HBO 24/7 - Episode 2

Guest Digityman

Top Quotes From The Second Episode Of 24/7

By: Philly Sports Daily Staff on December 21, 2011 11:09 pm COMMENTS OFF

Ilya Bryzgalov has been solid this season in net for the Flyers, but it’s clear that there’s a career for him in front of the camera if hockey doesn’t work out. He stole the show again in the second episode.

In the recurring F-bomb counter, Peter Laviolette came up way short. Last week he was edged by John Tortorella 10-8 after a furious comeback from the New York coach. This week, Laviolette was much more mild-mannered, losing 14-3.

Here are the top quotes form the Flyers’ end of the second episode:

“My husky, she’s basically a hot girl, man” – Ilya Bryzgalov

“Hartsy, 200, eh? Congrats. That’s 200 more than me. Twelve games, no points.” – Peter Laviolette

“Did he get the puck? Because that guy’s gonna score a frickin goal!” – Peter Laviolette

“It’s typical. Montreal typical.” – Peter Laviolette

“Don’t just play the game to let it go by. Play the game to make a difference.” – Peter Laviolette

“The universe – we’ve got nothing to worry about.” – Zac Rinaldo

“Hopefully I don’t get one [concussion] from Santa Claus.” – Matt Carle

“Who’s more crazy, me or defenseman? Who’s more weird?” – Ilya Bryzgalov

“He’s actually closer in age with my boys than he is with me. So my boys love it. Honestly, it’s working out great.” – Danny Briere

“I can barely hear.” – Sean Couturier

“You f***in hit him from behind. You know you did, Luc.” – Wayne Simmonds

............................I liked the "Typical Montreal" the best.

I watched it last night with the steam and maybe I had to much to drink but I didn't think it was that good.

I'm going to watch it again this morning

I didn't think it was that good either. The Caps/Pens one last year was better than the Flyers/Rags (so far anyway). This team either has little personality or Lavy has them purposely guarded to keep them focused. I'm leaning towards the latter. Still cool to watch but I will be honest I am underwhelmed so far. Hopefully it picks up in the last two episodes.

I think it's been great so far. I only wish the hour was all Flyers - fk the Rangers. On the other hand it was really touching seeing Callahan's family, his grandmother and everyone at the game, his parents' reaction to him being named captain. There's a lot to like about these shows imo.

It's hard to know how guarded the guys are when the cameras are rolling but the interactions strike me as pretty genuine.

You see a huge contrast with the head coaches' styles: Torts is amped-up almost all the time, screaming his fool head off at his players. The segment with Gabby was interesting. Torts had ripped into him and then they cut to Gabby's reaction later on (the show doesn't tell you how much later) . But I thought he (gaborik) was uncomfortable talking about it, that he didn't exactly appreciate being screamed at in front of everyone. Nobody wants their coach to hammer them in public of course, and it's a fine line whether it motivates a guy or not. But I thought I could "hear past" what Gaborik was saying and sense the hostility toward Torts for doing that. It wasn't just a dress-down; Torts really ripped him a new one - right there on camera.

Lavy's approach - what we see anyway - is entirely different. He treats his players like adults, respectfully. That looks like his default position. He's got that quiet kind of force in his manner when he's addressing the team. Of course it's easier to be even-handed and respectful etc. when you're winning. After the Boston blowout at home there wasn't much to say I guess, but Lavy was smart about it imo. He didn't rant and rave, he didn't single anyone out. He basically just told them all to "let it burn" and take that feeling on the road and into the next game.

Lavy's more subdued approach really contrasts with the times when he does get really pissed off, like he did at Peal (i think it was peal) in Montreal - on the no-call when Jagr was tripped. Man he was hot. I was listening to Bundy on the radio that night and he said the same thing Lavy did, "typical Montreal."

forgot to add my fav part in episode 2 - when Zac talks about playing Sega with Jagr in the game, and now playing alongside him. Zac says he played it religiously when he was younger..."but I was never Jagr because I didn't like that type of player. I was Eric Lindros."

Priceless! And well-said imo. Who the hell wanted to be Jagr back then unless you were a Pens' fan. Even then...a 1-way guy, HOF point totals and all rarely trumps a 2-way workhorse like Lindros. And Zac is a bull on the ice. He learned his Sega lessons well! If he could develop some hands to shoot with...well I guess he's not gifted that way, but I sure like him. It was a good segment - him and ...? can't remember who his roommate was...but they were talking about how good it is there are so many rookies - like they're all in it together.

I don't know man, it's way early and everything. But with reliable goaltending and some luck avoiding injuries I can see this team hoisting the Cup. This year. Yep, crazy I know, and the odds are stacked against us because Thomas is still playing out of his mind. But who knows...get past (or around) Boston and we can beat anyone else I think in a 7-game series...rookies and all.

Canoli, Zac's roommate was Harry Z.

I'm enjoying the show so far. I didn't watch last year because I didn't get HBO, so I have nothing to compare it to. One thing I don't like is the fact that it makes the Rangers look like human beings. Makes it harder to hate them. Well, except for Avery, cause it made him look like even more of a douche.

I watched it last night with the steam and maybe I had to much to drink but I didn't think it was that good.

I'm going to watch it again this morning

Same here... It wasn't as good as the first one. Btw, am I the only one who doesn't give a sh!t about the rangers side of things!?

Split the episodes in two... Sorry, but the cripple boy angle is touching and all, but I don't need to see it in this show.

It's clear, to me, that lavvy is a great motivator. Torts sucks. Who'd you rather play for? Torts treats them like children.

"Split the episodes in two... Sorry, but the cripple boy angle is touching and all, but I don't need to see it in this show."

I made a joke to my daughter, "I wanna see the kid cry". Hate the rags, want to see them lose and see all their fans suffer.

forgot to add my fav part in episode 2 - when Zac talks about playing Sega with Jagr in the game, and now playing alongside him. Zac says he played it religiously when he was younger..."but I was never Jagr because I didn't like that type of player. I was Eric Lindros."

I haven't seen the episode yet, have it DVRd but that sounds like it's going to be my favorite quote from that episode too!

Same here... It wasn't as good as the first one. Btw, am I the only one who doesn't give a sh!t about the rangers side of things!?

Split the episodes in two... Sorry, but the cripple boy angle is touching and all, but I don't need to see it in this show.

It's clear, to me, that lavvy is a great motivator. Torts sucks. Who'd you rather play for? Torts treats them like children.

I agree. I'd rather see the players out partying after a win and the single guys on the team chasin tail at a bar/club. Sleaze sells.

Playlist:

EPISODE 2

The Black Keys -- Money Maker

Foo Fighters -- My Hero

REO Speedwagon -- Roll With The Changes

Bronze Radio Return -- Wonder No More

Princess Chelsea -- Frack

Flo Rida -- Good Feeling

M83 -- Midnight City

Rival Sons -- Pressure And Time

Johnny Polonsky -- Honesty (not on playlist, can't find on YouTube)

Fitz And The Tantrums -- Don't Gotta Work It Out