Timonen to play another year?

hf101

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Timonen back wth the Flyers for the 2014-15 season?

• Yes, he as is still one of our top 4 d-men.
    • Yes, only at a cap hit less than $3M
    • Maybe, I want to see how he plays this year.
    • No, I want to make room for other prospects in the organization
    • No, he is past his prime, let him play for another team.

Yesterday, Panaccio reported that Timonen may continue playing after next season. It depends on how his body feels and whether he can maintain his accustomed standards on the ice.

Timonen finished 6th last year in points of all NHL d-men. 

Although Timonen stated that this would would be his last season do you want him back next season at age 39?

Well after they signed Streit to a 5.25 mill cap hit...Kimmo has to be worth at least that no??????

5 mill would do it but like i stated yesterday i hope he takes a home town discount for about 4 mill....but i won't hold my breathe. What i wonder now since he stated that if the Flyers now can't get him to reup before the deadline would that now make him trade bait????

If for no other reason at the end of the season he could sign anywhere and they wouldn't get any compensation for him......HHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.

@Bertmega

LOL.

@all

i think we have to remember he's got his team in Viking-land to run so i'll bet he will want at least 5 million, cause you know Hartnell's blowing the budget on Finnish hookers who are wiling wear a breast plate and sing "kill the wabbit"

Yesterday, Panaccio reported that Timonen may continue playing after next season. It depends on how his body feels and whether he can maintain his accustomed standards on the ice.

Although Timonen stated that this would would be his last season do you want him back next season at age 39?

Isn't Streit suppose to be the replacement for Timonen? If he wants to resign for one year at $3 million then maybe otherwise let him go.

I fall on the side of wanting to wait and see how he does this year. Really respect the guy and his quiet leadership. I just want to know A) that he can hold up to the rigors of a 82 game schedule without sustaining a major injury AND B) is he willing to play ball and give a bit of a hometown discount. If he's back for the 14-15 season I'd assume they did not win in 13-14. Kimo would probably be hungry as ever for the Cup, maybe even throw the Flyers a bone and take a mill or so off his contract demands.

He's earned a nice payday, but if he does come back, it's fair to give a bit of a discount, cause the Flyers are assuming the risk on a long term injury....he has not exactly been the picture of health the past few years. I'm not saying he takes a wash, but a mill to 1.5 under market value is fair for both sides. Of course, I believe starting this year, Gus will be groomed to take over Kimo's current spot.

How about this scenario. Kimo's health does not hold up, he sustains a major injury. He then retires (for the 14-15 season) with a nudge, nudge, wink and makes a startling comeback around Christmas time. It takes away the rigors of a full schedule from Kimo, but allows him to be available for the stretch run and the playoffs. Flyers are off the hook for half a years salary, save under the cap, but still have the long term security blanket in Kimo? Would that work?

Great!

He just needs to make less money.

I'm totally behind it.

I just wish Kimmo would play through less injuries, its clear we can operate without him on the ice with our plethora of D-men waiting in the wings. Its better to have him at 90% than to have him skating around through two sprained ankles and a sore elbow.

I really hope he plays another year at a much reduced role/cap hit.  Throw him in as a 4th dman or maybe even 3rd pairing depending on how he goes this year.  He can still move the puck well, provide solid leadership, and command a lot of respect on the ice.

I really hope he plays another year at a much reduced role/cap hit.  Throw him in as a 4th dman or maybe even 3rd pairing depending on how he goes this year.  He can still move the puck well, provide solid leadership, and command a lot of respect on the ice.

Unless we get to the finals, I don't see him coming back for 1 more year.

Unless we get to the finals, I don't see him coming back for 1 more year.

Nonsense, the sooner this season is over the more rest time he has for the following year's sure-to-suck season -- which in turn will last just 82 games.

uvz02.gif