Flyers 2023-24 Trade deadline moves/predictions

18 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

And if Briere knocks it out of the park with returns on Walker and Seeler

Yes injuries be damned playoffs be damned its a rebuild trade these guys for the best return and call up Andrea and Ginning or Attard and let them play.

Andrea is the same age York was last year when he played 66 games.

The time is now let these kids play through their mistakes and learn on the job.

In fact I'd recall Sandström and send Peterson down forever.

Just let Felix backup Ersson and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 9:15 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Konecny is going to look for 8 years. If he's going through a rebuild, he's going to want to be rewarded. It's similar to Couturier.

I'd hate to move TK, but I could see someone backing up the Brinks truck for him. I could see a team like Dallas putting together a serious offer. For instance, they've got Wyatt Johnston, Ty Dellandrea and Rope Hintz as centers. So, would Dallas be willing to part with Mavrik Bourque and Logan Stankoven for Konecny? If so, I think it's something that should be considered. 

As for Atkinson, getting the salary off the books would be ideal. I'd even settle for a 3rd or a 4th for him.

Unless I get a really good, young player and a high level prospect MINIMAL, I don't even consider moving him. If Dallas offered something like Wyatt Johnston and a first round pick for TK, I would have to seriously think about it, but I still doubt I would do it.

59 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

It's time to sell. Defense prospects and draft picks. That shoulder of Drysdale is now officially a concern, especially if it's a labrum tear again. 

Sigh ….. Flyers just can’t catch a break (pun not intended) 😔

• Sad 1

On 2/25/2024 at 9:10 PM, SCFlyguy said:

Should have traded Coots when we had the chance.

I can't really beat anyone up over this.

That kind of hindsight, while devastatingly accurate 4 years and two back surgeries later just wasn't in anyone's awareness at the time.

His last healthy season before this one, he was a Selke winner, even though there are hard miles on him his game is such that he can age gracefully. No one was thinking he was a guy to be moved. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I can't really beat anyone up over this.

That kind of hindsight, while devastatingly accurate 4 years and two back surgeries later just wasn't in anyone's awareness at the time.

His last healthy season before this one, he was a Selke winner, even though there are hard miles on him his game is such that he can age gracefully. No one was thinking he was a guy to be moved. 

On 4/1/2021 at 4:54 AM, SCFlyguy said:

(Past)Time to trade Giroux and Voracek for whatever you can get even if it is just cap relief.  You will probably have to retain salary in V's case.  The hard decision is whether you also trade Couturier.  I think the answer is yes and he has been my favorite player for years.  No one over 25 is going to be good anymore by the time the team could be good again.

I would also institute a rule that if you played for the Flyers you can't ever have any role with the team ever again.

• Good Post 1

People thinking long term were thinking “trade Couturier”.  We didn’t, now he is no longer a tradable asset and the team hasn’t materially improved since 2021 (yes it feels better because they play hard, but I’m not sure their long term prospects are any better) because they kicked the can down the road.

Now the Flyers have an opportunity to repeat the cycle or break it with Konecny.  I think we need to trade him, unfortunately.

• Like 4

On 2/25/2024 at 7:12 PM, mojo1917 said:

I hope he gets pushed to a #7.  I think there's a difference. 

I thought Cam York played pretty well offensively today.  I thought he was pretty good in his zone too. If some of these young guys with upside can break into the lineup because they're better and this version of Seeler becomes your #7... **** I'll take that all day.  I do like what he brings to the table and I do respect his determination.  There are worse things than having that guy in the organization. 

like I said in the Pens game thread, this group has made me feel some pride about being a Flyers fan again and I'm good with it. Nick Seeler and his **** all do whatever is asked attitude is part of the reason. He's exhibit A for fighting for every inch of everything. 

His grit and determination are definitely reminiscent of old school Flyers hockey, but one reason we haven’t won a cup in 50 years is we've always been the team with grit and determination and too little high end talent. If someone is offering a second round pick, then I’d trade him, if not then keep him for the playoff run.

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

If someone is offering a second round pick, then I’d trade him,

Realistically, does that 2nd rounder have a chance to help the team in the next 5 years ? 

I think this is the math that's being calculated as we speak.

Seeler helps to create culture and can play a little. 

I can see the point of those who think a 2nd is beyond fair value based on league history, a 2nd for a 5-7D  is "good value". Is it good value to the Flyers though?

I think ditching either one for less than what Jonesy and Danny think is fair is not worth it. Seeler especially, is cheap, he'll gladly become the 7th if there are better guys for the first 6, and he'll do whatever to help the team. That's his jam, I value it.

Walker has been a set him and forget him 2nd pair guy. He's a smart player . Those guys don't grow on trees, is there a second pair set him and forget him guy in the system? does a 2nd pick grow into a valued piece of the team or a top 4 guy?

I don't know man. I'm glad it's not my job to make these value determinations. 

I can see all sides of the argument. 

I think if the offer for either isn't what will help the team, then keeping them until later for a sign and trade or just as a few years bridge to let young guys develop isn't the worst thing to happen. 

I cannot argue against the team needing more high-end skill.

I see more than a few teams drafting top 5 and never making it count. The team is too depleted of players who've won or have been moderately successful pros and it's a lord of the flies situation.... How is the value determined as to which is more of a priority?

It's not easy.

So from reports it was on X so believe me or IDGAF it said Seeler and his agent turned down a 2 year deal for 2.5 mill per season.

So I say good fuggin bye.

:PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by OccamsRazor
Left off per season
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So from reports it was on X so believe me or IDGAF it said Seeler and his agent turned down a 2 year deal for 2.5 mill.

If we trade Seeler...which, yeah, if he turned down 2 years, $2.5 mil then I think he is gone.. and Walker, I want a 1st and a 3rd back..minimally. I like Seeler, he's the one reliable guy that always works hard and defends well, and not just with his shot blocking ability. I won't like seeing him go.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Realistically, does that 2nd rounder have a chance to help the team in the next 5 years ? 

I think this is the math that's being calculated as we speak.

Seeler helps to create culture and can play a little. 

I can see the point of those who think a 2nd is beyond fair value based on league history, a 2nd for a 5-7D  is "good value". Is it good value to the Flyers though?

I think ditching either one for less than what Jonesy and Danny think is fair is not worth it. Seeler especially, is cheap, he'll gladly become the 7th if there are better guys for the first 6, and he'll do whatever to help the team. That's his jam, I value it.

Walker has been a set him and forget him 2nd pair guy. He's a smart player . Those guys don't grow on trees, is there a second pair set him and forget him guy in the system? does a 2nd pick grow into a valued piece of the team or a top 4 guy?

I don't know man. I'm glad it's not my job to make these value determinations. 

I can see all sides of the argument. 

I think if the offer for either isn't what will help the team, then keeping them until later for a sign and trade or just as a few years bridge to let young guys develop isn't the worst thing to happen. 

I cannot argue against the team needing more high-end skill.

I see more than a few teams drafting top 5 and never making it count. The team is too depleted of players who've won or have been moderately successful pros and it's a lord of the flies situation.... How is the value determined as to which is more of a priority?

It's not easy.

I see your point in the second round pick scenario, and Seeler and Walker have been great for us,  but if we add a first and second for Walker and Seeler, that’s two free picks for guys that we basically got for nothing. Now we have three first rounders and two or three seconds in this draft and maybe another first for Laughton. That’s a lot of ammo to trade up in this draft and really jumpstart the rebuild. Attard can fill Steelers physical role and Andrae can eventually provide what Walker gave us. We may take a step back for a bit, but in the end we will be better off.Bonk is putting up huge numbers, but may take another year.

The thing that worries me is this…. If you were in the NHL, 30 years old, having the best year of your career by a mile and you never had a big payday, as much as you love your team and the guys …are you taking a two year deal for a modest increase, or are you going to the team dumb enough to offer you 3 million for four years? I’d be chasing the money,it’s his last chance to set himself up for retirement. If your the Flyers and in a rebuild, do you pay Seeler 3 million for four years? Maybe if Risto was gone, but it seems lots of teams are asking for Seeler and Walker in a package and Briere wants a first and second for both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So from reports it was on X so believe me or IDGAF it said Seeler and his agent turned down a 2 year deal for 2.5 mill per season.

If they offered Seeler $2.5M per for two years say good ***** bye to the "rebuild"

That's smacked ass insane.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

If they offered Seeler $2.5M per for two years say good ***** bye to the "rebuild"

That's smacked ass insane.

Here is one i found i couldn't post it at work earlier because it is so hard to text with surgical gloves on...and big fingers

Wasn't received well lol

Can't wait to see what Danny has planned...i use to be excited but lately i'm nervous maybe rookies GM front office isn't what they needed...

34 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The Flyers need to add a goalie. It would be great if they could add someone who's capable of something over .910 as a save percentage. I like Ersson, but God damn, you need to do better than .900. It's starting to get old real fast. 

They do need one, and if one is attainable without giving up a ton of assets..they should. I'm not sure Ersson is able to play 60 games or so, in a season. Come playoff time (there, I said it), he might be burned out. However, when the team gets 40 shots on an opposing netminder, and only scores a goal..is that a goaltending problem? No. That has happened to often this year - losing 2-1, and the Flyers get 40+ shots. They also need more top end offensive talent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh it gets even better even a Luke mention. :hehe:

:bonkingheadonwall:

Get ready. If Seeler gets dealt, they might trade for ol' Luuuuuke Schenn. Then, they can retire his number. 😁

Edited by FD19372
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wasn't received well lol

Seeler is a career AHLer playing above his head with a suitable partner on a team with literally no expectations.

Get whatever the hell you can for him and take the card out of your Rolodex.

Walker, too.

There are two guys over 26 that you keep. One you can't move (Couturier) and the other is Konecny - who I would trade in a heartbeat for an irresistible deal - but is also the player who is an actual hockey player "Flyers" type player.

I'm ECSTATIC to move ahead with TK and Couturier (who we are stuck with).

And, AGAIN, I'd trade TK for an (absolutely) irresistible deal.

I've got a LeClair and a Simmonds and TK would be my next idea in that line.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

This happens all the time with prospects, especially after the first round, which is why counting on more than 50% of your prospects to contribute is probably a recipe for disaster down the road.  More prospects, especially high end ones, give you more shots at actual contributing NHL players.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Moving ahead with TK will mean we are stuck with him at some point as well.

Again, I'm fine with moving him for value, but you do need someone who can be the leader for guys coming up.

Otherwise you risk winding up like Buffalo flailing about trying to find that.

But as two guys to be the bridge to a "new era" you can do much worse than Couturier and Konecny.

• Thanks 1