Hart on leave…

3 hours ago, hmc687 said:

Simple rape case.  Police do not charge those involved and are cleared.  Now there's a conspiracy in which police may have behaved criminally and covered things up.

Again, this is all speculation.  We'll let the court system play out and see what happens, but the language used by grown adult men on this forum to bury young men/kids for...allegations that were initially rejected.  Saying these adult grown men are immature is a damn euphemism...

if you followed the details of this case, Hockey Canada told the players NOT to speak to the investigators. In fact, when HC was notified that the victim went to the police the next day, someone with HC notified the players and they left London. The London Police dropped the ball because they did not do their due diligence in investigating. These players (all of them whether they were involved or not), did not cooperate with the investigation back then. They weren’t “cleared” as you suggest. They weren’t charged (at the time). Trust me, the police would not reopen the case and charge 5 players for a crime that happened 5 years ago if they do not have very convincing evidence. 

• Like 3

On 1/25/2024 at 7:26 PM, JR Ewing said:

I do like how you went from how she "received 2.5 million" to "there was a confidentiality agreement". Let me know when you make up your mind.

Also: welcome to Hockey Forums, and I really do mean that. I'm not trying to pick on you.    😀

Both can be true.

yes there was a confidentiality agreement. Yes it’s been reported (by Rick Westhead I believe) that the victim was paid “millions”. (I thought I read 2.5).

I don’t really care. 

38 minutes ago, Molly Bell said:

Trust me, the police would not reopen the case and charge 5 players for a crime that happened 5 years ago if they do not have very convincing evidence. 

That was my thought process as well ......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Molly Bell said:

Think about what you just wrote. You claim many sexual assault accusations are false, and are done so for money.

Do you realize that, statistically, over 90% of all rapes go unreported? And of those 10% that are reported, less than 5% are straight-out false accusations and/or recanted for other reasons. 

So factually there are only a minuscule number of accusations that are false.

Comments like yours and others on here is exactly why most women do not report being sexually assaulted; because they are rarely believed, especially when the accused is an athlete or famous or both. 

Did you ignore my first statement? If they are guilty they should be charged. How is that giving anyone a pass? I also mentioned a few high profile persons on both sides of the problem. 

Edited by flyerrod
Context

5 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

Did you ignore my first statement? If they are guilty they should be charged. How is that giving anyone a pass? I also mentioned a few high profile persons on both sides of the problem. 

False sexual assault accusations are not an issue. SA is extremely hard to prove.

If someone is found guilty of sexual assault, then they are.

Edited by Molly Bell

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@hmc687

If you couldnt tell from my post, I know what a euphemism is.

But thanks- 

I want to understand what calling adult grown men immature is a euphemism for...

Euphamism for what? 

Did you not read the post that you quoted and replied to?

3 hours ago, hmc687 said:

A euphemism is used to put a positive spin on an otherwise negative word.  It may be euphemstic to call someone immature than a fool, for example

As far as justice delayed is justice delivered...completely agree.

We dont have to agree on things and you dont need to be sarcastic or passive aggressive.  Just be an adult

8 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Celebrity? Pro athletes? Some have got away with murder. I'd bet my house there's a looooooong list of college athletes who have got away with this because "Johnnys so good at fill in the sport"

And yes, there are also innocents that get accused. Though I'm not sure the one you're referring to is a good example of innocence...in general.

Trevor Bauer?🤔….. yes I got the inference and so did you.😎

6 minutes ago, Molly Bell said:

False sexual assault accusations are not an issue. SA is extremely hard to prove.

If someone is found guilty of sexual assault, then they are.

Trevor Bauer disagrees with you. He claimed his innocence and it took over 2 years to clear his name. He lost millions and was PUBLICLY AND FALSELY attacked for years because of it.

Edited by flyerrod
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, Molly Bell said:

if you followed the details of this case, Hockey Canada told the players NOT to speak to the investigators. In fact, when HC was notified that the victim went to the police the next day, someone with HC notified the players and they left London. The London Police dropped the ball because they did not do their due diligence in investigating. These players (all of them whether they were involved or not), did not cooperate with the investigation back then. They weren’t “cleared” as you suggest. They weren’t charged (at the time). Trust me, the police would not reopen the case and charge 5 players for a crime that happened 5 years ago if they do not have very convincing evidence. 

That's a nice story.  You dont know that all or some or none of the players did not cooperate.

I do not "trust you".  This isnt a "trust me bro" situation.  Let's let the authorities and courts figure out what really happened

17 minutes ago, hmc687 said:

That's a nice story.  You dont know that all or some or none of the players did not cooperate.

Yeah, I have to say that I'm not bothered when people don't help the police during the course of an investigation, since even innocent people should zip their lips and not say a damned word unless it's on the advice of counsel. It's not indicative of guilt or innocence and has nothing to do with anything, really.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, Molly Bell said:

Think about what you just wrote. You claim many sexual assault accusations are false, and are done so for money.

Do you realize that, statistically, over 90% of all rapes go unreported? And of those 10% that are reported, less than 5% are straight-out false accusations and/or recanted for other reasons. 

So factually there are only a minuscule number of accusations that are false.

Comments like yours and others on here is exactly why most women do not report being sexually assaulted; because they are rarely believed, especially when the accused is an athlete or famous or both. 

One can typically tell the difference when there is a legitimate instance vs one where there might be gold-digging involved. As I recall Amber Heard was all about getting a financial settlement before anything else when that whole thing went down...

when a woman is a genuine victim of SA and has the courage to come forward and press charges, typically her first thought is for justice and the punishment of the perpetrator..she is not thinking about any financial matters first and foremost. That stuff might come later in a civil settlement but the primary goal is justice, vindication and resolution.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyerdog said:

from the Sporting News: 1/24/24

"Victor Mete and Jordan Kyrou confirmed that they did not attend the gala and were not in London at the time of the incident. 

The following players have come out either via personal statement or with their agency to say that they were not involved with the allegations: Jake Bean, Kale Clague, Max Comtois, Dillon Dube, Dante Fabbro, Cal Foote, Jonah Gadjovich, Carter Hart, Brett Howden, Cale Makar, Colton Point, Taylor Raddysh, Sam Steel, Tyler Steenbergen, Robert Thomas and Conor Timmins."

yikes!! Cale Makar? 

That's 17 players saying that they were not involved...somebody be lying, me thinks.....

Ummm…I went to public school in PA but I count 18 in your post.

1 minute ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Ummm…I went to public school in PA but I count 18 in your post.

actually 16, (I was adjusting for inflation 🙂)

since the other two said they were not there

32 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

One can typically tell the difference when there is a legitimate instance vs one where there might be gold-digging involved. As I recall Amber Heard was all about getting a financial settlement before anything else when that whole thing went down...

when a woman is a genuine victim of SA and has the courage to come forward and press charges, typically her first thought is for justice and the punishment of the perpetrator..she is not thinking about any financial matters first and foremost. That stuff might come later in a civil settlement but the primary goal is justice, vindication and resolution.

Amber Heard's case was physical domestic violence between two celebrities, not sexual assault of a teenager by teenagers covered up by a national sport governing body.

Apples and hand grenades. We shall not relitigate it here.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, radoran said:

Amber Heard's case was physical domestic violence between two celebrities, not sexual assault of a teenager by teenagers covered up by a national sport governing body.

Apples and hand grenades. We shall not relitigate it here.

that's true...my point was to differentiate between so called gold digging cases and legitimate SA cases...in terms of outcome sought.

7 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Don’t know the background to the story but if they are guilty they should be punished. The problem is the false accusations that are straight up money grubbing individuals are as often as not the case. Amber Heard says hello…..

I mean, try reading it. There’s plenty of info out there

18 hours ago, hmc687 said:

This only reinforces my point that when a man is charged w sexual assault it does severe damage regardless of trial outcome.  And this has already ruined 1 professional career (that we know of) but I'm sure many more.

Anyhow, I'll wait till the hearing plays out before making accusations. 

The feelings thoughts and accusations made by unknown people on a hockey forum has no, ZERO, impact on those involved. No damage is occurring by what any of us think. The flyers have taken no action against Hart. So this is just an overly emotional response by you, because you want your star goalie back on the ice

to your second statement, where you say you’ll wait before making accusations… I find it interesting how hard you are arguing on Harts behalf. It sounds an awful lot like your are accusing the victim in this case

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I mean, try reading it. There’s plenty of info out there

I have read several stories on this and multiple stories contain conflicting info. I hope the truth comes out. That is the bottom line.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

The feelings thoughts and accusations made by unknown people on a hockey forum has no, ZERO, impact on those involved. No damage is occurring by what any of us think. The flyers have taken no action against Hart. So this is just an overly emotional response by you, because you want your star goalie back on the ice

to your second statement, where you say you’ll wait before making accusations… I find it interesting how hard you are arguing on Harts behalf. It sounds an awful lot like your are accusing the victim in this case

Glad I'm not the only one reading it that way.   Even if we prorate, still immature.

What was that a "euphemism" for again?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

I have read several stories on this and multiple stories contain conflicting info. I hope the truth comes out. That is the bottom line.

For me, I try to discern what isn’t actually being reported, or what is logical

I don’t think it’s logical, if this was a money grab of celebrities, that the investigating agency would close the case, only to reopen it several years later. The reopening is what hits me the most. A police department usually behaves in this manner when its faces significant repercussions because someone screwed up royally…..no pun

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyerdog said:

Isn't that exactly what happened here?

She reported it to police, who swept it under the rug.  After the criminal justice system let her down, only then did she resort to the civil system.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2