Byfuglien and Burmi for the Schenns?

caluso

So a fatty and a guy with a Russian sounding name for two young, high character, quality canadian kids ?!?!

grapes would **** a twinkie if Homer makes that deal, which would be kind of cool to see but, no thanks.

• Like 1

The source of this rumour is as follows: The afternoon drive show on TSN Radio Winnipeg (1290) simply floated a what if since it's widely reported that Burmistrov wants out and everyone is frustrated by Byfuglien's inconsistency. They made it clear there was NO basis for this rumour and that it was strictly hypothetical just to try and get callers in with their own ideas. I was listening to show at that time, so I know.

Relax, men.

Yechlund sure has some solid sources....

• Like 1

They made it clear there was NO basis for this rumour and that it was strictly hypothetical just to try and get callers in with their own ideas.

You have saved a life today...

...i will step back off the ledge now. :D

I think I more gun-shy of moves like this than any other off season.

Thats because you know there is no patience in this organization and since we just missed the playoffs the panic button is probably sitting there in Snider's office dying to be pushed repeatedly.

Its scary.

• Like 1

@maddog

it's time for a good Homer trade/move we've had last offseason where he was ineffective, i think this time he pulls some jedi mind tricks and swindles some teams for some good players in return for chaff.

a guy can hope right ?

Edited by mojo1917

@Clarke2Leach

I didn't know that Burmistrov wanted out. Is it indeed widely reported?

Coach Noel is trying to turn him into a hockey player and Burmi really does not like that. It's not even close to a secret in Winnipeg. Now, Gary Lawless is a blowhard, but we've got 2 real hockey writers (Tim Campbell and Ed Tait) saying the same thing.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/burmistrov-wants-out-of-winnipeg-208450711.html

I didn't know that Burmistrov wanted out. Is it indeed widely reported?

Yes he wants out he is not a happy camper...i'll pass on both.

However depending on his asking price Ron Hainsey might be a good depth guy for the blueline...can play top 5th-7th Dman i think.

@Clarke2Leach

@OccamsRazor

Thanks

I'd say Burms is already a great hockey player. Up to now, I thought his attitude was great. He reported to St. John's without squawking, whereas some of his countrymen went to the KHL or otherwise whined about playing in the AHL. I'd take him in a heart beat. He's talented, responsible, kills penalties etc. He's being used wrong in Wpg in my opinion. They turned him into a checker because he's so responsible. Like Couturier in a way.

Since Kane's days are also numbered in Wpg, a trade for Kane and Burmistrov is something I would entertain.

@Clarke2Leach

@OccamsRazor

Thanks

I'd say Burms is already a great hockey player. Up to now, I thought his attitude was great. He reported to St. John's without squawking, whereas some of his countrymen went to the KHL or otherwise whined about playing in the AHL. I'd take him in a heart beat. He's talented, responsible, kills penalties etc. He's being used wrong in Wpg in my opinion. They turned him into a checker because he's so responsible. Like Couturier in a way.

Since Kane's days are also numbered in Wpg, a trade for Kane and Burmistrov is something I would entertain.

My understanding is that he plays too much East/West and not enough North/South for Noel's liking. I don't disagree that he's been misused, but Noel isn't going to hand anyone a spot on the top 2 lines without the player earning it (or more accurately - appearing to earn it).

@Clarke2Leach

Ok, thanks. I've always liked him and I own him in my keeper league so I'm keenly interested in him goign somewhere where he can play in an offensive role. He''d make a great PP quarterback for one thing. Lawless is saying that he has no intentions of signing in Wpg. If that's true, his value will drop and he might be had fairly cheaply. I don't think he has a bad attitude really. He's always come to play by account.

Or Offer Sheet him...

Edited by Podein25

yeah but they insist of Gervais being part of the deal can't do that it will set us back five years!!!!!!!!!!!!