JVR traded for Luke Schenn

Guest hf101

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the trade?

Homer's bike accident must have must have damaged more than his bones! Now the Flyers have two over rated underperforming members of the same family on the team. Remember the Sutter twins? Deja Vu Homer! First the Crappo draft picks,now this.

@hf101 Well, another bright spot, we finally traded a player who will not come back and win the cup on us!! LMAO!

BINGO!!!! This trade will break that streak for sure.

I just hope that JVR passes the physical and is gone. His "I will play when I feel like it attitude" really irked me. He has loads of talent but rarely uses it. I am curious is to how they think they are going to be able to motivate him in Toronto.....

• Like 1

I was bummed at first, but 6-2, 220...the kids only 22 w/ 4 NHL seasons under his belt. Any kid playing prime time D minutes for a suck azz team like the Laffs will struggle.

Clearly Homer is going the route he did w/ Jake - change of scenery for a top 10 draft pick that was lauguishing on a bottom tier team. Looks like he got a big, physical first round Dman after all....

I'd like to be hopeful on this one in that it could be 3-4 more years before a big kid like Luke Schenn really hits his prime development-wise.

Anyone know his cap hit?

this is an interesting take on the trade. I know Homer and Laviolette both seem to think the year where kids make a big step is the 23rd, they start to get their "man weight" & have been in the league a little while and begin to put the game together mentally.

i'm not hating the trade as i think i could be good for both teams... JvR and Bong hit or JvR and Kessel + the leaf's good center to be a tough line to deal with

That sucks! Please tell me we got a pick also...

That's what I would have thought too.

Must mean that the market for an oft-injured, over-rated, no-motor winger isn't what it used to be.

Should have traded him last year when his stock was still high.

Schenn is a pretty physical d-man, isn't he?

Sounds kind of like the kind of player we needed, plus the right-handed shot.

Might be a good trade. And maybe playing with his brother will do wonders for them both.

• Like 2

Homer's bike accident must have must have damaged more than his bones! Now the Flyers have two over rated underperforming members of the same family on the team. Remember the Sutter twins? Deja Vu Homer! First the Crappo draft picks,now this.

the kid (brayden) is 20 fing years old... i thought he was pretty decent down the stretch.... there's a lot to like about #10 and we traded our over rated under performing winger to get the more accurately paid, underperforming defensman. look let's see how Luke does once he gets the Leaf stench off of him. he has the mean streak everyone fing pines for...

• Like 3

you have to give to get......and as much as we all either wanted Suter and/or Weber.....it would have meant tearing this team apart and paying out the wazooo. This might be Homers way of still addressing the "D" and still hopefully adding a top winger for Roo. If we would have added either Suter or Weber, then I doubt a winger for Roo would be realistic. Lets see what Homer does in a few days when the UFA signing start. For now I am not passing judgement on this trade until the season starts..........

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 3

I love the deal. Schenn is a physical defensive defenseman that the team desperately needed. Ever since Pronger went down we had no physical presence on D until we acquired Grossmann. JVR was a lot like Carter without the productivity. JVR had the workout and heart issues that followed him when he was drafted and it seemed like he would never live up to expectations. I know power forwards take longer to develop but offense wasn't the issue with this team; defense was and in my opnion the defense got a lot better.

• Like 1

@Dynamo 47 Now JVR is Toronto's problem. If he struggles early, that pack of wolves commonly known as the Toronto media will be all over him like white on rice. He's Toronto's problem now....good riddence. JVR is about to find out the hard way, a lot easier to score with Philly's centers feeding him the puck....a whole lot more creativity on the Flyers side of the agenda.

• Like 1

@hf101, Can we put specific posters on ignore? I get tired of reading $hit for brains 46 whining posts.....

yup. go to the dropdown next to your profile name at the top right, there'll be a "manage ignore prefs" option. you can add users right there. i haven't seen hide nor hair of phillygrump in a month.

Question for everyone. Does this mean we don't resign Carle? Pairings?

On the contrary, I think this ensures a Carle signing. As much as we ***** about his blunders, he eats up a lot of minutes for a 4 to 4.5 mil per dman. Carle's biggest problem was he seemed to have his most egregious mistakes at the absolute worst freakin' times.

I love the deal. Schenn is a physical defensive defenseman that the team desperately needed.

schenn has a lot of tools. the only thing that worries me is that he was seriously in the doghouse last season. when you get signled out as a problem with that corps, there are issues.

change of of scenery maybe does the trick. he has the potential to be an impact player. same, really, as JVR. i think JVR is missing some tools though. like a brain.

at this point, i call it a fair even up trade.