Leighton and Sestito waived

Guest JackStraw

good riddance to Leighton. too bad for the tito train i kind of liked him....

I don't think either of these two players effect the cap significantly enough to derail a big trade, which unless it is for Briere i don't want to see happen anyway.

https://twitter.com/...174626092535808

Kind of surprised that they waived Sestito, I thought he might stick around for a while.

I am afraid someone is going to pick up Sestito....He really is a strong 3rd or 4th line guy with size and speed and even some finishing ability. I believe I would have sent someone else (Foster) if I needed to make a roster slot. You can have an extra forward take up his minutes for what he brings to the table defensively....

Jack:

I agree. Is this cap clearing for a trade? Boy, our backup goaltending doesn't leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Best,

Howie

Couldn't agree more. Not a fan of having Boosh as our primary back-up.

Bryz needs a rest every now & again, but it's hard to do that when our back-ups are so bad. (There is a good reason that Bryz has started so many games so far this season.)

Jonathan Bernier, please!

• Like 1

Jonathan Bernier, please!

I was thinking about that today. Maybe that's a seperate topic.

I watched him against the Wings and man he is going to be a fanchise goalie. Behind Quick he isn't going to get the minutes he deserves.

Without getting fleeced, I'd like to see Homer make a run at him.

I'd even go as far as trading Coots + a pick for him.

I know that's not a popular opinion but a franchise goalie is something the Flyers need. You have to give to get.

With Laughton showing signs of being a capiable 3rd line center, losing Coots would hurt but not as much.

• Like 2

Thanks to all for clarifying this may have as much to do with slots as cap. Sestito is expendable with Rinaldo as "Bowling Ball." Leighton is something of a tragedy or comedy or both. Neil Little was spared the indignity of frequent up and down. Leighton's time here speaks to the inability of this franchise to develop or keep its goalies. Antero Baby...come back from Europe...we need you.

Best,

Howie