Blow this team up. Now.

AndyS

No heart. No compete. No nothing.

Blow it up & try to make this team worth watching next season & beyond.

List of players to get rid of:

1. Briere

2. Bryz

3. Hartnell

4. Kimmo

5. . . . .

Feel free to add to this list.

The only untouchables, IMO, are Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Coutourier, Grossmann & Coburn.

I can't stomach any more of this crap hockey. This is NOT Flyers hockey.

I was never on the trade Briere train, but at this point, I'm ready to see what he might be worth at the trade deadline. Bottom line is this team should be a seller at the deadline and I agree with your list except for Hartnell. I don't want to see Briere go because of a lack of effort or heart. I just think the guy has lost a step and while he is a clutch playoff performer, what good is that if you don't make the playoffs? I have to think his past playoff performances will yield some value to a team looking to make a run. And Kimmo should yield similar value to a team looking for a good vet d man to make a run.

And by all means, buy out Bryz! I appreciate his effort and his desire to succeed, but he is not th shut down goalie that they paid for. He rarely steals games, and this team needs a guy who can steal a game now and then. Maybe if the system was right, he would do better here, but they should not build a team around him. Wouldn't it be nice if just once in this century that they could draft a good goalie AND stick with him until he is ready to take the reins instead of trading him away for the flavor of the month?

I was never on the trade Briere train, but at this point, I'm ready to see what he might be worth at the trade deadline. Bottom line is this team should be a seller at the deadline and I agree with your list except for Hartnell. I don't want to see Briere go because of a lack of effort or heart. I just think the guy has lost a step and while he is a clutch playoff performer, what good is that if you don't make the playoffs? I have to think his past playoff performances will yield some value to a team looking to make a run. And Kimmo should yield similar value to a team looking for a good vet d man to make a run.

. . .

WIth the whole cap reduction coming, I don't think that your going to be able to find any willing to pick him up, period. $6.5M/year for Briere for another two seasons? That was questionable when the deal was first made, now its unthinkable. I think buyout is what is going to happen with Briere.

WIth the whole cap reduction coming, I don't think that your going to be able to find any willing to pick him up, period. $6.5M/year for Briere for another two seasons? That was questionable when the deal was first made, now its unthinkable. I think buyout is what is going to happen with Briere.

I disagree. There are teams struggling to get to the cap floor that need his cap hit. Actuall dollars is $3mm next year and $2mm in 2015-16.

Whether the Flyers can get something good in return is another story.

I disagree. There are teams struggling to get to the cap floor that need his cap hit. Actuall dollars is $3mm next year and $2mm in 2015-16.

Whether the Flyers can get something good in return is another story.

But Briere has a no movement clause I believe, so he'd have to agree to go to a team struggling to get to the cap. Which basically means a team that will not be competing for the cup. Can't see him doing that.

I am disgusted I wasted this afternoon to watch this. This is the worst Flyers team since the disaster of the 2006-2007 season. I am not even sure if *that* team was actually worse. At this point I really think their best shot is to try to move as much salary as I can and finish low enough on the standings to secure a good draft pick. With this loser of a GM we have, he will find a way to screw this all up… God what a waste….

But Briere has a no movement clause I believe, so he'd have to agree to go to a team struggling to get to the cap. Which basically means a team that will not be competing for the cup. Can't see him doing that.

St Louis, Anaheim, Dallas, Carolina, Nashville, and Ottawa all say hello!! Phoenix and Nashville are bubble teams right now but the other teams have lots of cap space and are firmly entrenched in a playoff position.

Seriously, this is all Bryz's fault. He singlehandedly drains the confidence from the skaters faces with horrible goals against. Did you see Hartnell look back at him after one of the Bs goals? Yeah, that matters.

Bryz and Briere would be my priorities in that order. I don't care if nothing comes back for Bryz, and I'd like something for Briere, but he needs to go too. Laziness is contagious.

• Like 1

@ Andy

I would take Hartnell off, this would be my list:

Knuble - ufa

Gagnge- ufa

Timonen- b/o

Fedetenko- ufa

Shelley- ufa

Pronger retires

trade Briere @ the deadline, he would move to a contender at his age

I hesitate to put Bryzgalov on there due to lack of depth at that position, maybe if we can get Backstrom from Minny, then yeah buy him out.

All the vets have lost a step this year, no use making a trade to make the p/o's, do all these buyouts and trades at the end of the year, except Briere. Go for the lottery pick.

And add Timmonen's $6 mill year for a #5 defenseman? Not a trade out there since Howson left...

• Like 1

I'll play:

Trade for picks, let go or buyout:

Knuble

Timonen

Briere

Bryz (Buyout)

Leighton (put down forever)

Boucher

Keep:

Giroux

Read

B. Schenn

Simmonds

Talbot

Tye McGinn (he can replace Hartnell in time)

Voracek

Gagne (UFA next year - keep him)

Coburn (bad year, good player)

GrossmanN

Meszaros

L. Schenn

If the right deal comes along:

Trade one of Couts or Laughton. The other plays 3rd line center next year.

Hartnell if he accepts a trade.

why would Couturier be untouchable?

i know he's young, but he is having an absolutely horrible year: listless, passive, lazy and he is a terribly slow skater.

This is the same thing being said about JVR last season. Would you take him back right now?

No heart. No compete. No nothing.

Blow it up & try to make this team worth watching next season & beyond.

List of players to get rid of:

1. Briere

2. Bryz

3. Hartnell

4. Kimmo

5. . . . .

Feel free to add to this list.

The only untouchables, IMO, are Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Coutourier, Grossmann & Coburn.

I can't stomach any more of this crap hockey. This is NOT Flyers hockey.

I keep Hartnell. Is Couturier all that safe anymore? Is he that valued anymore? Coburn right now I'd trade for a player of use or top pick. I don't think ANYONE on this team deserves "Untouchable" status

Briere is useless and Bryzgalov has proven that last season was not an anomaly. It's time to shed the weight and move on.

Sell. Let them know what it feels like to have a GM give up on them like they've given up.

Phx gave up on Briere.

Doom, Briere is good for one thing on the Ice and that is the playoffs. That's not happening and even if it does his production buys you maybe one round. After that the team gets eliminated.

I am NOT defending Briere, just pointing out facts.

He's also money against Montreal, regular season or playoffs.

That's great, but does it help this team going forward? No. It's time to think about selling and he's one piece that should go.

Ok, seriously, I'm not defending Briere. Relax. I was very early in the trade Briere mentality.