), and Finland had an unusually bad team. He may end up a total stud, but his hockey IQ has never impressed me. I think he's got size, and a great shot, and can move...just like JVR when he was drafted.

Drysdales position is a heck of a lot more important than winger, and we need better defencemen. Wingers are easier to get in the draft, than dmen. Especially when your franchise doesn't have much of a history of developing them. 

At least he didn't just get to walk away for nothing, like he probably would have.

True, but very few players are as soft and lazy as Baby Hughie, aka JVR. Wingers are easy to get, but big power wingers are not that easy these days. We definitely shored up the defense, but I still wish we could trade up to get Sam Dickinson in this year's draft or that 6ft 7 monster dman.  We also need a center. All we have is a fading Coots and a underachieving Frost. Maybe we can trade up for Lidstrom the big center.

Edited by RonJeremy

Perhaps with a name like cutter, he'd be a hard ass...

Maybe he's just an entitiled weenie....

Either way, you got a RHD who could be an anchor on the blueline for years, cupped with a 2nd rounder from a team that will still suck in a season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

True, but very few players are as soft and lazy as Baby Hughie, aka JVR. Wingers are easy to get, but big power wingers are not that easy these days. We definitely shored up the defense, but I still wish we could trade up to get Sam Dickinson in this year's draft or that 6ft 7 monster dman.  We also need a center. All we have is a fading Coots and a underachieving Frost.

Liam Greentree. There's the power forward the Flyers are looking for.

• Like 1