Game 81: New Jersey Devils at Philadelphia Flyers; 4/13/24 @ 5 PM, NBCSP

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What a fine young gentleman.

Makes me proud.

:flyer:

I wonder if he could be talked into coaching.  There's another Lappy.  He'd instill a lot of good stuff into the Youngins.  

• Like 2

On 4/14/2024 at 5:02 AM, flyercanuck said:

Both Detroit and Washington (who we jumped past with that win) won after we did, so right now we're picking 14th. One more win and we can reach Flyer glory and pick right in the middle of the pack!

Is it time to start checking who's ranked 15-16-17th in the draft for next year when we do the exact same thing 

8mpus4.jpg

So according to puckpedia.com the Flyers have 2 first round picks this year(from Florida and their own) and 2 first round picks next year also. I guess You should have been pulling for Florida to tank as well…..

Although I can’t attest to the accuracy, www.puckpedia.com seems to have pretty accurate info.

Edited by flyerrod
Info

On 4/14/2024 at 4:52 AM, OccamsRazor said:

What a fine young gentleman.

Makes me proud.

:flyer:

Made me happy to see they won on his night.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flyerrod said:

So according to puckpedia.com the Flyers have 2 first round picks this year(from Florida and their own) and 2 first round picks next year also. I guess You should have been pulling for Florida to tank as well…..

Although I can’t attest to the accuracy, www.puckpedia.com seems to have pretty accurate info.

They do...unfortunately none of them are high picks.

On 4/14/2024 at 5:27 AM, SCFlyguy said:

The same people that are against the rebuild are the same people who can't figure out why the team never gets better.  I'm sure there is no connection.

And UFOs will be responsible for 80 foot waves off the coast of Africa

there isn’t anyone on this forum that is against them rebuilding

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CoachX said:

And UFOs will be responsible for 80 foot waves off the coast of Africa

Totally agree….especially the UFO thing.🚀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

Yet there are plenty here who are against moves that make the team worse the next year or two but might make the team better in four years.

It would be amazing if there were a word for moves like that when used as part of a coherent strategy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Yet there are plenty here who are against moves that make the team worse the next year or two but might make the team better in four years.

It would be amazing if there were a word for moves like that when used as part of a coherent strategy.

We must be reading different posts then. I have read people who argue to keep a player or two as part of the future, but I don’t recall reading anyone saying not to rebuild, or that assets should be traded for a player or two to get this team into the playoffs 

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I don’t recall reading anyone saying not to rebuild

I think it's the definition of "rebuild" that's at issue here - like whether an effective rebuild can be done drafting in the middle-to-late parts of the draft consistently.

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

or that assets should be traded for a player or two to get this team into the playoffs 

They actually did just that, and there were people who supported/still support the idea. See: the pylon wearing the #77 sweater acquired from a 4th rounder that could have been the next Gustav Nyqvist, Andrew Copp, Hardy Haman Aktell, or Ethan Del Mastro*.

Others are disappointed they didn't get a goalie to backup Ersson and/or add some additional scoring.

:hocky:

* no, really!!

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

Welcome to the forum.   Enjoy your first day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

I think it's the definition of "rebuild" that's at issue here - like whether an effective rebuild can be done drafting in the middle-to-late parts of the draft consistently.

They actually did just that, and there were people who supported/still support the idea. See: the pylon wearing the #77 sweater acquired from a 4th rounder that could have been the next Gustav Nyqvist, Andrew Copp, Hardy Haman Aktell, or Ethan Del Mastro*.

Others are disappointed they didn't get a goalie to backup Ersson and/or add some additional scoring.

* no, really!!

After they traded Walker, with the injuries they had, someone had to play defense. I would’ve been fine if they didn’t make that trade, but I don’t see it as anything more than plugging a hole. Much ado about nothing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, radoran said:

* no, really!!

I don’t know anyone on this site that thought #77 was a good idea. Most understand the reason management made the choice but mo one on here agreed with it unless Jonesy or Briere are secretly members here…..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm Briere. I want to tear this steaming pile of shite down and rebuild the right way. 

But I'm scared of Tortsie.

The last thing they need is a power struggle.

But yeah I can certainly see it.

47 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

I don’t know anyone on this site that thought #77 was a good idea. Most understand the reason management made the choice but mo one on here agreed with it unless Jonesy or Briere are secretly members here…..

I was fine with it as far as it went.

Just saying they actually DID trade an asset for a player "to make the playoffs" that's all.

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

After they traded Walker, with the injuries they had, someone had to play defense.

Sure, and they had warm bodies that could do that.

They made the move "to make the playoffs" - regardless of how the pylon actually turned out, that was the rationale. Such as it was...

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

I was fine with it as far as it went.

Just saying they actually DID trade an asset for a player "to make the playoffs" that's all.

Sure, and they had warm bodies that could do that.

They made the move "to make the playoffs" - regardless of how the pylon actually turned out, that was the rationale. Such as it was...

Meanie

48 minutes ago, radoran said:

See, I don’t think there is anything wrong with that, given what they gave up. You make a safe move that doesn’t cost anything, and if you make the playoffs it’s a bonus

correct me if I’m wrong, but this is a business, right? If they make the playoffs that means more money for everyone, including the players. I would assume you’d have some pissed off guys in the coveted “room” we all talk about, if you just packed it in when they could get paid

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm Briere. I want to tear this steaming pile of shite down and rebuild the right way. 

But I'm scared of Tortsie.

I always thought you were taller🤔

Eh, maybe that was Pods I was thinking of.