Unbecoming of a Flyers Captain

Mario99

Claude Giroux I fear may follow in the footsteps of Mike Richards, named Captain of a great franchise too soon and can not handle the pressure of such a title. this season is a very important one to coach Lavvy and the team and he has the stupidty to break a golf club over his knee and wreck his index finger on shooting hand??? I say he might be out longer than 6 weeks, we know how much Flyers lie about injuries, see Mezaros. I can't believe with about 4 weeks to go camp in an upcoming important season to re establish themselves Giroux does this playing Golg no less a boring boring game that by the 5 th hole I'm bored already!!!!! SMH!!!!

Funny. By your fifth word *I* was bored already. SMH!!!!

Accidents happen. It's unfortunate and it stinks, but they happen. It doesn't make someone "unbecoming of a Flyers captain." He's a fierce competitor. I think we all like that about a guy, especially a captain. He broke his club in anger while playing a game. It's not like he stood there and said "4 weeks to camp. Screw it, I think I'll hurt myself."

Good grief. Get over it.

• Like 2

so, the quote from giroux says he hit a shot fat and broke the shaft. which...you'd have to be swinging for the fences and hit it way way fat, but can happen. from whence comes the broke-it-over-his-knee thing?

so, the quote from giroux says he hit a shot fat and broke the shaft. which...you'd have to be swinging for the fences and hit it way way fat, but can happen. from whence comes the broke-it-over-his-knee thing?

So you're saying we can't just make crap up as we go along? Without the fantasy details, his post would have been even more boring.

• Like 1

Can't believe I just wasted a minute reading this honestly. Back away from the ledge dude. Accidents will and do happen... So by your terms a Captain of any hockey team should not golf?

And please post a link to you rumor of G breaking it over his knee...

Edited by murraycraven
  • Like 1

Posted · Hidden by hf101, August 17, 2013 - Duplicated post
Hidden by hf101, August 17, 2013 - Duplicated post

Claude Giroux ... has the stupidty to break a golf club over his knee and wreck his index finger on shooting hand???

Thankfully I'd already read the true story this morning.

hey MarioSuperFan99: leave the bitchin and moanin, making up crap, etc. about Flyers' captains to Flyers' fans alright?

Claude Giroux ... has the stupidty to break a golf club over his knee and wreck his index finger on shooting hand???

Thankfully I'd already read the true story this morning.

hey MarioSuperFan99: leave the bitchin and moanin, making up crap, etc. about Flyers' captains to Flyers' fans alright? We're plenty capable.

Claude Giroux I fear may follow in the footsteps of Mike Richards, named Captain of a great franchise too soon and can not handle the pressure of such a title. this season is a very important one to coach Lavvy and the team and he has the stupidty to break a golf club over his knee and wreck his index finger on shooting hand??? I say he might be out longer than 6 weeks, we know how much Flyers lie about injuries, see Mezaros. I can't believe with about 4 weeks to go camp in an upcoming important season to re establish themselves Giroux does this playing Golg no less a boring boring game that by the 5 th hole I'm bored already!!!!! SMH!!!!

According to Giroux, the club hit behind the ball when it shattered, meaning he hit the ground and drove the club through that resistance to force a bend and shatter of the fiberglass shaft on the club he was using,This is fairly common.

Where are you getting this "He broke the club over his knee" bit from?

I have shattered 2 different clubs on separate occasions . My uncle has broken more than i have, One was my beloved Ted Sheftic persimmon driver, hit the ball off the tee, and it cracked / exploded into 4 pieces the other time I snapped my 5 iron off at the shaft hozzel hitting out of the rough. in each case I struck the ball and **** just broke. No monkey business just playing golf. It does happen , even to 15 handicaps...if you were taught to swing hard, which i was.

I have shattered 2 different clubs on separate occasions . My uncle has broken more than i have, One was my beloved Ted Sheftic persimmon driver, hit the ball off the tee, and it cracked / exploded into 4 pieces the other time I snapped my 5 iron off at the shaft hozzel hitting out of the rough. in each case I struck the ball and **** just broke. No monkey business just playing golf. It does happen , even to 15 handicaps...if you were taught to swing hard, which i was.

mojo... defintiely can happen. I played golf for my high school team and saw it happen twice. Additionally, I broke my freaking wrist playing golf when I was in HS too! LOL... still wonder how the hell that happened! I hit a wedge fat and felt my left wrist snap!

While this topic is entirely fiction, Roo does need to learn how to keep his frustration better in check. It throws him off of his game.

Agreed. Otherwise, he could have been playing in Game 5 in 2012 against the Devils instead of sitting in the Riley Cote suite upstairs.

I have shattered 2 different clubs on separate occasions . My uncle has broken more than i have, One was my beloved Ted Sheftic persimmon driver, hit the ball off the tee, and it cracked / exploded into 4 pieces

Just be thankful you didn't break the old Billy Beru!

• Like 3

Anyway. The issue about giving the most talented player the C doesnt need to be a good thing. I really think Girouxe is too young. I want him to focus on ONE thing. Adding points. Goals and assists. Maybe he can do it even when having the C but I prefer when a older player, a natural born leader, wears the C. Like Timonen or Gagne on the current roster.

But I have faith in G. No moaning here.

I don't think gagne it's a captain at this point in his career and he is still a UFA. If anything Kimmo should have been captain for a few years and then G.

I have no problem with G being the captain honestly. I think people tend to put too much weight behind the C... G has had and currently has enough veteran leadership around him.

I don't think gagne it's a captain at this point in his career and he is still a UFA. If anything Kimmo should have been captain for a few years and then G.

I have no problem with G being the captain honestly. I think people tend to put too much weight behind the C... G has had and currently has enough veteran leadership around him.

Agreed. First, I think at this point there is a behind the scenes reason why it's never been Timonen. He must not actually want it. I've no inside information or anything concrete to base that on, just a suspicion.

And Gagne has NEVER been captain material. He certainly isn't now that he isn't even signed.